Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 08:36   #7201
BHPian

The ordeal has started. My post on FB official XUV page doesn't show up though!!!

Good Morning Mr. Mahindra,

Trust you are in spirits and good Health. Request your kind intervention to resolve the ordeal which started on April 11th 2015 @ 1:30 AM. My XUV 5OO AWD bearing registration no. HR26CM1130 met with an accident 25 KMS ahead of Ajmer (Rajasthan).

I called up Roadside Assistance and was delighted to see the tow truck and taxi arriving at the spot in less then 25 minutes. Both the tow truck driver and chauffeur checked twice for my well being on their way to the spot. Kudos to Allianz Global Assistance your Road side assistance partners, for taking very good care of me and my beloved Cheetah.

While on my way to the authorized workshop in Ajmer i.e, Nagour Automobiles, I kept believing and feeling happy about my decision to sell my 5 months old Renault Duster to buy an XUV. However, the twist awaited and was revealed very soon when the dealership denied taking the car into the workshop. After making frantic calls to Roadside Assistance and Mahindra customer care, I could see that the workshop was hell bent on not letting the car in. Well, this is when I also thought it was your promise "With You Hamesha" but I and the Cheetah both found ourselves alone in a dark and secluded industrial area with little or no help.

The ordeal is still going on as I write this post.
1) The car is still in the workshop due to unavailability of parts. They say it will take 8-9 days for receiving the parts from the Nashik plant. When I bought this car the same plant delivered the vehicle in flat 4 days at Gurgaon. Surprises me!
2) During my purchase of the Cheetah, I was given a Bharti AXA insurance policy by Sterling Mahindra and was informed that it is a national tie-up policy and that cashless is allowed PAN India at Mahindra Authorized Workshops. However, once again, Nagour Automobiles denied cashless facility on the context of no tie-up with Bharti AXA General Insurance. The surveyor has already given a go ahead for cashless repair but I fail to understand what difference would it make for them to receive payments directly from the insurer and not me.

Sir, hope you will have someone looking into the issue and doing the needful. Change of Alloy Rims, Lower Arm and windshield shouldn't have taken this long.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Also, please avoid using # tags.

Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd April 2015 at 12:20.
Old 21st April 2015, 09:18   #7202

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

What are your recommendations regarding securing the vehicle? The service center guys said that the gear lock is not an option. The only option is to install a a tracking / immobilizer device. Any recommendations.
Old 21st April 2015, 19:59   #7203
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Just sharing

Had a chat with the mahindra guys at india garage on anna salai, chennai. They feel that the xuv 500 refresh will be launched in end of may but the auto will be launched pre diwali.
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 20:43   #7204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Just sharing

Had a chat with the mahindra guys at india garage on anna salai, chennai. They feel that the xuv 500 refresh will be launched in end of may but the auto will be launched pre diwali.

Thanks for the update, a few others have indicated the same launch duration (May) hope they launch the auto and manual facelift together in or around may.
Old 21st April 2015, 22:24   #7205
BHPian

acidkill/Tanveer_2558 - My source is also the same (India Garage@Anna Salai). They mentioned 26th April launch. Another dealer Zulaika said it would be in October. I feel that facelift will be launched by end of May the latest. Hope Mahindra doesn't make us wait endlessly.
Old 21st April 2015, 23:00   #7206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInstincts View Post
acidkill/Tanveer_2558 - My source is also the same (India Garage@Anna Salai). They mentioned 26th April launch. Another dealer Zulaika said it would be in October. I feel that facelift will be launched by end of May the latest. Hope Mahindra doesn't make us wait endlessly.
Yes buddy, the Staggered launch date is quite problematic for me too. I have a limited timeline as i have already sold one of my existing cars. Besides the priority of my expectations from the refresh are

1. Autobox:
Quite clearly, Chennai Traffic does not allow one to think that owning a manual SUV is going to be a pleasure. So I do long for an automatic option in the 15 Lakh SUV segment. It is huge void in the market according to me. Spending 32 Lakh for an automatic Fortuner or Pajero seems to be rather poor value.

2. Interior Cleanup
I need the Interiors grow up a little. All these shiny bits, the extra maroon bits, the felt in the internals and those extra lights make it look rather, for a lack of a better phrase, looking too gaudy?

3. Loosing the fuss in the front
From what i can see, they have done something about it.

I hope all expectations will be met and that I can then go ahead with the XUV
Old 21st April 2015, 23:52   #7207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Yes buddy, the Staggered launch date is quite problematic for me too. I have a limited timeline as i have already sold one of my existing cars. Besides the priority of my expectations from the refresh are

1. Autobox:
Quite clearly, Chennai Traffic does not allow one to think that owning a manual SUV is going to be a pleasure. So I do long for an automatic option in the 15 Lakh SUV segment. It is huge void in the market according to me. Spending 32 Lakh for an automatic Fortuner or Pajero seems to be rather poor value.

2. Interior Cleanup
I need the Interiors grow up a little. All these shiny bits, the extra maroon bits, the felt in the internals and those extra lights make it look rather, for a lack of a better phrase, looking too gaudy?

3. Loosing the fuss in the front
From what i can see, they have done something about it.

I hope all expectations will be met and that I can then go ahead with the XUV
My wish list is almost similar to that of yours:

1. Interior Cleanup - wishing to see an upgrade in the look and feel of the interiors. The black interior and it's texture isn't of my likings. The body color of my choice comes only with the black interior.

2. Loosing the fuss in the front - Mellowing down on the overdone front would be great. The scoop pic is promising. We got to see what comes out in real.

3. Suspension - Hoping to see some improvement to match the ride quality of Duster siblings.

Let's see what comes out of the oven.
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:02   #7208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeepSehgal View Post
What are your recommendations regarding securing the vehicle? The service center guys said that the gear lock is not an option. The only option is to install a a tracking / immobilizer device. Any recommendations.
XUV comes with an Immobilizer as Standard. Not sure on the tracking, but am sure there would be some way to do that.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 16:07   #7209
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has silently increased the prices effective from April 1st, 2015. The increase is in terms of 4 digits only, except for AWD which is at 5 digits.

Now I'm getting into a dilemma should I wait for the facelift or should I go ahead with the current model as I am tight on budget and if the prices shoot up after the facelift, I might have to think twice.
Old 22nd April 2015, 16:24   #7210
BHPian

Hi,
My XUV completed the first 5k km and is waiting for the first service. I am in Bangalore staying near electronic city and working in ecospace, Bellandur.

Anyone know any good service center in Bangalore between electronic city -> silkboard -> bellandur ecospace? I am looking for a service center that I can completely trust. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd April 2015, 17:45   #7211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Hi,
My XUV completed the first 5k km and is waiting for the first service. I am in Bangalore staying near electronic city and working in ecospace, Bellandur.

Anyone know any good service center in Bangalore between electronic city -> silkboard -> bellandur ecospace? I am looking for a service center that I can completely trust. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.
You can try Sireesh Auto Marathalli, Bangalore which is very close to Bellandur. It is little tough to find the location for the first time. You need to take the U-Turn in front of multiplex when coming from Bellandur and take a left after Biryani Zone. Multiple people here on this forum who own a XUV have got their car serviced and the rating is at average. May be the owners can throw some light on the quality of services offered by them.
Old 22nd April 2015, 18:49   #7212
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Go to Seerish at Singhasandra next to Volkswagen show room in Hosur Road.
Old 22nd April 2015, 18:59   #7213
J.Ravi

My XUV 500 took me and my wife to nine states in 21 days covering 7,353.1 km safely and comfortably. No puncture. No breakdown. No accident. No damage. Not even any check-ups in between. Tomorrow, my XUV 500 will be going to India Garage for the 30 k km fourth and paid servicing.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-bhubaneswarchennaitrip.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-bhubaneswarchennaimid.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 22nd April 2015 at 19:03.
  (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 19:19   #7214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My XUV 500 took me and my wife to nine states in 21 days covering 7,353.1 km safely and comfortably. No puncture. No breakdown. No accident. No damage. Not even any check-ups in between. Tomorrow, my XUV 500 will be going to India Garage for the 30 k km fourth and paid servicing.
Great to hear from a reliability standpoint. I was always worried about this aspect since I am considering XUV as a possible replacement for my 4.5 year old Civic AT, which has become a bit uncomfortable for long journeys with my parents due to its low seating.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd April 2015 at 21:45. Reason: Quote fixed.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 20:03   #7215
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
I don't think you can completely trust any of them. One of my friend bought XUV from Anant Cars and was completely fed up with their service. Second service was done at Sireesh Auto Marathalli, after escalating to VP. Per him service is 'comparatively' better than Anant cars.

He had reported 2 issues on his vehicle

Rattling issues on middle row seat - fixed

Driver seat was not locking properly - finally concluded as 'design' fault

But he end up with selling the vehicle in less than an year

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks