Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2015, 21:02   #7216
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Sorry SDP, SuperTinu & others.
Booked my Satin White W8 yesterday( My son chose the colour). Since the car is being purchased through CSD hence will take more than a month to deliver. The process starts by dealer booking the vehicle and the factory sending one on my name.
Just keeping my fingers crossed regarding the refresh because it will take about 3-6 months before the refresh is available through the CSD after the launch and I can't wait that long. Why delay the fun, So went ahead with it. Wish me luck.
Congrats RajeVenu. Good choice of colour. Are you buying from Chennai and driving down? 13 Lakhs is a good buy. I bought it in November 2013 for close to 12.4 onroad. The same ordeal of waiting period of 6 weeks applied to me too. However, you can be happy to the fact that the car is made to order from the factory under the tag "CSD". This would also mean that a smart cookie dealer will not palm off a vehicle which has been waiting with them as a bad lemon.

Safe motoring.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 23:59   #7217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Mahindra has silently increased the prices effective from April 1st, 2015. The increase is in terms of 4 digits only, except for AWD which is at 5 digits.

Now I'm getting into a dilemma should I wait for the facelift or should I go ahead with the current model as I am tight on budget and if the prices shoot up after the facelift, I might have to think twice.
I was unofficially told by he dealer that Facelift will come with a new price tag which is most likely higher than the current price. But again, I take it with a pinch of salt as the dealers are more interested in clearing the stocks and say anything to sell.
Old 25th April 2015, 14:29   #7218
BHPian

My Experiments with ADON-D : Update 1 April 4, 2015

Key Result: Mileage improvement continues at 11% over baseline after covering > 9000 Kms

For more click here
Heavy Horse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 15:17   #7219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra has silently increased the prices effective from April 1st, 2015. The increase is in terms of 4 digits only, except for AWD which is at 5 digits.

Now I'm getting into a dilemma should I wait for the facelift or should I go ahead with the current model as I am tight on budget and if the prices shoot up after the facelift, I might have to think twice.
Hey fusionbang, the facelifted version will certainly come with some amount of price increase. But in my opinion what will really make an impact is that initially after facelift launch discounts will be reduced. Lot of prospective buyers would be holding up purchase for new model and there will be be spike in sales initially. If you are tight on budget and I remem you wanted W6, go ahead and bargain a good deal on current version. But make sure you are not the kind of guy who regrets in hindsight
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 16:14   #7220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey fusionbang, the facelifted version will certainly come with some amount of price increase. But in my opinion what will really make an impact is that initially after facelift launch discounts will be reduced. Lot of prospective buyers would be holding up purchase for new model and there will be be spike in sales initially. If you are tight on budget and I remem you wanted W6, go ahead and bargain a good deal on current version. But make sure you are not the kind of guy who regrets in hindsight
Hey thanks buddy for your valuable suggestion. But seriously I am in two minds now whether to go for the face-lifted version or bargain on the current version and get good discounts. I will discuss with my family and come to a conclusion asap. And ya as you said I do not want to regret later, hence I will wait for the face-lift, see it in person and then try to bargain on the older version if I am not impressed with the new version & pricing. I think this is the way I need to go now Suggest me if this is the right thing to do.

Last edited by fusionbang : 25th April 2015 at 16:17.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 16:45   #7221
BHPian

Quote:
If I was at your place and even if with tight budget I would had gone for the facelift model any day. Am sure there will be many improvements in terms of bad road handling, tweaked suspensions, usable 3rd row, a good sound system etc.

We buy cars for at least 5 years then why to buy a 3 year old model when an updated version is available.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 15:37   #7222
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, need an input regarding few observations I have. I notice that when I accelerate between 2k to 2.5K RPM irrespective of gear, I hear a mild booming/resonating sound. Something similar to a free flowing exhaust and it actually increases if i take my foot of the accelerator and let the car roll in gear. It goes away after that range. Others have similar observation?

Secondly while going over a sharp bump I hear loud clanging sound. It seems to be coming from inside the cabin. Do the 2nd row seats have that problem. I rolled over and pushed back the seat fews time to ensure its properly locked. I think it goes away when 2nd row occupants are present but not certain yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
If I was at your place and even if with tight budget I would had gone for the facelift model any day. Am sure there will be many improvements in terms of bad road handling, tweaked suspensions, usable 3rd row, a good sound system etc.

We buy cars for at least 5 years then why to buy a 3 year old model when an updated version is available.
Rahul, I am fairly in line with your point. However where i think differently is that XUV being sold today is not how it started. Mahindra has consistently improved it in terms of brakes, suspension noise, sensors, infotainment reliability etc over the years. Leaving aside the cosmetic changes on the upgrade, if rest of the changes are minor improvements then a price increase and loss of discounts can be questioned if budget is tight.

Last edited by supertinu : 26th April 2015 at 15:41.
Old 26th April 2015, 20:24   #7223
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Folks, need an input regarding few observations I have. I notice that when I accelerate between 2k to 2.5K RPM irrespective of gear, I hear a mild booming/resonating sound. Something similar to a free flowing exhaust and it actually increases if i take my foot of the accelerator and let the car roll in gear. It goes away after that range. Others have similar observation?
I have noticed the same sound exactly on said rpm levels. Now I feel its a normal thing still will bring it to the notice of my RM when I go for my 1st free service tomorrow.

Experienced friends anything about which I should be aware during the 1st free servicing of my vehicle other than general things.
Old 26th April 2015, 22:05   #7224

I think this the much talked about sound from the dashboard cowl over the dials. Fix for it which a few forum members have done is take it off, add some kind of rubber layer and fix it back I think best done With help from showroom guys.
Old 28th April 2015, 00:46   #7225
BHPian

Mine is the updated version (2014 Jan). It had this strange 'ambulance siren' kind of noise when the turbo kicks in. Turbo is currently being replaced. They said there is an oil leakage in the turbo. They also replaced my brake pads it has run approx 25500 kilometers.

In the mean while sharing a couple of pics from the trip last weekend, my friend too has the same beast.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-35.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-45.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-27.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-28.jpg

Here is mine :-)
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-rameshwaram.jpg
Hrishiz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 19:18   #7226
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same sound in mine (Oct 2014 model). I was hearing it more in my initial days . Now after 10K on the odo I don't notice them much, may be my ears are conditioned now . I read that it the turbo whistle which starts at 1800 RPM and stays till 2000- 2200 RPM . Press your pedal till you cross 2200 rpm and check if they vanish.

My RM Said all XUV have the same sound so nothing to worry.
ansumaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 13:02   #7227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
I have the same sound in mine (Oct 2014 model). I was hearing it more in my initial days . Now after 10K on the odo I don't notice them much, may be my ears are conditioned now . I read that it the turbo whistle which starts at 1800 RPM and stays till 2000- 2200 RPM . Press your pedal till you cross 2200 rpm and check if they vanish.

My RM Said all XUV have the same sound so nothing to worry.
Thanks Ansumaan. The sound is pretty mild and not much of a bother. Infact no one other than me in my family hears it also . I am sure I will learn to ignore it soon. However another observation I felt is that the sound is more pronounced when car is loaded with 4 adults vs me driving alone. There is some dependence of load on the engine as well that increases it a bit.
Old 1st May 2015, 13:11   #7228
BHPian

Quote:

Secondly while going over a sharp bump I hear loud clanging sound. It seems to be coming from inside the cabin. Do the 2nd row seats have that problem. I rolled over and pushed back the seat fews time to ensure its properly locked. I think it goes away when 2nd row occupants are present but not certain yet.
If I may venture a guess, please do check the tools in the compartment at the back! Usually they are not strapped down properly and result in loud noises when we go over bad roads!
Mcroadster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 03:56   #7229
BHPian

Hi all finally booked a purple W8 XUV pre facelift model. Thanks to T-BHP and all the ownership threads which helped me a lot in deciding on the cheetah. The following are the accessories I am planning for
1. Side steps
2. Rear guard
3. Door beading
4. Reverse camera
5. Rubber floor mats.
Existing owners please suggest other necessary accessories that I need to buy. And moreover the SA is asking me to go for the full mat. Is it really necessary?
Old 5th May 2015, 07:48   #7230

Hi smrtdvl, congrats. How much discount did you manage to get?
I am also looking to buy xuv and waiting for face-lift. For the past 3-4 months or so have been hooked to all ownership threads and this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks