Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 17:50   #7246
BHPian

Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. OR await approval to edit and add to the original post. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Congratulations Padas on your new purchase. What was the price quoted for roof carrier
Thanks gpriyesh. The price quoted for the roof carrier was 11.2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys, finally took the plunge and booked the cheetah(existing model) - XUV5OO W6 at Anant Cars, Mysore Road.

OTR - 14.92lac

I am yet to proceed on the payment, as I am looking for finance which would take some time. I was promised to get good accessories by the executive during deliver, can you please suggest what accessories can I ask him, which should be VFM. I don't like adding chrome and side steps as I am ok without side steps.

Thanks in advance:-)
Congratulations on booking your cheetah. It might be worthwhile to go for Rear Guard as you are in Bangalore. If you are interested in upgrading to alloys, you might find good deals there too.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th May 2015 at 18:05. Reason: Back to back posts, please await approval to edit and add in the original post. Thanks
PADAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 18:18   #7247
BHPian

Few days back my friend was boasting about a feature in his Duster AWD, a feature in which the rear wiper would work automatically on engaging the reverse gear with front wiper on.

Yesterday while driving my XUV for first time in rain I found out even XUV is equipped with same feature.
rahul_kej is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 13:03   #7248
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
1. Side steps are a good buy at 10500, but there is one BMW X5 Look alike available in the market for the same price.
Mahindra charges heftily for Side steps. One can get almost close-to-OEM design side steps directly from distributors/ dealers of OEM's like Ajanta at half the price.
TheIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 16:52   #7249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post

Had driven about 120 km since yesterday and the experience is awesome. Would share more details and my experience in a different ownership thread.
Congrats Padas. Wish you many safe miles. The driving experience is awesome. I am amazed at the driveability of the engine and considerable levels of refinement inside the cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Few days back my friend was boasting about a feature in his Duster AWD, a feature in which the rear wiper would work automatically on engaging the reverse gear with front wiper on.

Yesterday while driving my XUV for first time in rain I found out even XUV is equipped with same feature.
Interesting. I should check this out. Its raining in Bangalore right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
Mahindra charges heftily for Side steps. One can get almost close-to-OEM design side steps directly from distributors/ dealers of OEM's like Ajanta at half the price.
As far as i know you will can pretty much get it for free from the dealer, so price doesnt hurt too much. My only concern for external accessory will be longevity. I have seen simple things like OEM tyre covers lasted 10 yrs on my prev car, but same bought from outside wouldn't go few years without fading or breaking.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 20:18   #7250
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys, I have a doubt.
If the MRP of a product is marked in it, are the retailers supposed to charge us service tax and VAT over the MRP?

The genesis of the doubt was due to the following incident which happened to me:
In my previous service, the SA had somehow missed topping up my coolant. After that, my car was standing in garage for about five months since I was out of station. After my long lay off when I checked the car, I found that the coolant had leaked out/ evaporated.
(The reason for the coolant to disappear all of a sudden still remains a mystery even after the car spending two days in the SC)

I filled in water to limp the car till service centre. The guys at service centre drained out the water and filled in almost six litres of coolant. (5.25 Litres or so. They gave me the remnant of the coolant on the canister)

All fine till now. I was given a bill of around Rs 1700 for the coolant and I paid up and drove out. After I reached back home, I checked the coolant bottle to find that the MRP is printed on it as Rs 250 or so. On cross checking with the bill, I realised that they have billed service tax and VAT over the MRP.

Are we supposed to pay these taxes?
Isn't VAT included in MRP?

Any pointers?
Please bear with me for I am too ignorant on the tax system and its nuances.

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 14th May 2015 at 20:20.
Old 14th May 2015, 22:06   #7251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congrats Padas. Wish you many safe miles. The driving experience is awesome. I am amazed at the driveability of the engine and considerable levels of refinement inside the cabin.
Thanks supertinu. The more time I spent in the car, the more I like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Are we supposed to pay these taxes?
Isn't VAT included in MRP?

Any pointers?
Please bear with me for I am too ignorant on the tax system and its nuances.
Look at the label and see what it says about taxes. To my knowledge, if it says "Inclusive of all taxes", they are not supposed to charge anything extra. If it says "Local taxes extra", the VAT can be added.
I don't think they can charge service tax unless there's an itemized charge on something other than the product sold. Like labour charges.
Old 15th May 2015, 22:21   #7252
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: Changed my booking to W8 from W6. Might be god's grace that the stocks of W6 Silver color was not available. I had an option of White W6, but somehow din't wanted to take it as I din't like the beige interiors. And finally the dealer had a W8 Silver, did some recalculations on my budget and took the plunge to change my booking.

OTR: 16.96lac
Discounts: 59K + 15K(Exchange Bonus)
Freebies: Side step, Rear view camera, Rain visors ( Din't ask for chrome accessories as I don't like them personally)
Delivery Date: 18.05.2015

Guys, I am planning to do PDI tomorrow at the stockyard, are there any specific things which I need to look at apart from the team-bhp checklist? Need your advice on this front.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 22:32   #7253
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I am planning to do PDI tomorrow at the stockyard, are there any specific things which I need to look at apart from the team-bhp checklist? Need your advice on this front.
Do check if all the oil levels and coolant are topped up under the hood. If its below the max level get it topped up then and there, once you take the delivery it will be chargeable, do check for rust even.

In my case coolant was low and spare bulb was missing.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 08:06   #7254
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: Changed my booking to W8 from W6. Might be god's grace that the stocks of W6 Silver color was not available. I had an option of White W6, but somehow din't wanted to take it as I din't like the beige interiors. And finally the dealer had a W8 Silver, did some recalculations on my budget and took the plunge to change my booking.

Freebies: Side step, Rear view camera, Rain visors ( Din't ask for chrome accessories as I don't like them personally)

Great decision to upgrade. I am sure you'll enjoy the car more in its W8 version.
You may not be able to check the quality of accessories while doing the PDI at the stockyard, but do check them at the time of delivery. I am not satisfied with the quality of the side step given to me. Wonder if its a genuine accessory from Mahindra.
Old 16th May 2015, 09:17   #7255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do check if all the oil levels and coolant are topped up under the hood. If its below the max level get it topped up then and there, once you take the delivery it will be chargeable, do check for rust even.

In my case coolant was low and spare bulb was missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Great decision to upgrade. I am sure you'll enjoy the car more in its W8 version.
You may not be able to check the quality of accessories while doing the PDI at the stockyard, but do check them at the time of delivery. I am not satisfied with the quality of the side step given to me. Wonder if its a genuine accessory from Mahindra.
Thanks guys, Surely will check on the oil levels and spare bulbs. Also will do PDI before delivery as well.
Old 16th May 2015, 12:26   #7256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
As far as i know you will can pretty much get it for free from the dealer, so price doesnt hurt too much. My only concern for external accessory will be longevity. I have seen simple things like OEM tyre covers lasted 10 yrs on my prev car, but same bought from outside wouldn't go few years without fading or breaking.
I also believe in OEM parts and it's quality over after-market. When I bought my XUV, I found that Ajanta and one other vendor were the OEM vendors for Side steps and other accessories. Located Ajanta's distributor, went personally there, chatted with him and found that they indeed are OEM suppliers to Mahindra. Saw quite a few models of Side steps and got fitted one for Rs. 4,500/- (Mahindra Dealer quoted upward of Rs. 10,000/-, if I remember correctly).

In my Ladakh road trip last year, this side step took extensive abuse. In fact, before the trip, a Ladkah-trip expert advised me that he had to change side steps of his SUV after every Ladakh trip. Once, before Rohtang Pass, I crossed a nasty water streams on a broken road with almost one foot deep craters filled with nasty big stone and having shrp edge of the road at the side of the craters. My co-passenger who were outside directing the path told me that the side steps took nasty hits and at times they folded like rubber strips vertical to the road. When I came out, they were still ok, bent slightly from several places and didn't give any trouble at all. Straightned them at MASS after coming back and they are going great guns

Quote:
UPDATE: Changed my booking to W8 from W6.
Congrats. Good decision.
TheIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 11:07   #7257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for pointing this out. I was able to find a mention of this feature in the user manual as well. It clearly says with auto wipe rear one also turns on during reversing.

Quote:

Good decision. This is upselling in marketing terms . Even I ended up doing the same. Went in for a W6 and ended up getting W8. You will certainly enjoy all the bells and whistles of the W8. Also extra safety and addl features are worth spending the money. Happy motoring.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 13:13   #7258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Peterjim which shop did you find this in Kochi?
Hi Gpriyesh if you are talking about the side steps. I found them on TYREX on NH 47 byepass opposite Holiday Inn.
Old 19th May 2015, 08:17   #7259
Senior - BHPian

Folks, finally all formalities done and will be going to PDI today around 11 AM. Will be taking delivery tomorrow and I might have a sleepless night today

Can anybody share the detailed PDI asap, if you have any apart from the team bhp PDI checklist.
Old 19th May 2015, 12:06   #7260
Distinguished - BHPian

Team,

Received a quote for the XUV 500 W4 @ Rs. 13.02 lakhs all-inclusive, and the dealer is offering a flat 31,000/- cash discount, bringing the final quote to 12.71 lakhs.

Upon more deliberations, he has agreed for a further 10,000/- corporate discount and 50% reduction on accessories, if I choose any. So effectively, I would be paying 12.61 + accessories @ 50%.

Good enough deal, or can I squeeze some more out of this?

Breakup:

Ex-showroom Price - 11,43,264/-
Registration Charges - 85,029/-
Comprehensive Insurance - 45,732/-
5th Year Warranty Package - 21,348/-
Handling & Logistics Charges - 6,742/-
-------------------------------------
TOTAL - 13,02,115/-
Assured Cash Benefit - 31,128/-
Corporate Discount - 10,000/-