Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 13:05   #7261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Few days back my friend was boasting about a feature in his Duster AWD, a feature in which the rear wiper would work automatically on engaging the reverse gear with front wiper on.

Yesterday while driving my XUV for first time in rain I found out even XUV is equipped with same feature.
Tell you friend that this feature was available since 2008 on a 7.9 lakhs Skoda Fabia Elegance.

[no boasting].
Old 19th May 2015, 14:01   #7262
Senior - BHPian

Guys did a PDI today and I would like thank Team-BHP from my bottom of my heart which has helped me to choose the right proper vehicle. During PDI, the car first alloted to me had damaged bumpers during Transit and I rejected it. Then another car was allotted and when I was almost completing the PDI, noticed that the rear right door was repainted and some work was done on the door panel, also this was a March 2015 manufactured vehicle. Thanks to the guy from Nandi U -Trust who had showed me this when he had evaluated my Santro.

Finally, I was able to finalize on a car with some numerology and will be getting delivery tomorrow.

Thanks once again Team-BHP And thanks to the sales rep Mr. Vinay from Anant Cars, Mysore Road who obliged for all my conditions and allotted me as per my expectation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,

Received a quote for the XUV 500 W4 @ Rs. 13.02 lakhs all-inclusive, and the dealer is offering a flat 31,000/- cash discount, bringing the final quote to 12.71 lakhs.

Upon more deliberations, he has agreed for a further 10,000/- corporate discount and 50% reduction on accessories, if I choose any. So effectively, I would be paying 12.61 + accessories @ 50%.

Good enough deal, or can I squeeze some more out of this?

Breakup:

Ex-showroom Price - 11,43,264/-
Registration Charges - 85,029/-
Comprehensive Insurance - 45,732/-
5th Year Warranty Package - 21,348/-
Handling & Logistics Charges - 6,742/-
-------------------------------------
TOTAL - 13,02,115/-
Assured Cash Benefit - 31,128/-
Corporate Discount - 10,000/-
FINAL TOTAL - 12,60,987/-
Congratulations RavenAvi But here in Bangalore the ex showroom price was quoted as 11.34 lac, how come for you it is 11.43 lac? By the way which city are you from?

Also I think the insurance is on a higher side, because for me he is given insurance free and giving bumper to bumper insurance. And you could have bargained for accessories from his end like side steps, rain visors and if possible a camera.

I was able to squeeze side steps, rear camera, rain visors and door beading for my W8. Hope this helps.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2015 at 14:33. Reason: Excess smiley removed. Only 2 permitted per post.
fusionbang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 14:59   #7263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations RavenAvi But here in Bangalore the ex showroom price was quoted as 11.34 lac, how come for you it is 11.43 lac? By the way which city are you from?

Also I think the insurance is on a higher side, because for me he is given insurance free and giving bumper to bumper insurance. And you could have bargained for accessories from his end like side steps, rain visors and if possible a camera.

I was able to squeeze side steps, rear camera, rain visors and door beading for my W8. Hope this helps.
First of all, congratulations to you too my friend.

I am in Chhattisgarh, and the official site shows the same pricing. Maybe transportation costs to Karnataka (from Maharashtra) is lesser than CG, that's why we have our ex-showroom prices on the higher side. Or it could be VAT rates.

I received this quotation (via email) and discount offers on my first phone call to the dealership (Ralas Motors in Raipur, CG). Maybe when I visit them personally and pursue a bit more then I can squeeze out a better deal. I am also keen on a few free accessories myself as well.

There are 2 W4s available with them right now - one is Grey and the other is Silver. VINs decoded have shown April 2015 as the manufacturing date.

I am looking out for illuminated scuff plates and a reverse camera + sensors set. Let me see what else I can bring out from bargaining with them. I need the SUV by month-end or early next month so there is still scope for bargaining left.

Will keep updating. I am also eagerly waiting to see the pics of your Cheetah!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 15:11   #7264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
First of all, congratulations to you too my friend.

I am in Chhattisgarh, and the official site shows the same pricing. Maybe transportation costs to Karnataka (from Maharashtra) is lesser than CG, that's why we have our ex-showroom prices on the higher side. Or it could be VAT rates.

I received this quotation (via email) and discount offers on my first phone call to the dealership (Ralas Motors in Raipur, CG). Maybe when I visit them personally and pursue a bit more then I can squeeze out a better deal. I am also keen on a few free accessories myself as well.

There are 2 W4s available with them right now - one is Grey and the other is Silver. VINs decoded have shown April 2015 as the manufacturing date.

I am looking out for illuminated scuff plates and a reverse camera + sensors set. Let me see what else I can bring out from bargaining with them. I need the SUV by month-end or early next month so there is still scope for bargaining left.

Will keep updating. I am also eagerly waiting to see the pics of your Cheetah!
Thanks buddy Will definitely post the pictures as soon as I take delivery and it will be coming till I own the car.

Yes you have some more time to do some negotiations. But I would suggest you to do it before this weekend, as the facelift launch is planned for 25th May, there might be chances that the demand might increase for the current version as some might not like the new design as it happened with me. So it is better to talk to the sales guy in person and take all negotiations in writing. Good luck

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2015 at 10:51. Reason: Typo corrected
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 16:00   #7265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Booked W6 and taking delivery on Sunday if every thing goes smooth.
Any suggestion for PDI from experience members?
On Road 13.43 L plus 10 K value of accessories.
Now completed 1500 in one month. Uploaded couple of images. Enjoying my ride and now planning to go long trip to Uttarakhand (Almora, Bhimtal, Jim Corbette)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_3616.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_3614.jpg  

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 19th May 2015 at 16:02.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 16:22   #7266
BHPian

Vivek congrats ! I too have the same side footsteps as yours. Waited for almost a month to get them from Delhi, as I stay in Nagpur. Just wanted to ask you, how much did you pay for the roof carrier and which company/model is it ?
Old 19th May 2015, 16:24   #7267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now completed 1500 in one month. Uploaded couple of images. Enjoying my ride and now planning to go long trip to Uttarakhand (Almora, Bhimtal, Jim Corbette)
The side steps look great.

Enjoy the trip but plan it quick since the rains will be starting soon and Corbett will inaccessible, also the roads to Almora are prone to landslides during rains.
Old 19th May 2015, 16:36   #7268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Vivek congrats ! I too have the same side footsteps as yours. Waited for almost a month to get them from Delhi, as I stay in Nagpur. Just wanted to ask you, how much did you pay for the roof carrier and which company/model is it ?
I got it fitted from the dealer only and it costed aprox 10K (As far as I remember)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The side steps look great.
Enjoy the trip but plan it quick since the rains will be starting soon and Corbett will inaccessible, also the roads to Almora are prone to landslides during rains.
I am going next week from 24th to 29th.

Last edited by ampere : 20th May 2015 at 13:52.
Old 19th May 2015, 17:11   #7269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Vivek Even I am getting my car delivered tomorrow and probably I will get the same side steps.

One more question, the alloys look different, are they super speed rims from Mahindra?

Last edited by fusionbang : 19th May 2015 at 17:12.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 17:35   #7270
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Vivek Even I am getting my car delivered tomorrow and probably I will get the same side steps.

One more question, the alloys look different, are they super speed rims from Mahindra?
Thanks.

Alloys are from Dealer and having Mahindra logo. They had one design only. They showed me same designed (bellow image) with black inner but fitted this all silver.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_3613.jpg  

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 19th May 2015 at 17:38.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 17:40   #7271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Vivek. The speed alloys without the black color look pretty good. The side step design is also very good. Its very uncommon. Normally everyone has the round pipe type which even I have. Recently one of my colleague who got a Xclusive edition got this flat type side step.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 19:50   #7272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am going next week from 24th to 29th.
Enjoy and drive safe...and be sure to visit Naukuchiatal if you have the time, it is pretty close to Bhimtal.

I being from Nainital just thought would share some pointers
Old 19th May 2015, 23:17   #7273
BHPian

Quote:
Now completed 1500 in one month. Uploaded couple of images.
That Side step looks smart. Also saw it a few days back on an XUV on road.
Old 20th May 2015, 11:09   #7274
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I am taking delivery of my Silver XUV5OO W8 today evening. Can you guys help me with what all I need to take care during delivery process?

Also couple of questions,

1. How to check the Hardware and Software version of the Infotainment system?
2. How to check the MMI version?
3. Does W8 come with driver side express down? I saw in their website, but while doing PDI I think it din't work.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 20th May 2015, 11:17   #7275
J.Ravi

Quote:
2. How to check the MMI version?
Switch on the navigator. Go to Menu>Maps>About will show the version. Mine is v 8.0. The 2014 models have v 8.1.

Quote:
3. Does W8 come with driver side express down?
Yes, my XUV 500 W8 has express down on the driver's side window.
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks