Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 19:53   #7501
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
How do i check the version of maps? What is the version in yours? since you bought few months from mine we should be having the same.
Yes supertinu, ideally you should also have the same version of maps which is version 8.1. Go to the navigator, click on Menu and select Settings which will give you 3 options Map, Maps POI, Language. Select Map and it will show the version of the maps as shown below

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150723_19_22_15_pro.jpg

Also I noticed that the navigation software is very old and it is a 2013 edition

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150723_19_21_51_pro.jpg

Also you can check the Products, Hardware and Software versions by pressing "Mute" and "Seek>>" button simultaneously to get into this screen

Options to check the products such as speaker, mic, Display and options to update Bluetooth software. I am not sure what exactly Read DTC means in the list.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150723_19_32_59_pro.jpg

Hardware Version

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150723_19_34_55_pro.jpg

Software Version

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150723_19_35_02_pro.jpg

Cfg Version (Not sure what it means again)
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150723_19_35_15_pro.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Have any of you upgraded your maps version and faced similar issues?
I think you have got your maps upgraded but looks like the software version is very old. Can you please confirm which year car you have? And is it not supposed to have the latest software for the infotainment system? See the pictures above for my software version.

Also can you please post a pic of the maps version similar to the one posted by me.

Last edited by fusionbang : 23rd July 2015 at 19:58.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 10:37   #7502
BHPian

2nd gear in my vehicle is very notchy. especially at slow speeds while changing from 3rd to 2nd it takes some adjustment and effort.

Is it the case with all the vehicle?
Old 24th July 2015, 16:44   #7503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
2nd gear in my vehicle is very notchy. especially at slow speeds while changing from 3rd to 2nd it takes some adjustment and effort.

Is it the case with all the vehicle?
In general 1st and 2nd gears are notchy compared to others in that order. however in my case I haven't really come across too much of issue with either. Probably needs some adjustment on your car. its nothing surprising since majority have the same feedback.
Old 25th July 2015, 15:32   #7504
adu
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
If you read the list of features available from the first link shared by Tushar, it says the house/builiding number is available in premium map. So I am sensing Mahindra has provided us with the basic version of maps and hence the new update is not giving that option.

Can you confirm with Mahindra if they are offering Premium maps to XUV or the basic one?

fusionbang, have confirmed with MMI that the maps are Premium Version. However, what they also said is that the hardware (ICE) of the old XUV can only do so much and hence we cannot get the same user experience as what we get on their Navigatior units or for that matter even the new XUV. The new ICE definitely is more interactive and brings out some superior features.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 13:18   #7505

Been driving a Scorpio (2004) for a while and looking to change to an XUV or maybe another Scorpio. In the process been through and tracking this thread closely; thank you to so many of you here for the excellent feedback and comments.

Was checking out the a new XUV W10 at the local dealership yesterday and found my left foot (sports shoe) getting 'stuck' between the clutch and the siding when removing it from the dead pedal! It felt uncomfortable to not have the foot come back smoothly onto the clutch pedal. Just checking if this could be possible misalignment of the clutch or it is just so in the XUV.
Old 27th July 2015, 12:36   #7506
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to put the infotainment display in sleep mode. During night journeys I would like to switch off the display, whereas the music should be playing in the background. I would not like to strain my eyes too much. Any help is appreciated!
Old 27th July 2015, 12:42   #7507
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it possible to put the infotainment display in sleep mode. During night journeys I would like to switch off the display, whereas the music should be playing in the background. I would not like to strain my eyes too much. Any help is appreciated!
Unfortunately can't be done.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 12:57   #7508
BHPian

Quote:
I saw an option in the new facelift version to put the display to "Auto Display", which used to put the display to go off while music is playing. Tapping on the infotainment screen wakes up the display. Not sure if this feature was there in pre-facelift infotainment system.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 13:47   #7509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
There is no screen time out option on the earlier version of XUV. Few things you can try that might help mitigate this could be
  • Minimize screen brightness manually during night drives. I am sure you already thought of this one
  • Alternately you could set your maps to night mode and turn Nav screen on. I find maps night mode fairly dark and less intrusive. Whenever you need you can switch to music screen to change etc.
Old 27th July 2015, 13:49   #7510
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure on W8 but on W6 there is a brightness control that pretty much nearly blanks out the monochrome screen.
Old 27th July 2015, 13:52   #7511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
I saw an option in the new facelift version to put the display to "Auto Display", which used to put the display to go off while music is playing. Tapping on the infotainment screen wakes up the display. Not sure if this feature was there in pre-facelift infotainment system.
Thanks for the response guys, but it is really sad to know that the option is not provided in a 1.7 million rupee car

On the other hand, I am still thinking why Mahindra did not provide auto dimming IRVM at least in the facelift version. Most premium hatchbacks provide these days.

Mahindra if you are listening at least provide it as an accessory, also kindly work on the pre-facelift infotainment system to make it a better one

Quote:
There is no screen time out option on the earlier version of XUV. Few things you can try that might help mitigate this could be
  • Minimize screen brightness manually during night drives. I am sure you already thought of this one
  • Alternately you could set your maps to night mode and turn Nav screen on. I find maps night mode fairly dark and less intrusive. Whenever you need you can switch to music screen to change etc.
I have tried reducing the screen brightness but it does not help either. And yes the navigation thing sounds good as an alternative, let me try this and see how effective it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
I am not sure on W8 but on W6 there is a brightness control that pretty much nearly blanks out the monochrome screen.
There is an option to minimize the brightness in W8, but it is no where close to blanking out the screen. Only option is to switch it off.
Old 28th July 2015, 15:57   #7512
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats MantriG. You certainly got a great deal and in my view the right decision by getting W6 on the older model vs stripped down W4 on latest one. I kind of did the same by stretching and getting W8 on the older model rather than waiting and spending more with no discounts.
Thanks Super Tinu - It certainly helped going in for the older W6, as some features are extremely helpful and completely practical.

Quote:
Congrats Gaurav and happy motoring! I own a Dolphin Grey one too so great choice on the color.
Thanks Adu - Since I was going for an older version, choice of colors was pretty limited. Grey has always been closer to my heart (with previous 3 cars being similar color), had wine red been available that would have been my 1st preference.

Update

Have completed 1500 kms over last two weeks and below are my observations/feedback :-

• Getting avg. of roughly 13kmpl with 50:50 ratio between city & highway. I'm happy with this as wasn't expecting anything more than 12kmpl during the run-in. This will anyways go down as I start crossing 2k rpms post 1st service.
  • Cruise Control is a breeze to use and extremely helpful. Am avoiding extensive use within the run-in period.
  • Low beam is slightly ineffective, however using the fogs does help to some extent. One disappointment though, have to manually switch on fogs every time through the stalk unlike the provision on my earlier Xylo.
  • Steering controls could have been better with some damping, the clicks create some reluctance during use or rather not very confidence inspiring.
  • Good amount of torque provided across all ranges which make this beast a breeze to drive.
  • Suspension is a bit on the stiffer side and every time you negotiate bumps at lower speeds you are reminded about the same.
  • Turning radius is pretty good and a lot better than what was expected.
  • I keep the rear seats slightly reclined to have better visibility through the IRVM and trust me, it is extremely helpful. Anyways, it's me or me & wife at most times so that solves the problem of limited rear visibility to a large extent.

An issue was discovered a few days back, front passenger door starts rattling when glass is rolled down mid-way so cannot drive with partially open window. Shall get it rectified during 1st service (hopefully in August) or might give a casual visit to service center to address the same.
Old 28th July 2015, 16:15   #7513
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
An issue was discovered a few days back, front passenger door starts rattling when glass is rolled down mid-way so cannot drive with partially open window. Shall get it rectified during 1st service (hopefully in August) or might give a casual visit to service center to address the same.
Gaurav, I had a similar issue and it is a simple fix. They open up the door panel and tighten a couple of screws/ nuts inside. took about 30 minutes in total for the whole fix. This solved my rattle problem and there was not need to change the motor, etc. as many other owners have mentioned. Hope it is the same for you.
adu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 20:21   #7514
BHPian

Quote:
Gaurav, I had a similar issue and it is a simple fix. They open up the door panel and tighten a couple of screws/ nuts inside. took about 30 minutes in total for the whole fix. This solved my rattle problem and there was not need to change the motor, etc. as many other owners have mentioned. Hope it is the same for you.
Thanks Adu - Yes, looks like a similar problem to what you have mentioned and the solution should be the same. Will drop by the service center and get it resolved.
Old 28th July 2015, 23:22   #7515
Senior - BHPian

With new Scorpio coming out with 6 speed Auto, looks like real soon we might have auto XUV too. I guess Mahindra will test it on Scorpio before they plant it in XUV.

Good news though. Lets see how this auto box fares.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks