Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2015, 07:45   #7516
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Have been religiously following all the XUV threads for almost 3 years now. Recently test drove the new age XUV 500. Found the ride and handling to be much better. With so many features included, chances of something not working properly also increase. Has any use user of new age XUV faced any niggles? And is there any update on the auto box of XUV?
Old 29th July 2015, 19:54   #7517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Hey Rave20 - I do not know any shops in B'lore for the same. Again, Fabrication or installation in NOT the challenge. Designing the setup is the challenge. Floor clamps would have to be removed and rails welded. Rails should be able to support the "jerking-load" under stress of three adults+. We need a simulator to check, if the seat is slided all the way forward and the back-rest is tilted to the front, there is sufficient space for a 5'10'' tall person to tuck himself back in the rear most seat, without getting hurt by those rails. Also - the seat height might go up a few inches, thereby sacrificing head-room. It would inconvenience any six footers whom you might ferry in future (family / office colleagues / friends etc)

Majorly - would mahindra honor any warranty with this modification done?
Since your family members are not that tall, suggest move the middle seat 2 inches forward. It is easy to do that. Forget the rails. That way you will get space in the last row. My wife allow me to touch the middle row or else I would have done it long back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhendry View Post
Was checking out the a new XUV W10 at the local dealership yesterday and found my left foot (sports shoe) getting 'stuck' between the clutch and the siding when removing it from the dead pedal! It felt uncomfortable to not have the foot come back smoothly onto the clutch pedal. Just checking if this could be possible misalignment of the clutch or it is just so in the XUV.
I have the same issue when you use shoes especially size 10. The space between the dead pedal and clutch
balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 08:54   #7518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Panch View Post
With so many features included, chances of something not working properly also increase. Has any use user of new age XUV faced any niggles?
Sam, you can go through these threads - towards the latest pages you would see some discussions around few niggles or perceived niggles.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

For your understanding, do read through 4 recent ownership threads on XUV5OO including mine.

While there is no news on Auto Box (petrol version is on it's way), all of these niggles are mostly related to infotainment and it's operation. The engine, handling, braking, power, body, steering etc. does not have any niggles yet. So it can be safe to assume that the niggles are not show stopper yet. The M&M SAs are generally logical and responsive. Ideally there should not be a problem but even if you have one, you can be taken care of right away before anything untoward happens.

Again, it's your personal call - if you feel those niggles and issues are not worth putting your money on this car, you shouldn't.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 22:49   #7519

Folks
My xuv is 2 years old and i have done 40k on it. I have been asked by the service center people to go in for the 4th & 5th year extended warranty, which is approximately 25K. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks !
Old 31st July 2015, 08:35   #7520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWizard View Post
I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

My suggestion would be to go for it.

Check out Zappo's experience here.
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:28   #7521
BHPian

Just got the keys of my Pearl White XUV W8 FWD last week.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20150724_112039.jpg

I am probably going to be the last new owner on this thread as I went for the April 2015 variant instead of the New Age one (a good discount on your favourite car, not so crazy about the new look and not ready to go through the niggles of a re-engineered variant did it for me.)
The first change has been to replace the OE tyres with Pirelli Scorpion ATR (Same size).

I would like to thank all the owners of XUV who have shared their experience here and helped me with the decision and prepared me to handle the issues in advance.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2015 at 17:19. Reason: Correcting image and reuploading it.
gharika is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 18:13   #7522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWizard View Post
Folks
My xuv is 2 years old and i have done 40k on it. I have been asked by the service center people to go in for the 4th & 5th year extended warranty, which is approximately 25K. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks !
Get it blindly without a doubt for peace of mind. I bought it along with my car in March end for 21K. Prices seem to have gone higher now. Given the protectiveness from Mahindra, they honor warranty claims much more easily than likes of Volkswagen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Congrats Gharika. You surely would have got a deal . Do share your experiences about the new tyres.
Old 6th August 2015, 07:30   #7523
BHPian

Thanks Supertinu, I have nothing to compare the tyres against, on their own, the tyre noise is not noticeable and I have not had a chance to brake hard. Turning is sharp, not sure if it's the tyres or the xuv.
I have a query for the owners, where is the chassis number stamping located? I can see the plate on the B pillar root but not the stamping itself on the chassis.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:20   #7524

Mileage And Top Speed Before First Service

Hi
I have done about 2500 kms with my new xuv500 W8 pearl white.
I made a trip to goa last week. The average speed was about 120KMS. But I got mileage of only 12 KMS/litre
Secondly on my way back when I complete 2000K I tried to rev up the engine to check what is the maximum speed i can touch. To my disappointment I saw the car struggling to accelerate due to lack of power above 120 KM/hr.
Is there any speed lock set before the first service or should i take up this issue with Mahindra.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:50   #7525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
=======
I would like to thank all the owners of XUV who have shared their experience here and helped me with the decision and prepared me to handle the issues in advance.
Congratulations on your new cheetah gharika. Do update on the performance of your new shoes and how they handle. Looking forward to seeing an ownership thread from you soon.

To the experts I plan to buy an XUV soon but waiting for the A/T. I was planning to pick up the W10 and thought it made more sense to wait for the A/T with rumors of it coming out during the festive season. Do you anticipate any problems with the vehicle after going automatic and will the gearbox be more like the Scorpio, the Ssangyong or completely different.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:53   #7526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mileage And Top Speed Before First Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbhide View Post
Hi
I have done about 2500 kms with my new xuv500 W8 pearl white.
I made a trip to goa last week. The average speed was about 120KMS. But I got mileage of only 12 KMS/litre
Secondly on my way back when I complete 2000K I tried to rev up the engine to check what is the maximum speed i can touch. To my disappointment I saw the car struggling to accelerate due to lack of power above 120 KM/hr.
Is there any speed lock set before the first service or should i take up this issue with Mahindra.
Firstly, if your Average speed was that high, then you were driving much faster and hence can expect the mileage to fall. Secondly this is a fairly big and heavy vehicle with a big engine, what figures were you expecting (just for comparison in case they are unrealistic)?

As for acceleration, it should accelerate beyond that speed fairly well so you should check with the Service Centre. However, it is NOT recommended on public roads and highways as it is illegal and also extremely dangerous to you as well as others using these roads.
Old 9th August 2015, 04:33   #7527
BHPian

Hello guys, my XUV has done 41250 Kms on the odometer. I'm planning to take it to global Galaries thane for its 40k service. Any inputs regarding getting any additional checks done besides the standard maintenance would be much appreciated. Also please feel free to share your opinion about the quality of global Galarie compared to others in Mumbai would also be welcome.
Old 9th August 2015, 21:30   #7528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Congratulations on your new cheetah gharika. Do update on the performance of your new shoes and how they handle. Looking forward to seeing an ownership thread from you soon.

To the experts I plan to buy an XUV soon but waiting for the A/T. I was planning to pick up the W10 and thought it made more sense to wait for the A/T with rumors of it coming out during the festive season. Do you anticipate any problems with the vehicle after going automatic and will the gearbox be more like the Scorpio, the Ssangyong or completely different.
Thanks Vinit.
One of the reasons that I went for the old variant instead of the new age model was that I didn't want to be the manufacturer Guinea Pig. Most cars have some niggles in the initial batches and these get sorted out as these are discovered over time by the new owners. No amount of testing by the manufacturer can be equated to 20,000 testing it on road over a year
So my personal opinion is not to jump for the first batch of the Automatic tranny. Good luck.
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 01:05   #7529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks for the response guys, but it is really sad to know that the option is not provided in a 1.7 million rupee car

On the other hand, I am still thinking why Mahindra did not provide auto dimming IRVM at least in the facelift version. Most premium hatchbacks provide these days.
Completely off topic but I have an auto dipping IRVM. I use the dip switch and the housing falls off and then I have to dip down to search for the pieces of the housing
Old 10th August 2015, 10:18   #7530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Completely off topic but I have an auto dipping IRVM. I use the dip switch and the housing falls off and then I have to dip down to search for the pieces of the housing
What is off topic? Sorry djpeesh I think I am missing something here, I am little confused as to what you are trying to say in the above post. Do you mean to say you have an auto IRVM? If yes, can you please post some pictures of it and how is it holding up? What is the cost?

Most Viewed