Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 07:52   #7576
Distinguished - BHPian

Vinit, parking in a tight spot with nose facing the spot is difficult. Also taking car out in apartment parking where the pillars are super close to turning points would be a difficulty too. And then in b2b traffic, a biker when tries to squeeze between your car and next, you get an idea of how close call that is and either push him or pull out.

These are few examples why the proximity sensors in front may be of help too.
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 09:39   #7577
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

Did you get your car repaired? If yes can you share some details around it.
Ohh, that's sad but thankfully it's a minor scratch and IMO it should be rectified through a minor touch up work. The Mahindra body shop should able to rectify that. In case their quotation is high or quote for replacement, then check with a local body shop.

I still not repaired my car and planning to visit a local workshop this Saturday. Will keep you posted once I get it done.
Old 27th August 2015, 12:19   #7578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyth78 View Post
Ohh, that's sad but thankfully it's a minor scratch and IMO it should be rectified through a minor touch up work. The Mahindra body shop should able to rectify that. In case their quotation is high or quote for replacement, then check with a local body shop.

I still not repaired my car and planning to visit a local workshop this Saturday. Will keep you posted once I get it done.
Left my car for service today and when I enquired on the estimate for the repair, it would come around 5K is what the SA said.

The work and approx cost involved would be:
1. Bumper rework with painting(half bumper) - 3K
2. Fog lamp replacement (if I opt for) - 1.5K
3. Side black strip replacement - 100 Rs

So overall would be around 5K I think is reasonable.

But still I will check with a local body shop(Thanks abirnale & Ravi sir for the contacts at Sai colorium) and then take a decision. And I might only get the black cladding strip from Mahindra for 100rs, fog lamp I might not change since it is only the scratches which can hold on for now.

Last edited by fusionbang : 27th August 2015 at 12:26.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:23   #7579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Vinit, parking in a tight spot with nose facing the spot is difficult. Also taking car out in apartment parking where the pillars are super close to turning points would be a difficulty too. And then in b2b traffic, a biker when tries to squeeze between your car and next, you get an idea of how close call that is and either push him or pull out.

These are few examples why the proximity sensors in front may be of help too.
Ok found it avinash the one deleted was the dashcam one. My bad! Thanks for the info. What I would like to know is how would you ' Push him or Pull out'. what exactly did u mean by that
Old 27th August 2015, 19:03   #7580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
What I would like to know is how would you ' Push him or Pull out'. what exactly did u mean by that
Being biker myself, I know inherently if one can easily make through the gap. So if i find its going to be tight, I push-in so much that biker does not get in between my car and one ahead. Some times with a little space behind if you pull out the car (reverse) you can let the biker get out through the gap but of course keep watching with keen eye
Old 27th August 2015, 22:09   #7581
BHPian

Quote:
My car had it's first minor injury today while taking it out from my parking, it was all my mistake I judged the space wrong, while I was concentrating more on the rear could not notice a small wall and the front left side brushed the wall, here is what happened to my car

Attachment 1407544

Attachment 1407545

Need help on getting this rectified,

1. Should I approach showroom or a local body shop for the same?
2. The plastic cladding has some deep scratches, how do I get it repaired?
3. Scratches on fog lamp housing, can it be removed? or should I change the fog lamp housing? If yes, how much would it cost?

I had a similar accident soon after I purchased mine. I did the paint job using the kit from com-paint.com. color that you get there is a perfect match and the output was pretty decent. Kit costed 750rs.
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 22:41   #7582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
For now here you go:
Where did you buy these front sensors? I checked with Anant cars today and they said it is not in stock and the accessories guy was not sure on the audi buzzer available for the same. Which showroom has these in stock?
Old 27th August 2015, 22:54   #7583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Being biker myself, I know inherently if one can easily make through the gap. So if i find its going to be tight, I push-in so much that biker does not get in between my car and one ahead. Some times with a little space behind if you pull out the car (reverse) you can let the biker get out through the gap but of course keep watching with keen eye

ok that makes sense at such times the front sensor will be extremely helpful. Is it always on or in particular gears including the neutral gear too.
Old 28th August 2015, 00:02   #7584
BHPian

Re: Mileage And Top Speed Before First Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Firstly, if your Average speed was that high, then you were driving much faster and hence can expect the mileage to fall. Secondly this is a fairly big and heavy vehicle with a big engine, what figures were you expecting (just for comparison in case they are unrealistic)?

As for acceleration, it should accelerate beyond that speed fairly well so you should check with the Service Centre. However, it is NOT recommended on public roads and highways as it is illegal and also extremely dangerous to you as well as others using these roads.
I think there is overspeed buzzer at 150 kmph. Not a recommended speed at all even if XUV does it fairly squarely.
Old 28th August 2015, 06:56   #7585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
I had a similar accident soon after I purchased mine. I did the paint job using the kit from com-paint.com. color that you get there is a perfect match and the output was pretty decent. Kit costed 750rs.
You need to be careful with com-paint on how much you spray. It doesn't match for all colors. I tried it on my Ford Ikon Paprika Red and I can clearly see the color difference.

Quote:
Where did you buy these front sensors? I checked with Anant cars today and they said it is not in stock and the accessories guy was not sure on the audi buzzer available for the same. Which showroom has these in stock?
I got them from Sireesh Auto. Fitted them during the PDI. Accessories guy there is quite helpful, Buzzer is part of the kit. Looks like Anant cars never installed one or not interested. Installer guy told me that buzzer volume could be reduced in the system if I find it too loud. However I keep it switched off all the time as visual cues are sufficient in my case.

Last edited by vaspro : 28th August 2015 at 06:59. Reason: Typo
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:10   #7586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car had it's first minor injury today while taking it out from my parking, it was all my mistake I judged the space wrong, while I was concentrating more on the rear could not notice a small wall and the front left side brushed the wall, here is what happened to my car
Ohh too bad. This really sucks. I think its a good idea to check outside as well. I have a good trusted neighborhood garage who does body work as well. Let me know if you are still interested, i can give you details.
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:38   #7587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
I got them from Sireesh Auto. Fitted them during the PDI. Accessories guy there is quite helpful, Buzzer is part of the kit. Looks like Anant cars never installed one or not interested. Installer guy told me that buzzer volume could be reduced in the system if I find it too loud. However I keep it switched off all the time as visual cues are sufficient in my case.
Thanks Vaspro, till date I am waiting for an update from the accessory guy and no signs of him. Will check with Sireesh auto if I get a chance to travel to that part of the city sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Ohh too bad. This really sucks. I think its a good idea to check outside as well. I have a good trusted neighborhood garage who does body work as well. Let me know if you are still interested, i can give you details.
Thanks for the help buddy I have got this repaired at half of the cost from at Sai Colorium, Bangalore and from what showroom guys mentioned and my car looks all new. I have posted an update in my ownership thread.

Bumper Repair
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 16:24   #7588
BHPian

The FE in MID has max limit of 18 kmpl. On highways the display stays at 18 for more than 50% of the time. Can I infer that my XUV gives more than 18 kmpl or Mahindra thinks that it cannot give more than 18 kmpl.
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:51   #7589
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Can I infer that my XUV gives more than 18 kmpl or Mahindra thinks that it cannot give more than 18 kmpl.
After my last Bangalore-Chennai trip, my XUV 500 drank 22.989 litres of diesel for 353.2 km as per odometer, 356 km vide Digi HUD and 357 km of the navigator, resulting in the fuel efficiency of 15.36, 15.49 and 15.53 kmpl respectively as against 18.0 kmpl calculated by the infotainment.

The details are here.

Earlier to that, it consumed 21.74 litres of diesel for a distance of 360 km [as per navigator], recording a fuel efficiency of 16.56 kmpl on tankful-to-tankful basis, although the infotainment panel showed a constant figure of 18.0 kmpl from Krishnagiri onwards.

The details are here.

In nutshell, the speed, the distance and the fuel efficiency figures of the odometer/infotainment are not very accurate.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 3rd September 2015 at 19:53.
  (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 16:02   #7590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
I had a similar fender bender like yours , I showed it to my SA and he got one of the workers to put in a jugad using binding wire and making holes on the inside to bring them closer, so far it has worked and you cant see the wire, depends on how neatly the person works on it.
Falconion, Many thanks for your advise.

Last weekend visited a local workshop (Augustine Car Care, Baner Pashan Link Road, Pune). The workshop guy repaired the internal broken lock using a simple wire. It took only 15 minutes for the mechanic to repair the damage and he charged me only Rs. 100/-.

Whereas, Mahindra body shop quoted Rs. 23K and 3 - 4 days time to replace the front bumper and right side fender for the same damage.

Some pictures.

Repair work:
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20150905_122458.jpg

Repaired Fender and Bumper:
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20150905_122928.jpg

Before & After:
Name:  BeforeAfter_Repair.png
Views: 4436
Size:  527.1 KB

Overall completely satisfied with the clean work done.
amyth78 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks