Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2016, 22:02   #7711
BHPian

Hello tbhpians!
What is the latest version of the infotainment system of the first generation XUV?
Old 29th September 2016, 16:06   #7712
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I would like to share in this thread my little experience of buying a used XUV500 2013 October W8 with respect to Mahindra and its dealer in Chennai.

Negotiated a price with the individual seller
The vehicle was regularly serviced at India Garage, Guindy
Since Zulaika, Keelkattalai was near to the seller home, we both agreed that before I pay the advance amount, let us get a check done.
Took it to Zulaika - explained that we are the seller/buyer and we want the dealer to check the vehicle
No questions - The RM assigned the floor manager to do a thorough road test and put it on a ramp
Went for a good road test and the Service Technicians checked every thing one by one and making comments on how they were - example, brakes are good, clutch is fine sir etc.,
He asked us to tighten the seat belt, hold the seats and zipped it to good speeds and slammed the brake - Wow, the car with couple of kat/kat sound stopped straight - ABS, first time experience - Certified good as well
He put the car on the ramp, checked everything and mentioned that the brake pads need a change
They checked all other accessories including wipers and said it is fine.

Then they showed me the service history explaining all that which has happened in the past 2 1/2 years - All good and the vehicle was still under warranty.

Said thanks and departed. Fantastic experience - No appointments, nothing - clean customer service

Next day, paid money and took delivery from the seller - straight away I took it to Zulaika to fix the Rear View mirror light, Left rear mud flap and one fender beeding - The vehicle was taken inside straight away with an assurance of 30 minutes delivery and they did it. Fantastic

Next experience - Wrote to Customer Service M&M and asked them about transferring my name in their records with respect to this vehicle. Their customer service head replied saying either their manager or the dealer will contact. Next day, both called, explained the procedure. Great service.

I am extremely happy with M&M and Zulaika so far. Earlier I owned a Thar and my experience again with India Garage and MPL service was great as well.

A happy customer.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 17:36   #7713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
A happy customer.

Swami
Congratulations Swami on your acquisition and welcome to XUV club Nice to see the transformation from Thar to XUV, I had gone through your Thar thread and appreciate your love towards the Thar. You still have the Thar or sold it?

Once again, Wish you a lot of smiling miles ahead with the cheetah
Old 27th October 2016, 15:34   #7714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Note : All owners of W8 & W8AWD manufactured on or before July 2014, there is a software update for Side Airbags. It is a recall, Software Update only, no parts changed.

Link : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/46277322.cms
I recently bought a used XUV W8 October 2013 manufactured which will fall in the above category. Also, I checked their website and punched in my serial number and it mentioned the same for this software update. But, I am not getting any warnings or airbag malfunction light. I can wait for the next service to do this, right ? or should I rush. Please advise.

Swami
Old 27th October 2016, 18:42   #7715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
I recently bought a used XUV W8 October 2013 manufactured which will fall in the above category. Also, I checked their website and punched in my serial number and it mentioned the same for this software update. But, I am not getting any warnings or airbag malfunction light. I can wait for the next service to do this, right ? or should I rush. Please advise.

Swami
Above service call was on Feb 2015. And I believe your vehicle must have visited their service center at least once in these last 18 months. So there is every chance of the software getting updated. BTW no on-board warning is displayed as this update is for improvement of their software not necessarily malfunction.
Old 27th October 2016, 22:23   #7716
BHPian

I am taking delivery of my w10 auto tomorrow. I was trying to install blues sense app from Apple App Store and noticed there are two. One is Mahendra and other is M&M blusesense. Which one should I be using?
Old 2nd November 2016, 16:25   #7717

I brought XUV 500 on Oct 6th 2016, it is about a month now. I am enjoying the driving pleasure. Earlier I had SX4 2011 and Innova 2006 model which I sold to buy this XUV.

I am really missing luggage space in this vehicle. Either I have to fold one or two of the back seats to accommodate luggage or should carry just backpacks ( which is not possible in family trips. )

Have any one tried doing any modification in seats to accommodate luggage + 7 seats. I guess we have plenty of space in second row which may not be needed. Can we pull the second row seats little front and make space for luggage ? Any thoughts ?
Old 2nd November 2016, 16:55   #7718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranms View Post
Have any one tried doing any modification in seats to accommodate luggage + 7 seats. I guess we have plenty of space in second row which may not be needed. Can we pull the second row seats little front and make space for luggage ? Any thoughts ?
The best way to do this would be to install a luggage carrier on the roof. The middle row does not slide forward (a sore point for my wife). You would have to get this mod done on your own, and if you do, all the best in getting other niggles/ rattling addressed by Mahindra.

Since you have to store luggage, even if you get the mod done for the middle row, you would have to implement this for the 3rd row as well. This will ensure that both the rows can be slid forward.

There is an Innova (supposed to be better than XUV500 in terms of luggage space) in our apartment, which goes on outstation family trips with all the three rows occupied. Even they use a luggage carrier. The point that I am trying to make- a luggage carrier would be more practical for an outstation trip with 7 members.
ajayclicks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 19:11   #7719

Hello all. Need your advice. Gave my XUV for 3rd servicing for 20k kms. I was told be the SA that front brake pads have completely worn out and they're quoting 5k for the same. Do brake pads wear off at the 20k stage? And is the cost reasonable?

PS: Concerned dealer is Infinity Autolinks, Mumbai. My trust levels are low with them but no other practical option.
Old 20th November 2016, 19:52   #7720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiyer20 View Post
Hello all. Need your advice. Gave my XUV for 3rd servicing for 20k kms. I was told be the SA that front brake pads have completely worn out and they're quoting 5k for the same. Do brake pads wear off at the 20k stage? And is the cost reasonable?

PS: Concerned dealer is Infinity Autolinks, Mumbai. My trust levels are low with them but no other practical option.
Brake pads should not wear out at such low mileage of 20K kms, unless your usage is very rough or you drive only in stop-go traffic. Ask your SA what is the width of the brake lining material left on the pads. If it is less than 6 mm, then you might need to go for replacement.
Old 20th November 2016, 22:56   #7721
BHPian

Quote:

Cost is reasonable. But you dont have to change the brake pads at the moment. XUV will tell you when you need to replace them by giving a warning on the infotainment system. Till then you dont have to listen to the SA.
Old 21st November 2016, 09:04   #7722
BHPian

Quote:

Dont trust the service centre guys on brake pads. Use your own feelings and the brake pad sensor to go for a change. During my 50k service, I was told to replace my front brake pads though I never felt any issue with the braking and neither did the sensor give any indication. So decided to give it a shot and see how long it will run before the indication pops up. The service advisor said it will not last more than 500-700kms.. I have done 6000kms post that. I can now feel some undulations and squeaking noises when I brake. Maybe will have to get it replaced in another 1000kms. So never go totally by their words. You just need to take care that the brake pads are not too worn out and damages the discs. Why dont you post the pics of your brake pads here, so that you will get a correct analysis on it.

FundaG
Old 22nd December 2016, 16:27   #7723
BHPian

My XUV is gone for 3rd (20K ODO) service today and even I am told I should get my front brake-pad replaced. No warnings whatsoever till now and I haven't faced any change in performance. Mine is Dec 2014 model, though; Luckily I read this thread today morning and told him I will wait for the warning but I am driving to Cochin tomorrow and confused.

When asked about the width remaining, he initially said 2 mm but I didn't believe that. Then he said he will go near the vehicle, will check and will call back.

This is Sireesh Bangalore.

Last edited by vjjustin : 22nd December 2016 at 16:31.
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:35   #7724
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
When asked about the width remaining, he initially said 2 mm but I didn't believe that.
If it was 2mm, then IMO the warning on the infotainment screen would have appeared.

What I suggest you is to personally check the thickness of the pads so your clear of how long it will go ahead before needing replacement. Don't blindly follow what the SA is telling you.
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:28   #7725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
My XUV is gone for 3rd (20K ODO) service today and even I am told I should get my front brake-pad replaced. No warnings whatsoever till now and I haven't faced any change in performance. Mine is Dec 2014 model, though; Luckily I read this thread today morning and told him I will wait for the warning but I am driving to Cochin tomorrow and confused.

When asked about the width remaining, he initially said 2 mm but I didn't believe that. Then he said he will go near the vehicle, will check and will call back.

This is Sireesh Bangalore.
Looks like this is becoming a habit for Sireesh Auto Service Advisors to push customers to change brake pads during 20k service.

I was told the same and asked him to get me the width left. He later called me and said brake pads are fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks