Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 22:37   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guys, just found another tweet about XUV.
Guess this car was bought from Silver Jubilee motors, Pune. Please do inspect your XUVs thoroughly before buying. Don't get excited & overlook PDI.
to hear this.

If a message is sent to Anand, does that mean, the Customer Care and even the so called Purple club managers were not helpful ? Mahindra claims to have free purple club membership and a personal relationship manager attached to every XUV5oo. It will be interesting to know the happenings. Is this manager just an ordinary executive person without any decision making power or does he have any decision making power.

Please do update anand's response to this. I do not have Facebook and Twitter accounts
Old 9th November 2011, 23:20   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
At a time when he should have been asking Mr. Anand Mahindra for a fatter paycheck plus doubling of his company stock options, Rajesh Jejurikar, CEO, Automotive division, M and M, decides to call it quits instead!!

Maybe Tatas have poached him!

Business Line : Companies News : Rajesh Jejurikar quits M&M
These positions money does not matter much, pride and prestige matters. Whom should we attribute the success of XUV, Rajesh Jejurikar, Powen Goenka or Anand Mahindra himself.
Old 10th November 2011, 09:13   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
These positions money does not matter much, pride and prestige matters. Whom should we attribute the success of XUV, Rajesh Jejurikar, Powen Goenka or Anand Mahindra himself.

Yes Sir, I agree with you totally. With the mad success of XUV, I am very sure that there would have been many guys who would have put their hands up and said- ' we made it possible'. In such a scenario, a gentleman who as an individual may have worked hard on the project may feel slighted and belittled. Maybe that explains it.

Anyhow, I had seen a good interview of Rajesh Jejurikar on ETNOW about a month back- just giving the link once more for people to see what he thought about the XUV500.

Old 10th November 2011, 13:32   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Falcon,

There seems to be some problem with the link- its throwing a weird message that ' you do not have permission to access this page'. Can someone else comment on this? What could be the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Probably it is not moved from assembly line
Sorry guys my initial ownership thread was in assembly line.
Now it is moved to public forum.please check the link below.
thanks.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html
Old 10th November 2011, 20:25   #845
BHPian

Quote:
At a time when he should have been asking Mr. Anand Mahindra for a fatter paycheck plus doubling of his company stock options, Rajesh Jejurikar, CEO, Automotive division, M and M, decides to call it quits instead!!

Business Line : Companies News : Rajesh Jejurikar quits M&M
Business Line : Companies News : Rajesh Jejurikar to join Zee as President

Thank you Mr Jejurikar for your 'Rise' contribution to the Indian auto industry.
Old 10th November 2011, 20:27   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a speculation the guy has moved to Zee TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If a message is sent to Anand, does that mean, the Customer Care and even the so called Purple club managers were not helpful ?

Is this manager just an ordinary executive person without any decision making power or does he have any decision making power.
Too early to judge on whether the hierarchies were skipped & a tweet was sent straight to Mr. Mahindra. I would see the RM as just a point of contact for your problems. It would be wishful to think he has BIG decision making capabilities. May be something on the service aspects, yes! Owners could throw more light on this.

Quote:
Please do update anand's response to this. I do not have Facebook and Twitter accounts
Mr. Mahindra has already directed a guy to look into this. Will update if I happened to get more info.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 20:34   #847
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I got a call from M&M relationship team, for a test drive of the XUV5OO. They mentioned that bookings would be opened again very shortly. I presume that it may be a month or less. Hope this info helps people who are waiting to buy the 5oo.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 10th November 2011 at 20:37. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 10th November 2011, 22:01   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I got a call from M&M relationship team, for a test drive of the XUV5OO. They mentioned that bookings would be opened again very shortly. I presume that it may be a month or less. Hope this info helps people who are waiting to buy the 5oo.
What a coincidence. Today Mahindra guys called me also, to ask about my test drive enquiry on their website (my earlier test drive was not official & was too short). I could not take the car above 80 kmph, also I could not check things like GPS, hill hold, ICE, etc.

So, I am going on Wednesday. My brother also wants to see the car & he will be free only next week. But my brother enquired about booking & they said bookings have not re-opened & they have no idea when it will.
Old 11th November 2011, 04:32   #849
BHPian

there is no source or channel button on the steering for controlling audio? is it possible to change the FM channel or a track or folder also from your steering mounted audio controls? or is it just the volume? can someone please confirm this please..
Old 11th November 2011, 08:30   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
there is no source or channel button on the steering for controlling audio? is it possible to change the FM channel or a track or folder also from your steering mounted audio controls? or is it just the volume? can someone please confirm this please..
Dont know about any button dedicated for this on the steering. You can do the same using the voice command. The switch for voice command is on the steering.
Old 11th November 2011, 08:53   #851
BHPian

Can anyone confirm Whether the HU of xuv can play divx video files from the usb
Old 11th November 2011, 09:54   #852
BHPian

Hi guys,
On my way to home (Gurgaon) from office (Delhi) saw a dark gray colored XUV. There's nothing out of this world to report but it looked absolutely fab on the road and was so glad to see vehicles making way for the XUV on their own. perhaps the owner had got the chrome add ons done everywhere and because of which it was looking all the more dashing. I tried rallying behind the car but it was moving so effortlessly in the moving traffic that despite of my best efforts, my Ikon stayed behind and couldnt overtake it.

Today morning, on my way to work, spotted another XUV- same color- in Gurgaon. Met up with it on the red light and urged the owner to roll down the window. congratulated him and asked him how the vehicle was doing. He was all smiles and said he used to drive a fortuner since 2009 and thats been parked in his garage while this one behaves more like a petrol than a diesel vehicle, plus its more planted than fortuner. Wouldnt like to open a debate here but for people like me, who cannot afford a Fortuner, its a great feeling to be associated with the Underdog! I was extremely happy first thing in the morning, and thought of spreading the happiness on the forum.
Infiniti.Rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 12:18   #853
BHPian

Have posted my long drive report in the ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2574563
Old 11th November 2011, 15:54   #854
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
There is a 'source' button in the steering on the left hand side (please refer to the steering closeup on page 1). Might be the volume control buttons double up for channel up-down. You would get an accurate answer on one of the ownership threads.
Old 11th November 2011, 16:33   #855
BHPian

Source :- FB

This is what i was talking about sometime ago, white color.. looks completely different in sun light..
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-334022_10150459258926807_614771806_10490042_270530776_o.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks