Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 10:18   #916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
"sun roof" - is there a practical use, except a bit of good looking feature ?
I told him the exact same thing - i told him a usable third row is more important than a sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Another in demand feature is Auto transmission - words of SA here in Bangalore and the feedback i gave him.
Good to know that. An XUV with A/T for 15 lakhs on road (2WD) would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
If the price is kept the same the existing customers may feel cheated, but if the price goes up with the refresh, then the owners feel happy that they saved some money, also get the satisfaction of being one of the firsts to own it.
But refresh in 3 months indicates that not enough validation was done before the launch.
That could be the reason they stopped booking after a very short time.
Price is definitely going to go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I have a question. If all XUV owners are assigned personnel RM, does that mean that you will have to stick to the same dealer from whom you bought the car and cannot go for servicing to other dealers?
Reason for asking is that i am having a real bad experince with my current dealer . So if i am assigned a RM from them, then would i be stuck with them forever
I dont think so. I think the RM is Mahindra's employee & not the dealership's.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:18   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
If the price is kept the same the existing customers may feel cheated, but if the price goes up with the refresh, then the owners feel happy that they saved some money, also get the satisfaction of being one of the firsts to own it.
But refresh in 3 months indicates that not enough validation was done before the launch.
That could be the reason they stopped booking after a very short time.
With the Scorpio the price actually came down with the refreshed model (Mighty Muscular)
Old 17th November 2011, 22:12   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Is there any connection between the alloys and tyretronics?
Ie: Would tyretronics still work if alloys are swapped with
1) optional xuv wheel (sporty speed alloy)
2) aftermarket alloy
Yes there are RFID sensors that need to be swapped along else TPMS wont work or will show an error

Replacement of these sensors have to be done carefully.
Old 17th November 2011, 22:15   #919
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question. If all XUV owners are assigned personnel RM, does that mean that you will have to stick to the same dealer from whom you bought the car and cannot go for servicing to other dealers?
Reason for asking is that i am having a real bad experince with my current dealer . So if i am assigned a RM from them, then would i be stuck with them forever
No, You can choose any dealership you like to get your car serviced and RM of the new dealership will handle you, Once you are frequent with the new dealership your RM can be re-assigned. You can also ask the current RM to get you introduced to any RM in any dealership as all RM's are already in sync with each other

Last edited by noidaboy : 17th November 2011 at 22:17.
Old 18th November 2011, 08:43   #920
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody faced an issue with Reverse Sensors not working in W6/W8? Does anything need to be done to get it working?

My friend's W6 XUV's Reverse Sensors are not working since day 1. It is going to be checked with the dealer workshop as soon as we get time. In most probability this could be a reverse gear connectivity issue/loose cable etc with the Reserve Sensors system. But it will be good to know if anybody knows any tweaks about getting it working immediately.
Old 18th November 2011, 10:19   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Yes there are RFID sensors that need to be swapped along else TPMS wont work or will show an error

Replacement of these sensors have to be done carefully.
I checked @ Kocept Automobiles NOIDA and both their Sales Guy and the people at the accessories desk were willing to give in writing that Tyretronics wouldnt work if the stock alloys of W8 are changed.

Plus, there is no adjustment or money back against trading in your stock alloys so that money goes waste in a blink.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:46   #922
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A friend of Rehaan's went to the Mahindra showroom on Marine drive for a XUV test-drive. They told him the wait-list for the test-drive was 3,000 people
Old 18th November 2011, 11:46   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
I checked @ Kocept Automobiles NOIDA and both their Sales Guy and the people at the accessories desk were willing to give in writing that Tyretronics wouldnt work if the stock alloys of W8 are changed.

Plus, there is no adjustment or money back against trading in your stock alloys so that money goes waste in a blink.
I guess the TPMS system has been caried over from the Scorpio, and if the tyres are changed it does not work.
Old 18th November 2011, 11:51   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A friend of Rehaan's went to the Mahindra showroom on Marine drive for a XUV test-drive. They told him the wait-list for the test-drive was 3,000 people

Ask him to visit Global Gallarie in Thane. They had 4 TD cars out of which one was in repairs (accidental), 2 were idle & I was driving one.

Last edited by GTO : 18th November 2011 at 12:12. Reason: If you use inappropriate language once more, you will be infracted. KEEP IT CLEAN
Old 18th November 2011, 12:01   #925
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

I dont think so. I think the RM is Mahindra's employee & not the dealership's.
I spoke to my RM to confirm. They are from Mahindra. Each RM has been told to handle 50 customers. They will be based out of the dealer service stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Has anybody faced an issue with Reverse Sensors not working in W6/W8? Does anything need to be done to get it working?

My friend's W6 XUV's Reverse Sensors are not working since day 1. It is going to be checked with the dealer workshop as soon as we get time. In most probability this could be a reverse gear connectivity issue/loose cable etc with the Reserve Sensors system. But it will be good to know if anybody knows any tweaks about getting it working immediately.
Working fine in my Mamba. No issues spotted. Ask him to contact the RM asap.
Old 18th November 2011, 12:32   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is hilarious. In Delhi/ NOIDA, I see many cars on the roads which are essentially TD ones, I wonder how could the queue get to 3000 people for a TD, guess the salesman just plain didnt like Rehaan's friend's looks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I saw a XUV with camera fitted in Chennai. It exactly not center as there is a bump design in the rear bumper. please note the RED Dot where the camera is fitted.

Attachment 842906

I would be needing the reverse camera so desperately for the XUV, with the headrest on for middle row, the visibility is near nil. I am new at driving SUV/MUV and wouldnt risk safe reverse parking at any cost. So strange that mahindra doesnt have an OEM product for the XUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Saw the following posted on the XUV Facebook page by someone who had been to the service center to replace fog lamps and LED's

[/b]
Whats transmission oil? Sorry if I'm the only one to whom it sounds greek.
Old 18th November 2011, 14:12   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post

I would be needing the reverse camera so desperately for the XUV, with the headrest on for middle row, the visibility is near nil. I am new at driving SUV/MUV and wouldnt risk safe reverse parking at any cost. So strange that mahindra doesnt have an OEM product for the XUV.

I removed the head rest of the mid seat of the mid row. Visibility is much better. Sensors are really good. And for me, I was always a mirror dependent guy for my reverse, even in my indigo. I look at the sensors only when they beep. They are effective, and i dont miss a camera .
Old 18th November 2011, 18:29   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
I spoke to my RM to confirm. They are from Mahindra. Each RM has been told to handle 50 customers. They will be based out of the dealer service stations.
So does that mean the RM which is assigned to me, will remain same if i go to another dealer for servicing? Or he would have to assign someone else from other dealer as told by Noidaboy.
I dont want to be stuck with Koncept auto from whom i am taking my car, they are pathetic to say the least. I would want to go to some other dealer for everything starting from day one, hence the question. Mannubhai, could you please confirm this from your RM please?

Last edited by nitinralli : 18th November 2011 at 18:30.
Old 18th November 2011, 21:11   #929
BHPian

Quote:
So does that mean the RM which is assigned to me, will remain same if i go to another dealer for servicing? Or he would have to assign someone else from other dealer as told by Noidaboy.
I dont want to be stuck with Koncept auto from whom i am taking my car, they are pathetic to say the least. I would want to go to some other dealer for everything starting from day one, hence the question. Mannubhai, could you please confirm this from your RM please?
No one will refuse to provide you service, Take my word if you dont like the service station you can change it.
Old 18th November 2011, 21:14   #930

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Software upgrades for the Infotainment System for W8 model have been released. You need to visit the workshop to get these updated.
How does one reach this screen to check the current versions?

Most Viewed