Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 23:56   #1036
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
Hi Guys

Please check for Jarring noise from speakers in your XUV's
The jarring noise still exist in my car even after HU software update, also checked other XUV's at the workshop even they had the same problem.
M&M still does not have a solution for it .
Guys please check for this jarring noise in your cars especially rear door speakers and report it to the Relationship Manager.

(Use BLUE-One Love song)sorry i don't know how to upload mp3 here.

Thanks
Play a DVD / CD / USB, It works fine on Radio apart from that, Incase there is an issue you can get the software updated or unit replaced. The problem is from Nippon's end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Guys,

I have an issue in the head light throw. In the attached pic, do you see a dark spot resembling a triangle, on the RHS ?

Unable to identify the reason for that dark spot. It could be a LED running light part, obstructing the throw or may be there is an issue in the light.. Cant figure out. Showed the RM, but since it was day time, couldnt figure out much. HE wants to check the car and revert .

Is any one facing this issue ?
Get the projector checked it might have sinked from its original position. Can you post the picture of the headlight?

Last edited by noidaboy : 26th November 2011 at 00:03.
Old 26th November 2011, 10:07   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
AWD is not yet delivered to anyone as per Mahindra. They would deliver it only from March, for those few who decided to retain the booking of AWD, even when compelled to shift to W8 non-awd version.

There are no test drive vehicles with any of the mahindra dealers (as per Mahindra customer care)
Wow! Wow! Wow! ... My delivery date as per the M&M mail for a W8 AWD is 11/01/2012. Iam eagerly waiting for it, your information is a Bomb to me buddy, are you sure its a confirmed news ?
Dr.Jones
Old 26th November 2011, 11:11   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Wow! Wow! Wow! ... My delivery date as per the M&M mail for a W8 AWD is 11/01/2012. Iam eagerly waiting for it, your information is a Bomb to me buddy, are you sure its a confirmed news ?
Dr.Jones
Take it easy..
People are getting AWD already. Check this photo on MahindraXUV facebook page.

Photos of Mahindra XUV500 | Facebook
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 16:24   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Saw a purple XUV5OO on the Mumbai-Nashik highway. It stopped at the same hotel when we went to have lunch.

There was a sign stuck on it's windshield which read "Mahindra W201 Test vehicle". Wonder what they are testing now. It was not an automatic.

The interiors were very soiled, the car looked old/abused & the rear seat was carrying suitcases, laptops, etc.
Old 26th November 2011, 17:23   #1040
Senior - BHPian

When i switch to Highbeam, why does low beam gets switched off? Can anyone please confirm if its same with their XUV's too. In my fiesta, both low and high remains on but not in XUV.
Old 26th November 2011, 18:24   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
When i switch to Highbeam, why does low beam gets switched off? Can anyone please confirm if its same with their XUV's too. In my fiesta, both low and high remains on but not in XUV.
Err... I think that is the way it works?!

It is like that in my Punto too.
Old 26th November 2011, 19:11   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Err... I think that is the way it works?!

It is like that in my Punto too.
But doesn't Punto has only one beam unit unlike fiesta,XUV,Civic,Altis etc which has dual beam units.
Old 26th November 2011, 19:32   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But doesn't Punto has only one beam unit unlike fiesta,XUV,Civic,Altis etc which has dual beam units.
In other cars, you push the headlamp stalk to the front to switch on the high beam.

however, in the punto, you pull the headlamp stalk for flash & pull it further towards you to switch on the high beam.

So when you are driving in low beam & when you pull the lever one step towards you (flash), the high beam comes on but when you pull it further (to switch on high beam), you can clearly notice the low beam going off.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:09   #1044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi Nitin,
When the headlights are switched on in R position on the headlight stalk, they will behave like this and at a time only high/ low lamp will be on. However if you move it clockwise to the 2nd position, it will allow you to switch on both lamps together. This R mode is a mode for Europe/ other export markets where there are strict regulations on high beam usage.
Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 22:56   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
hi Nitin,
When the headlights are switched on in R position on the headlight stalk, they will behave like this and at a time only high/ low lamp will be on. However if you move it clockwise to the 2nd position, it will allow you to switch on both lamps together. This R mode is a mode for Europe/ other export markets where there are strict regulations on high beam usage.
Regards,
Behemoth
Thanks bro. Just checked what you said and it works. Phew thank god, i thought another glitch in XUV
Old 27th November 2011, 00:08   #1046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
hi Nitin,
When the headlights are switched on in R position on the headlight stalk, they will behave like this and at a time only high/ low lamp will be on. However if you move it clockwise to the 2nd position, it will allow you to switch on both lamps together.
Quote:
Thanks bro. Just checked what you said and it works. Phew thank god, i thought another glitch in XUV
So does having both the beams together make a lot of difference? Or the high beams take charge and leave the low beams un-noticeable. Also could anyone point the advantages and disadvantages of having both the lights ON at the same time?
Old 27th November 2011, 00:28   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Play a DVD / CD / USB, It works fine on Radio apart from that, Incase there is an issue you can get the software updated or unit replaced. The problem is from Nippon's end.
I have already reported this issue to RM and tried updating software and changed the speaker also, but still the problem is not solved.
This problem is there in all XUV's(checked in few other cars while i was in workshop). so i asked all the XUV owners here to check and report the same to their RM so they might change the speakers to a better brand.

Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 12:35   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So does having both the beams together make a lot of difference? Or the high beams take charge and leave the low beams un-noticeable. Also could anyone point the advantages and disadvantages of having both the lights ON at the same time?
Yes it does make a difference.

Advantage of both beams on is that you not only see things far off right in front of you,but with the help of low beam, you can see things at the corner of your car too. If only high beam is on, then the visibility at the corner of the car is impacted. So in a nutshell, keeping both beams on makes your headlight spread evenly and not just in front. That's the advantage, cant think of any disadvantage.
Old 27th November 2011, 13:44   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
I have already reported this issue to RM and tried updating software and changed the speaker also, but still the problem is not solved.
This problem is there in all XUV's(checked in few other cars while i was in workshop). so i asked all the XUV owners here to check and report the same to their RM so they might change the speakers to a better brand.

Thanks
Tell the RM to get the silverbox (cdplayer) changed, if the speakers work fine on radio and only get distorted when USB/CD is played that means its an codec error and nothing is wrong with the speakers.
Old 27th November 2011, 13:47   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Only when using the DIPPER it will switch off, Normally both remain switched on, Also in the AUTO-MODE high beam wont work only dipper will

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks