Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 21:47   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
The GSM System might not be of that help . In my brother's car this used to send 20-25 SMS/ day and some times even more . My brother got frustrated and had it removed . It was frustrating to receive so much SMS at one go. If i am right , we had T COP installed .
Ranga - sorry to hear your plight. There are posts which mention that the GSM system can be tuned to minimize false alerts. The false alert is because of some fault installation / configuration.
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:15   #1127
BHPian

Hi all,
I got to see the XUV 500 in flesh yesterday and I got my hands on it. It was a w8 variant and it was my friend's car and he just got delivery couple of days. I drove the same for about 20 kms which included a very good patch and a very bad patch also.

Considering the looks and size of the vehicle I personally feel that the vehicle is very well proportioned. The ingress and egress is very easy and comfortable. The quality of the leather seats and the plastics is very well acceptable for the price we pay for it. The front and middle row seats are very comfortable and offer good support. The recline function of the middle row backrest is too good and will be really helpful on long drives and for resting. The front seats are not as large as the safaris but they offer very good support and hold u in place. I did not try the last row seats.

Coming to the drive part I found it as easy to drive a hatchback or a sedan. The driving position is reasonably high and you get a very good view of the road. The ride and handling was not so perfect but for SUV standards and when compared to Scropio and Fortuner felt better. I even felt that the ride quality was far better than my i20, this is purely my personal opinion and some one please clarify. I further want to know if someone can give a comparision of the ride and handling of the XUV with the Safari.

So overall the vehicle is the best u can buy in that price range and the quality, size, equippment, gadgets, space and convinience of high ground clearence makes it better than even sedans in the same price segment.
patil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:24   #1128
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Saw the XUV in Amazon-green colour for the first time today morning. The "green" is so deep that for quite some time, I was under the impression that it is black. Mahindras should seriously look at upgrading the XUV site to show more accurate colours. I did not find the Green on their site interesting, but on-road it is quite good. People who can not buy pure black because of religious and family reasons, can definitely look at this shade
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:04   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
\\\

Both warranty and Registration are considered after the car is BILLED in the customers name, They have no connection to the manufacturing date of the vehicle.

You are right but the Manufacturing date is mentioned on the RC atleast in Delhi and it is the actual manufacturing date as provided by the Manufacturer on their invoice.
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:18   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Saw the XUV in Amazon-green colour for the first time today morning. The "green" is so deep that for quite some time, I was under the impression that it is black. Mahindras should seriously look at upgrading the XUV site to show more accurate colours. I did not find the Green on their site interesting, but on-road it is quite good. People who can not buy pure black because of religious and family reasons, can definitely look at this shade
Even the purple is so deep that it actually looks like brown from all angles!
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:44   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
\\\

Here are some pictures of XUV vs Fortuner.
Maybe am biased, but think the XUV in white is looking very nice and sophisticated when compared to the T Fort. Holding its ground and own character
Old 2nd December 2011, 12:24   #1132
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Maybe am biased, but think the XUV in white is looking very nice and sophisticated when compared to the T Fort. Holding its ground and own character
Quite true! T-fort looks like a wrestler with more emphasis on size than defintion (tone). XUV on the other hand looks like a swimmer with strong shoulders and a lean toned body.
Old 2nd December 2011, 12:57   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quite true! T-fort looks like a wrestler with more emphasis on size than defintion (tone). XUV on the other hand looks like a swimmer with strong shoulders and a lean toned body.
Women prefer both types, you know!

Anyway, best strategy: have the wrestler to protect you in the badlands and take out the swimmer for city dates :-)
nilanjanray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:23   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Even i was a die hard fortuner fan because of its sheer bulk and way it drives. But XUV is not far behind some how it seems more practical and VFM as they say. Big price margin puts you in the spot. AWD seems to be a good balance as of the current pricing its 8-9lakhs cheaper than Fortuner

Fortuner is for the WORK HARD, Where XUV seems to be street smart

Choosing between these two is like MIND vs HEART
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:30   #1135
BHPian

Source: Car And Bike Show

Bookings open Jan but what about long delivery periods?

Quote:
Mahindra has announced that it will reopen the XUV 500 bookings only in January 2012. Bookings have been closed since oct 11th. SVP
Y@SH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:04   #1136
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, that's confirmed. Bookings will be reopening in January 2012. Mahindra is also looking at increasing production capacity over 2,000 units / month.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:01   #1137
BHPian

So that's confirmed that booking will be reopening in Jan 2012 for Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai ? so question is how about others part of India? in my opinion they should open booking in others city too..
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:49   #1138
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Bookings reopening, thats good news!

Does anybody have an idea if the Mumbai and Pune prices are same or different? I can register at either places and am wondering if there is a difference.
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:25   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Congrats for your XUV.
As for the old version Ipod, i too have a old one and it connects to the HU, its just that i cant seem to find my podcast folder. Although i can see all of them in "songs" folder. So these podcast are there but not showing as a dedicated folder.
Ok So Im a real novice when it comes to these - the only I iknew was I-Ron
Any way, I thought that maybe I was connecting it thro the USB. So I went and got a jack that goes from the ear phone socket to the simillar socket in the car - It works, but on the infotainment show as as AUX input and not IPod. So what am I doing wrong? It does not work when connected from the the dock to the USB, gives me "Error reading Media"
Old 3rd December 2011, 00:32   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Ok So Im a real novice when it comes to these - the only I iknew was I-Ron
Any way, I thought that maybe I was connecting it thro the USB. So I went and got a jack that goes from the ear phone socket to the simillar socket in the car - It works, but on the infotainment show as as AUX input and not IPod. So what am I doing wrong? It does not work when connected from the the dock to the USB, gives me "Error reading Media"
The reason it says Aux cause you are actually using Aux mode only and not USB. Use the wire which you got with your Ipod, the one you use to upload songs to Ipod from you computer, that is the USB wire. It will get connected to USB slot provided in XUV and then only you will see all the info on the XUV screen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks