Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 17:22   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Droolworthy pictures doc. Congratulations on taking the delivery of your XUV. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Though all the equally beautiful, if you allow me to pick my favorite of the lot, then it would be the one where the XUV is behind the blurred (iron rods, I guess it is a gate or a compound). It gives the impression of a Cheetah behind the bars, raring to get-set-go
Old 19th December 2011, 17:43   #1307
Senior - BHPian

@ bikefreak
I have never seen better photography ! Mahindra should pay you for shooting these pix.
Old 19th December 2011, 17:55   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
I picked up my XUV W8 about 10 days back and since then I've been besotted by its looks.
I'm a doctor by profession but an artist at heart
I was itching to shoot my handsome beast but was just not getting the time.
This Sat evening I finally took the XUV and my cam and clicked a few pics.
The pics are taken with a 550 D, the basic kit lens (18 - 55 mm) & a tripod
Wasn't so happy so I took it again on Sun morning and shot some more.
This set was taken with a hand held 550 and another basic zoom lens (55 - 250 mm)
Some enhancement (brightness / contrast / crop / resize) has been done in Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
Man @bikefreak, those are some stunning pics. The stunning XUV looks even better in your pics. Well done.

Do you mind shooting some interior pics? When are you starting your own thread? Out there, you can add hundreds of drool-worthy pics for us morals.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:01   #1309
BHPian

Totally drool-worthy. May sound overexcited after seeing the pictures, but in my personal opinion, even Mahindra marketing collateral's don't have such amazing pics of XUV. Truly the best pictures of XUV seen to date.

Please do upload some interior pics of the beast as well. With the camera in your hand, am sure that even they will make the interior truly stand out.

Compliments once again on the amazing photography.... You ought to change your career Doc.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:19   #1310
SDP
Team-BHP Support

@bikefreak, some amazing pics there! Can I pre-subscribe to your ownership thread?

Congratulations on the new XUV! Drive safe and enjoy the beast.

PS: Some cool pics, that's precisely what this thread needed while a whole bunch of us wait for the bookings to open. Thanks for reviving the thread.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:53   #1311

@bikefreak
Congratulations for the new car!!
The pics are stupendous, so is the XUV5OO. Have you used a filter to capture those pics?
Impatiently waiting for mine to arrive in January. I'll also take it out for a photo shoot then.
Old 19th December 2011, 19:23   #1312
e46
BHPian

@bikedoc: pretty nice pics sir!

@All informed fellas/owners:
Could i get those stock alloys fitted as an accessory into my W6? please, respond.. coz alloys are an indispensable item for me.. but don wanna spend more for all other gadgetry in W8??

Abhishek
Old 19th December 2011, 19:38   #1313
Distinguished - BHPian

Freakin AWESOME pics doc!! How do you get that "star" effect on lights? Is that done on image editing software?

I loved the pics with so many stars around the car and also the one in which the lights are blurred & moving fast by the side of the XUV! And heads up ! We need a ZILLION pics in your ownership thread - 5 star rating already granted!

Quote:
Would love to see the way you put stitches on cuts doc !!
Old 19th December 2011, 20:16   #1314
BHPian

Guys I need your help here. I am getting xuv 500 delivered in 2-3 days. I am from amritsar and I booked the car at sterling motors, gurgaon. At the time of booking I clearly explained them that I need the biling address to be of Amritsar to which they agreed and gave me the receipt of booking money with my amritsar address.

But now they are saying that they need any NCR address. Now i am stuck guys. If i give any NCR address, i wont be able to register the car at amritsar.

I have written to customercare once but they say its their policy. But why did they not inform me at the time of booking. Can anyone help. :(
Old 19th December 2011, 20:20   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
I picked up my XUV W8 about 10 days back and since then I've been besotted by its looks.
Doctor Saheb: I am sure you attract patients of both kinds- those who need the antibiotics and those who cannot get enough of droolworthy pics. Do you have a clinic or operate as a doctor from a studio?

Too good man, I am a cent per cent sure Mahindra, any xyz professional photographer or anyone else cannot come closer to the magic realism you have created through your camera. Hats off, you the man!
Old 19th December 2011, 20:22   #1316

@nipun
It is indeed their policy. We went on to book at Delhi while my state of residence is Haryana. The people there clearly told us to head to Gurgaon as booking at Delhi would not let us register the vehicle at Haryana.

You will most probably need to resort to some "jugaad" by registering it to some relative's name in Haryana.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:02   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktithakran
@nipun
It is indeed their policy. We went on to book at Delhi while my state of residence is Haryana. The people there clearly told us to head to Gurgaon as booking at Delhi would not let us register the vehicle at Haryana.

You will most probably need to resort to some "jugaad" by registering it to some relative's name in Haryana.
But they did not inform me at the time of booking.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:03   #1318
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktithakran View Post
@nipun

Is this Mahindra's way of ensuring that only the customers from the cities where the booking have opened get their hands on XUV?
Old 19th December 2011, 21:38   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
But they did not inform me at the time of booking.
Nipun,

Did they give it to you in "writing" that they are okay with an Amritsar Address ? IMHO, If they have not given it in writing, there is nothing much that can be done.

One option you could pursue is to approach the M&M dealer(s) near your residence and check if they could register the same in Amritsar.

If they agree to do so, just pay insurance and temp reg to the gurgaon dealer and pay the registration amount to the Amritsar M&M dealer.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:52   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath

Nipun,

Did they give it to you in "writing" that they are okay with an Amritsar Address ? IMHO, If they have not given it in writing, there is nothing much that can be done.

One option you could pursue is to approach the M&M dealer(s) near your residence and check if they could register the same in Amritsar.

If they agree to do so, just pay insurance and temp reg to the gurgaon dealer and pay the registration amount to the Amritsar M&M dealer.
I provided my amritsar address at the time of booking and they did not object.

The issue is that the RTO of punjab will not register the car if the billing address is of gurgaon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks