Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 21:56   #1321
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Droolworthy pictures doc. Congratulations on taking the delivery of your XUV. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Though all the equally beautiful, if you allow me to pick my favorite of the lot, then it would be the one where the XUV is behind the blurred (iron rods, I guess it is a gate or a compound). It gives the impression of a Cheetah behind the bars, raring to get-set-go
Thanks AutoIndian. Yup that was a broken down gate. I had to perform some antics to get that shot and the result was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
@ bikefreak
I have never seen better photography ! Mahindra should pay you for shooting these pix.
Thanks Nik, I hope someone from Mahindra is watching & reading.
Guess I shoud watermark these pics, though I do not know how to do it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Man @bikefreak, those are some stunning pics. The stunning XUV looks even better in your pics. Well done.

Do you mind shooting some interior pics? When are you starting your own thread? Out there, you can add hundreds of drool-worthy pics for us morals.
Thanks Ajay. Actually I had started a separate thread that was intended for all to upload pics of their XUVs (cause it is so photogenic & I expect many owners to upload), but it was merged with a common auto pics thread by the moderator due to their policy :(
I'll take and upload the interior pics on one of the weekends, cause that is when I get some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Totally drool-worthy. May sound overexcited after seeing the pictures, but in my personal opinion, even Mahindra marketing collateral's don't have such amazing pics of XUV. Truly the best pictures of XUV seen to date.

Please do upload some interior pics of the beast as well. With the camera in your hand, am sure that even they will make the interior truly stand out.

Compliments once again on the amazing photography.... You ought to change your career Doc.
Thanks Joyb. I really wish I could change my career, or maybe I will . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
@bikefreak, some amazing pics there! Can I pre-subscribe to your ownership thread?

Congratulations on the new XUV! Drive safe and enjoy the beast.

PS: Some cool pics, that's precisely what this thread needed while a whole bunch of us wait for the bookings to open. Thanks for reviving the thread.
Thanks SDP. Answer about the thread above . . .
Besides, wouldn't really get time to update the thread often, even if I would start it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktithakran View Post
@bikefreak
Congratulations for the new car!!
The pics are stupendous, so is the XUV5OO. Have you used a filter to capture those pics?
Impatiently waiting for mine to arrive in January. I'll also take it out for a photo shoot then.
Thanks Shaktithakran. No filter used. Just a cheap 18-55 mm and a 55-250 mm lens.
I did play with contrast & brightness in Microsoft Office Picture Manager to enhance the effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
@bikedoc: pretty nice pics sir!
Abhishek
Thanks Abhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Freakin AWESOME pics doc!! How do you get that "star" effect on lights? Is that done on image editing software?

I loved the pics with so many stars around the car and also the one in which the lights are blurred & moving fast by the side of the XUV! And heads up ! We need a ZILLION pics in your ownership thread - 5 star rating already granted!

Would love to see the way you put stitches on cuts doc !!
Thanks swiftnfurious. No software used for the effects.
The night pics were self timed shots taken with an 18-55 mm lens on a tripod, keeping a long exposure of 10 - 20 secs !! That also explains the blur effect. Another example, taken the same night on Thane Belapur road, using the same setting is attached below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Doctor Saheb: I am sure you attract patients of both kinds- those who need the antibiotics and those who cannot get enough of droolworthy pics. Do you have a clinic or operate as a doctor from a studio?

Too good man, I am a cent per cent sure Mahindra, any xyz professional photographer or anyone else cannot come closer to the magic realism you have created through your camera. Hats off, you the man!
Thanks Rahul. I don't practice from a clinic, don't like conventional medicine !
I visit 5 IT companies as a Corporate medical advisor & trainer in preventive medicine.
I'm also attached to a large medical publication house as a medical director and am responsible for content development for print, media & web.

Thank you all once again for your kind words of encouragement.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-000.jpg  

bikefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 22:07   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post

Thanks Nik, I hope someone from Mahindra is watching & reading.

You should seriously do it, otherwise, before you know, these pics will end up on the Facebook page of XUV5OO with someone else taking credit for these and claiming it to be his XUV.
Old 19th December 2011, 22:16   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
I provided my amritsar address at the time of booking and they did not object.

The issue is that the RTO of punjab will not register the car if the billing address is of gurgaon.
Please explain me one thing - They accepted Amritsar address while booking (Initial token advance) right ? Now for what are they asking an NCR Address ?

Just tell them that you are paying the remaining money and issue a receipt at the Amritsar address.

In-Parallel discuss with the Amritsar M&M Dealer and am sure they would entertain this request. Speak to them and get thier views as they would know loop-holes or suggest that they could probably get it done by paying some bribes.
Old 19th December 2011, 22:31   #1324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
You should seriously do it, otherwise, before you know, these pics will end up on the Facebook page of XUV5OO with someone else taking credit for these and claiming it to be his XUV.
I don't think you should water mark these. Watermarking will take away the beauty of these. Again it's NOT a scoop or something. And if some one "steals" your pics and claim it as theirs - take it as a credit.

But in case you want to use watermarking in future, just try for some free ware watermarking software or use image editing software to write the text on a corner of the pic.
Old 19th December 2011, 23:36   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't think you should water mark these. Watermarking will take away the beauty of these. Again it's NOT a scoop or something. And if some one "steals" your pics and claim it as theirs - take it as a credit.

But in case you want to use watermarking in future, just try for some free ware watermarking software or use image editing software to write the text on a corner of the pic.
I agree . . . Imitation is the best form of flattery
Or maybe I should upload these on the XUV facebook page before anyone else does
BTW, if I write the text on a corner, can it not be cropped ?
Also, these pics are resized low res ones.
Old 20th December 2011, 00:01   #1326
BHPian

doctor saab your XUV500 pics are now on Mr Anand Mahindra's iPhotos.

@anandmahindra
anand mahindra
Outstanding! Have saved them to my iPhotos “@sratishs: @anandmahindra You will LOVE these! :-) Please take a look. team-bhp.com/forum/official…”

my pick..the one behind the grill...mean look and very professionally shot
rohi_rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 06:46   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak
I picked up my XUV W8 about 10 days back and since then I've been besotted by its looks.
I'm a doctor by profession but an artist at heart
I was itching to shoot my handsome beast but was just not getting the time.
This Sat evening I finally took the XUV and my cam and clicked a few pics.
The pics are taken with a 550 D, the basic kit lens (18 - 55 mm) & a tripod
Wasn't so happy so I took it again on Sun morning and shot some more.
This set was taken with a hand held 550 and another basic zoom lens (55 - 250 mm)
Some enhancement (brightness / contrast / crop / resize) has been done in Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
Congratulations bike freak! The photos are awesome. I like the one behind the bars - sort of looks like a thug in prison! Lol.
Old 20th December 2011, 07:07   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I picked up my XUV W8 about 10 days back and since then I've been besotted by its looks.
Wow, those pictures are amazing, have you created an ownership thread yet, if not please do and post this pictures there as well.

XUV already looks very good, your pictures have only made it better, especially the night shot ones. Best
Old 20th December 2011, 10:23   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath

Please explain me one thing - They accepted Amritsar address while booking (Initial token advance) right ? Now for what are they asking an NCR Address ?

Just tell them that you are paying the remaining money and issue a receipt at the Amritsar address.

In-Parallel discuss with the Amritsar M&M Dealer and am sure they would entertain this request. Speak to them and get thier views as they would know loop-holes or suggest that they could probably get it done by paying some bribes.
I have talked to 2-3 people dealing in DTO office. They say that they need amritsar address on the bill.

Mahindra has some policy in this regard they say. But why did they not inform me at the time of booking.

And what would happen if they write my amritsar address on the bill. I have already paid them full money.
Old 20th December 2011, 10:24   #1330
BHPian

I had a TD of the XUV last weekend. I was thrilled and expecting a lot out of it but sadly I was not too impressed at the end. I encountered the following issues:
  • Although the clutch was not too heavy, but at times after slotting it in 1 and 2nd gear, I could feel the vibrations on my foot.
  • The gear lever throw is really big.
  • The hand brake was really very hard and required quite a force to engage/disengage.
  • The foot brake felt very hard and woody and it was not confidence inspiring.
  • The seat belt seemed very loose. Doesnt it have pre-tensioner?
  • The drivers seat was not very easy to adjust and get it in the right place, esp while relining forward and back, it was very difficult to get it adjusted rightly.
  • The doors felt very heavy to close from inside and needed a lot of force. I think the lever inside is not placed correctly, its more close to the hinge and hence require more force to close the doors.
  • The glove boxes were hard to close, needed a firm push.
  • For the ride, it was on the city roads (evening) and hence could not get much feel of the power. Planning another TD on less crowded time.
Although, these are minor points, yet summing all these I was not too pleased. Can the XUV owners please comment on these points? Are these general problems on all XUVs or rather it was only the TD vehicle problem?

Thanks!

Last edited by pamishra : 20th December 2011 at 10:26.
Old 20th December 2011, 10:29   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohi_rao View Post
doctor saab your XUV500 pics are now on Mr Anand Mahindra's iPhotos.

@anandmahindra
anand mahindra
Outstanding! Have saved them to my iPhotos “@sratishs: @anandmahindra You will LOVE these! :-) Please take a look. team-bhp.com/forum/official…”

my pick..the one behind the grill...mean look and very professionally shot
Thanks for bringing it to my notice Rao.
It's indeed an honor that Anand Mahindra actually saw my pics and appreciated them
(Which also means he's reading this thread !!! )
Old 20th December 2011, 14:56   #1332
BHPian

Folks -

Have any of you XUV owners checked out any Roof Racks like THULE or others ? This would not just meet the occational need of a roof top carrier, considering the limited luggage space, but would also look sporty IMO.

Also what model of the feet from THULE would fit the XUV roof rails ?

Regards
Old 20th December 2011, 15:17   #1333
BHPian

Any news on AWD deliveries, I am yet to see any review or impression of AWD XUV.
I booked my XUV on 3rd Oct and still there are no signs of its delivery and top of it I will have to pay Rs 50,000 more from Jan 12 onwards.

This is simply injustice, that for the car which I booked within three days of the start of booking, I will have to pay more as well as I have to wait months.

My request to Team-Bhp is to release the review (at least technical comparison of Merlin 4x4 Vs XUV AWD) preferably to the very next day when Merlin launches (5th Jan 2012-Auto Expo).

Because if Merlin is meeting my expectation I will definitely cancel my XUV booking and go for TATA, mainly out of frustration of long waiting period.

I think M&M is also getting the heat of it that's why they are asking to make full payment so they can retain there prospective buyers.
Old 20th December 2011, 15:33   #1334
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
....top of it I will have to pay Rs 50,000 more from Jan 12 onwards.
What 50,000? Has the price hike for XUV been announced? Did I miss the news?
Old 20th December 2011, 15:40   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
Guys I need your help here. I am getting xuv 500 delivered in 2-3 days. I am from amritsar and I booked the car at sterling motors, gurgaon. At the time of booking I clearly explained them that I need the biling address to be of Amritsar to which they agreed and gave me the receipt of booking money with my amritsar address.

But now they are saying that they need any NCR address. Now i am stuck guys. If i give any NCR address, i wont be able to register the car at amritsar.

I have written to customercare once but they say its their policy. But why did they not inform me at the time of booking. Can anyone help. :(

Ah, that spoils my party as well. I can book it in Gurgaon Sterling but, can only give my residence proof as of Rohtak (Haryana). So, same situation will be for me.
:(
Please suggest me or PM me if you find some workaround.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks