Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 12:59   #886
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

The Indian public is eagerly waiting for this product (with M&M deciding to close all bookings in the domestic market and proudly announcing that all production for months got sold out) and at the same time it is already available in the used car market of South Africa

Used Mahindra XUV 500 W8 2.2 in South Africa

M&M should channel some of the export vehicles to the domestic market and build the domestic market share. In the long run it is the domestic market that would sustain any manufacturer even during times of recession across the globe.

Feed the family before feeding thy neighbors who really don't need it.
Old 14th November 2011, 13:18   #887
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
The Indian public is eagerly waiting for this product (with M&M deciding to close all bookings in the domestic market and proudly announcing that all production for months got sold out) and at the same time it is already available in the used car market of South Africa

Used Mahindra XUV 500 W8 2.2 in South Africa
I thought M&M had stopped all plans for exports. How did the SUV get to South Africa? And how did it land up in the second hand market with 0 kms driven?
Old 14th November 2011, 13:29   #888
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
There were no major glitch's in the previous versions but this one seems to have improved the touch response and is faster. And i think all companies make improvements or change parts with initial response. No matter how much the cars are tested its the customer feedback that matters.
I was "undecided" about how to react to this early change, as the crucial data-point on "what is being changed" was not available. The highlighted portion from your post provides that data. Thank You. Would be eager to know the source of this information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
I wonder how will you react to know that an ECU firmware upgrade has also been released.

Mahindra has a very good backup support for this vehicle they have eye's on every customer feedback. From SALES to SERVICE to the CAR it self
I believe you are assuming that I am not happy with the recent changes.

"Change", when it is improvement/fine-tuning/incorporating-feedback would be definitely appreciated. "Change", when it is fixing defects/glitches is also appreciated but with a feeling of that why wasn't it caught earlier and it puts a question-mark against the manufacturer's QA focus/capabilities.

Any idea, what changes are expected in the vehicle based on the ECU firmware upgrade that you have mentioned?

Last edited by SDP : 14th November 2011 at 13:37.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:15   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I thought M&M had stopped all plans for exports. How did the SUV get to South Africa? And how did it land up in the second hand market with 0 kms driven?
XUV was indeed launched in SA at around the same time as it was launched in India. cant say much about the resale of the XUV. Its indeed suspicious that the mileage reading is 0 km. Guess we should all focus on saving enough money to buy one when the bookings reopen in India. Mahindra did stop the worldwide launches post the Indian rush and I think we cannot blame them for continuing their sales elsewhere when Indian public was crying foul. They did take into account domestic demand and delayed the plans for worldwide launches indefinitely.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:18   #890
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Over the last week I have seen only one XUV on road.

Today morning, saw 2, one Silver and one black, both looking gorgeous. The Silver was an E8 and had the other set of beautiful alloys which are available with XUV. Any idea, how much difference one needs to pay of they chose to swap the stock alloys on E8 with the ones in the accessory list?

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-alloys.jpg

I believe the 2nd one is stock and the first one is optional accessory.

Last edited by SDP : 15th November 2011 at 11:29.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:30   #891
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Over the last week I have seen only one XUV on road.

Today morning, saw 2, one Silver and one black, both looking gorgeous. The Silver was an E8 and had the other set of beautiful alloys which are available with XUV. Any idea, how much difference one needs to pay of they chose to swap the stock alloys on E8 with the ones in the accessory list?
I guess you meant "W8". E8 were the versions on the Xylo.

The alloys were bought by a fellow BHPian for Rs. 32K. You could check out the wonderful thread by Pankaj

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rst-delhi.html

I am not sure how much the original alloys would be bought by the accessory guys. But it will have to be sold for a very low price.

Last edited by MAS : 15th November 2011 at 11:32.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 16:07   #892
mxx
BHPian

Is there any connection between the alloys and tyretronics?
Ie: Would tyretronics still work if alloys are swapped with
1) optional xuv wheel (sporty speed alloy)
2) aftermarket alloy
Old 15th November 2011, 17:38   #893
BHPian

I was told by the slaes perosn that it does not work if the alloys are swapped.
SafeDrive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 19:05   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
It does work, till the time you get it done from a professional. Many scorpio VLX owners have done that so maybe they might want to add onto this. But yes, it is possible.
Old 15th November 2011, 21:22   #895
vcx
BHPian

Guys, do you have any update on XUV launch in Hyderabad , I am keenly looking forward to this and have kept my plans for Civic or Vento addition on hold.

Also , likely waiting period?
Old 15th November 2011, 22:19   #896
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am going for the XUV's test drive tomorrow, a half an hour slot. Any specific questions or details to be covered?
Old 15th November 2011, 22:27   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, I am going for the XUV's test drive tomorrow, a half an hour slot. Any specific questions or details to be covered?
I have a couple here

1) How is the clutch in bumper to bumper where you constantly shift between 1st and 2nd gear?

2)Take it over some really rough roads at speed and see how you feel about the entire vehicle like vibrations in steering wheel etc? How confident did you feel about the vehicle when driven on such roads? i.e In terms of using the vehicle on those sort of roads on a daily basis.

Last edited by damodar : 15th November 2011 at 22:48.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:56   #898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
I have a couple here

1) How is the clutch in bumper to bumper where you constantly shift between 1st and 2nd gear?

2)Take it over some really rough roads at speed and see how you feel about the entire vehicle like vibrations in steering wheel etc? How confident did you feel about the vehicle when driven on such roads? i.e In terms of using the vehicle on those sort of roads on a daily basis.
These are excellent points that you could raise while on your test-drive.

Also, give us some inputs on the XUV's braking. I've heard, and I've been told that the brakes are poor, despite the all-round disc-brake and ABS setup.
Old 15th November 2011, 23:08   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Guys, do you have any update on XUV launch in Hyderabad , I am keenly looking forward to this and have kept my plans for Civic or Vento addition on hold.

Also , likely waiting period?
It would not hit hyderbad for at least 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
There are after-market TPMS systems available. I am sure it is do-able in alloy swap. I would not buy the logic, if they say that it is not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Raj - please ask the sales executive where the camera if opted for would be fit ? I mean would they drill holes on the bumper or would it be fit near the tail gate applique ?
Old 16th November 2011, 08:47   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
I have a couple here

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
These are excellent points that you could raise while on your test-drive.

Also, give us some inputs on the XUV's braking. I've heard, and I've been told that the brakes are poor, despite the all-round disc-brake and ABS setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Raj - please ask the sales executive where the camera if opted for would be fit ? I mean would they drill holes on the bumper or would it be fit near the tail gate applique ?
Sure, points noted. I will do that.

Most Viewed