Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 14:07   #1021

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Finally got delivery of our XUV500 yesterday! and i'm already in love with it ... even more than before
Drove it 5 hours straight in the thickest of traffic, covering a total of 100 kms, and loved each and every moment of it!
Delivery process wasn't as smooth as I would've liked, but all's well that ends well I guess. Details over the weekend.
Cheers!
Old 24th November 2011, 14:44   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
Has anyone got the AWD yet? Is it available for TD? wondering when they would open the bookings again. Eagerly waiting for the bookings to re-open.
AWD is not yet delivered to anyone as per Mahindra. They would deliver it only from March, for those few who decided to retain the booking of AWD, even when compelled to shift to W8 non-awd version.

There are no test drive vehicles with any of the mahindra dealers (as per Mahindra customer care)
Old 24th November 2011, 17:15   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Congrats Bro. Thats really nice that there was no hassles from Koncept
By the way, who was the SA with whom you were dealing?
Thanks buddy! Was dealing with Amul and then directly with Santok
Old 24th November 2011, 17:28   #1024
BHPian

Hi Guys

Please check for Jarring noise from speakers in your XUV's
The jarring noise still exist in my car even after HU software update, also checked other XUV's at the workshop even they had the same problem.
M&M still does not have a solution for it .
Guys please check for this jarring noise in your cars especially rear door speakers and report it to the Relationship Manager.

(Use BLUE-One Love song)sorry i don't know how to upload mp3 here.

Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 22:15   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
Hi Guys

Please check for Jarring noise from speakers in your XUV's
The jarring noise still exist in my car even after HU software update, also checked other XUV's at the workshop even they had the same problem.
M&M still does not have a solution for it .
Guys please check for this jarring noise in your cars especially rear door speakers and report it to the Relationship Manager.

(Use BLUE-One Love song)sorry i don't know how to upload mp3 here.

Thanks
I too am facing this jarring noise, comes for me from the front passenger door. Is mainly visible when we listen to bassy songs. Very very irritating.
Old 25th November 2011, 10:18   #1026
Senior - BHPian

OT: Mahindra had advertised the 'Guess the XUV price contest' before launch - any news about it? Now that everybody has forgotten and Mahindra has got enough publicity out of this, I doubt whether they would announce a winner for this contest.
Old 25th November 2011, 10:41   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
OT: Mahindra had advertised the 'Guess the XUV price contest' before launch - any news about it? Now that everybody has forgotten and Mahindra has got enough publicity out of this, I doubt whether they would announce a winner for this contest.
Hi JinoJohnT,

The winner of that contest was declared on Nov 4, and was a person named Amit Mate.
Below is some coverage of the award ceremony in which he was given the XUV5OO as a prize.
Auto News India - Mahindra announces winner of the innovative “Guess the Price” of the XUV 500 contest | CarDekho.com

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 25th November 2011, 11:16   #1028
BHPian

Guys,

I have an issue in the head light throw. In the attached pic, do you see a dark spot resembling a triangle, on the RHS ?

Unable to identify the reason for that dark spot. It could be a LED running light part, obstructing the throw or may be there is an issue in the light.. Cant figure out. Showed the RM, but since it was day time, couldnt figure out much. HE wants to check the car and revert .

Is any one facing this issue ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img00679201111102102.jpg  

mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:52   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai
Guys,

I have an issue in the head light throw. In the attached pic, do you see a dark spot resembling a triangle, on the RHS ?

Unable to identify the reason for that dark spot. It could be a LED running light part, obstructing the throw or may be there is an issue in the light.. Cant figure out. Showed the RM, but since it was day time, couldnt figure out much. HE wants to check the car and revert .

VnbI believe that this is per design. Since we drive on the LHS of the road, lights are designed not to shine into oncoming traffic, which will effectively be to the right of your vehicle.

I think the headlight may not levelled correctly, and for the driver alone in the car it should be at position 0 or 1.

I may be completely wrong, so please let us know what your RM says after checking.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:58   #1030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Guys,

Hi Mannubhai,
Projector based headlamp units have a shutter based levelling/ cutoff system, which is used for cutting off the light above a certain angle (settable via the level control). In your case, it seems the shutter has become dislodged and is blocking the beam in this manner.
As these headlamps have a sealed mechanism, this may require replacement of the corresponding headlamp unit.

Regards.
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 18:54   #1031
BHPian

Tushargohil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 18:55   #1032
BHPian

Got my XUV today and am loving it. First off, unbelievably good service by SKS Auto Bannerghatta Road. It cannot get more personalized than this. Aside from the cake, flowers, and hand holding, they gave me a scale model of a Yamaha FJR, having seen me ride in to the showroom many times on my imports. I haven't had this good service and treatment anywhere till date while buying a car.

Only one small niggle which I noticed after I got home. The navigation doesn't initialize after the map my India startup page, and just goes back to the home screen. Also, am getting a pink screen when I try to play a video and only the audio comes through. Will take it in to the workshop tomorrow to fix it up.
Old 25th November 2011, 19:56   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Got my XUV today and am loving it. First off, unbelievably good service by SKS Auto Bannerghatta Road. It cannot get more personalized than this. Aside from the cake, flowers, and hand holding, they gave me a scale model of a Yamaha FJR, having seen me ride in to the showroom many times on my imports. I haven't had this good service and treatment anywhere till date while buying a car.

Only one small niggle which I noticed after I got home. The navigation doesn't initialize after the map my India startup page, and just goes back to the home screen. Also, am getting a pink screen when I try to play a video and only the audio comes through. Will take it in to the workshop tomorrow to fix it up.

Makes me wonder - why YAMAHA
Old 25th November 2011, 21:49   #1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
What is this blue light in the front that lights up the front grill? Looks too jazzy for the car.

I would like an advice regarding the extra DVD monitor,which I am planning to fix. Is it better to have it in the roof or on the headrests?
Old 25th November 2011, 23:49   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
AWD is not yet delivered to anyone as per Mahindra. They would deliver it only from March, for those few who decided to retain the booking of AWD, even when compelled to shift to W8 non-awd version.

There are no test drive vehicles with any of the mahindra dealers (as per Mahindra customer care)
The info i received from the SE at bangalore was that deliveries of the AWD model would start from the last week of december

Most Viewed