Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2011, 01:00   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Posted on XUV500 facebook page. Owners please comment.

"Ok, I got delivery about 10 days ago.
All I did is 200 KMs in this car so far.

These are my first/worst experiences

All initial reviews had some questions around the "quality" of the electronics. Here I am. Living proof.

CAR OF THE YEAR? LET'S SEE"
It is really frustrating to hear about the quality and niggles that are coming up on almost all XUVs in TBHP and hopefully non-TBHPians too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The jarring noise has been reported by at least couple of XUV owner BHPians. TPMS has been an issue from Scorpio days. Other problems are new.

I still believe, XUV has a good chance to be the "Car of the Year". I mean, come on, even the potato inspired Xylo has been the car of the year
Car of the year gives quality and reliability as the last priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
The speakers and HU are of Nippon brand. Even i am facing the jarring problem with my car(check my old posts for details).There is no solution for jarring sound as of now.I don't have any other problems apart from this.

Report the problems to RM it will get solved i think it needs a software update.

Thanks
Appreciate the fact about Mahindra's RM strategy, but there are niggles which are definetly not acceptable. A roadside ICE installer can remove the jarring noise (use spacers/replace speaker/adjust gaps etc) so why cannot Mahindra do that.

This way i appreciate toyota - they provide very little gizmos but ensure they work a lifetime
Old 29th November 2011, 01:48   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
The speakers and HU are of Nippon brand. Even i am facing the jarring problem with my car(check my old posts for details).There is no solution for jarring sound as of now.I don't have any other problems apart from this.

Report the problems to RM it will get solved i think it needs a software update.

Thanks
I guess you might wanna try and reduce the bass from the EQ. This sound was there in my XUV too when i initially started, but i quickly realized that the speakers are getting strained with loads of bass at 50% and above volume. When i checked Bass, it was on full. The moment i reduced it, problem solved.

It worked for me, so i would recommend you too. If not, then i guess upgrading to comps would be the solution as these speakers are not meant for high volume listening (anything above 50% of the current HU).
Old 29th November 2011, 08:30   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Posted on XUV500 facebook page. Owners please comment.

"Ok, I got delivery about 10 days ago.
All I did is 200 KMs in this car so far.

These are my first/worst experiences

1. There is this nagging noise from the central console (The so called infotainment system. I don't seem to get this noise from my friends' XUVs. Guess some QC issue with Mahindra or the OEM?

2. Increase the volume above 50%. Both the front door speakers start "jarring" Did someone say JBL speakers?

3. I go over any speed bump in Bangalore. The hill descent malfunction light comes up automatically."Super sensitive" I guess.

4. You exceed 90KMs.The tire pressure warning comes up automatically. I call up the service center About to talk about tire. Even before I explained, the guy asks ."At what speed do you get this problem?". THEY KNOW.

All initial reviews had some questions around the "quality" of the electronics. Here I am. Living proof.

CAR OF THE YEAR? LET'S SEE"

extremely disheartened to read comments of whoever this bloke is. Immensely bamboozled on the points related to tyre pressure and his descent. I sincerely hope and pray that we dont get further proofs like this of the XUV being flashy on the outside but fishy on the insides. lets keep the fingers crossed. The devil in me believes this could be a competition's planted post as well, in these days when XUV is slicing through the muck called competition left, right, and centre, any negative review will spread like wildfire.
Old 29th November 2011, 12:58   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
can we have some pics please?
Sure will post some tomorrow. Was actually thinking today of taking a few in the morning and then compare with evening pics..
Old 29th November 2011, 15:24   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Got my XUV today and am loving it. First off, unbelievably good service by SKS Auto Bannerghatta Road. It cannot get more personalized than this. Aside from the cake, flowers, and hand holding, they gave me a scale model of a Yamaha FJR, having seen me ride in to the showroom many times on my imports. I haven't had this good service and treatment anywhere till date while buying a car.

Only one small niggle which I noticed after I got home. The navigation doesn't initialize after the map my India startup page, and just goes back to the home screen. Also, am getting a pink screen when I try to play a video and only the audio comes through. Will take it in to the workshop tomorrow to fix it up.
Took the XUV to SKS Auto's workshop on Hosur Road to fix the infotainment system (navigation not working as I'd mentioned above). They re-flashed the firmware twice but the navigation feature still refused to load beyond the startup page. So they're calling in the Nippon guys to either repair or replace. I've told them that I need the issue sorted by Thursday because I'm traveling Friday onwards.

I observed another potential issue when accelerating from standstill. The front end shudders for a second or two while at 10-15 kmph. I noticed this at a certain RPM in 2nd gear as well. I told the RM this, and she told me that it was because of the ESP which kicks in under quick acceleration. I'm somehow not convinced.

Also, another niggle that I showed them was a creaking noise coming from the boot lid when I open it. They said they'd have to open it and study it thoroughly for which they'd need time, which I didn't have. Will sort it all out on Wednesday/Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Makes me wonder - why YAMAHA
Because I'm a big Yamaha fan
Old 29th November 2011, 15:37   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
It is really frustrating to hear about the quality and niggles that are coming up on almost all XUVs in TBHP and hopefully non-TBHPians too.

Car of the year gives quality and reliability as the last priority

Appreciate the fact about Mahindra's RM strategy, but there are niggles which are definetly not acceptable. A roadside ICE installer can remove the jarring noise (use spacers/replace speaker/adjust gaps etc) so why cannot Mahindra do that.

This way i appreciate toyota - they provide very little gizmos but ensure they work a lifetime
Seems to be real list of issues pouring here, mods suggest a XUV: Issues and Solutions thread
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 15:53   #1072
BHPian

Is the XUV's honeymoon nearing it's end??
Really disturbing that there are so many issues cropping out of the bells and whistles.
Please note that it was these which made the car give VFM feel.

cheers!!
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 17:22   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Seems to be real list of issues pouring here, mods suggest a XUV: Issues and Solutions thread
A thread already exists here. (LINK)
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 18:26   #1074
BHPian

Got this mail from Mahindra today:

29th November, 2011
Dear Customer,
Subject: Your XUV500 booking
This is with reference to your booking of the Mahindra XUV500 at our dealership. We are very excited and honoured to have you as a part of the Mahindra Family and take this opportunity to thank you for believing in us.
We are pleased to inform you that as a privileged XUV500 customer, you are being offered additional warranty of 1 year (for unlimited kms*) on your vehicle, which means that, the total warranty of your XUV500 would now stand at 3 years (for unlimited kms*).
We tried reaching you on your mobile, in order to communicate this special offer to you, but your number was unreachable. Please call the Mahindra Relationship Center @ 18002667000, to avail of this opportunity now!
We thank you once again for your confidence in us.

Yours Sincerely,
Team XUV500

So now I have a 3 year unlimited kms warranty, but no sign of the vehicle or its expected date of delivery . Tried calling on the given number, but no one picks up and the call is perpetually on hold.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th November 2011 at 18:37. Reason: Removing [Font] tags please avoid copy pasting from external font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 21:24   #1075
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Saw a XUV 5oo Sport today. Is this some variant or just an aftermarket badge?? The optional alloys looked good on the car. I keep seeing the odd Xuv's with lots of chrome all around.
Old 29th November 2011, 22:10   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Got this mail from Mahindra today:

=========
We thank you once again for your confidence in us.

Yours Sincerely,
Team XUV500

So now I have a 3 year unlimited kms warranty, but no sign of the vehicle or its expected date of delivery . Tried calling on the given number, but no one picks up and the call is perpetually on hold.
Even i got the same mail today itself.

When i asked delivery date from customer care it was not coming on their system. Few days i dropped a mail to mahindra and got the reply it will be somewhere in march.
Old 29th November 2011, 22:17   #1077
BHPian

I too took delivery of my vehicle on the 25th! So another proud owner in the fold.

Well I have been busy trying to read/learn all the functions and show off to all around especially at my place of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I am having one issue related to Ipod connectivity with XUV's USB. I cant seem to locate my Podcast folder that i have in my Ipod. Does anyone who uses podcast and owns XUV noticed this and know what i need to do to see it?
I have been facing a funny problem too with the Ipod! I have an old model which I just cannot get it to connect - where as the Ipod with touch screen works just fine. Could it be something to do with the version (1.2.1)?
Also regarding the jarring sound from speakers - I get it only from the right rear one! The rest work very well in at full volume / either Radio/Ipod or CD.
Old 29th November 2011, 22:21   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
I too took delivery of my vehicle on the 25th! So another proud owner in the fold.

Well I have been busy trying to read/learn all the functions and show off to all around especially at my place of work!

I have been facing a funny problem too with the Ipod! I have an old model which I just cannot get it to connect - where as the Ipod with touch screen works just fine. Could it be something to do with the version (1.2.1)?
Also regarding the jarring sound from speakers - I get it only from the right rear one! The rest work very well in at full volume / either Radio/Ipod or CD.
Congrats for your XUV.
As for the old version Ipod, i too have a old one and it connects to the HU, its just that i cant seem to find my podcast folder. Although i can see all of them in "songs" folder. So these podcast are there but not showing as a dedicated folder.
Old 29th November 2011, 23:42   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I

A roadside ICE installer can remove the jarring noise (use spacers/replace speaker/adjust gaps etc) so why cannot Mahindra do that.
Is the sound in one speaker or all the speakers?

Issue's to beware for cars of the 1st batch

1> Infotainment system, (Play a CD/USB to check sound)
2> Alignment / Wheel balancing
3> 1st Hard Gear
4> Rattling center console lid
5> Squeaks/Squeals from brake pad

Last edited by noidaboy : 29th November 2011 at 23:54.
Old 29th November 2011, 23:45   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Is the sound in one speaker or all the speakers?
Multiple people have reported multiple scenarios.

For some all speakers are jarring, but gerardfdz's post says that only one speaker is jarring.

Having said this Mahindra is unable to trace this issue out and fix it permanently.

Most Viewed