Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 07:16   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Thats good mileage. Ok, so you have never reset the mileage is it?

I have reset it for a few long trips and also a few city runs. I got 18 km/l on my highway trip and 13+ in the city.
Sorry i didn't get it about the reset thing.
Old 1st December 2011, 07:22   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Sorry i didn't get it about the reset thing.
What i do is, say if leave for a short city run, i go to the menu and reset the fuel avg to 0, and did the same when i left for the highway trip.

This way i got the infotainment to calculate both the mileage. Not yet used the good old full tank to full tank method to calculate mileage.
Old 1st December 2011, 07:28   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
What i do is, say if leave for a short city run, i go to the menu and reset the fuel avg to 0, and did the same when i left for the highway trip.

This way i got the infotainment to calculate both the mileage. Not yet used the good old full tank to full tank method to calculate mileage.
Oh ok got it now. Well since i haven't been on any trip as of now hence i didn't do this. Rightnow its all office and back. Will do this if i go out on a trip.
Old 1st December 2011, 09:57   #1114
BHPian

XUV AWD deliveries have commenced. some pics from xuv500 facebook page

Photos of Mahindra XUV500 | Facebook

Old 1st December 2011, 10:14   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Dont pay them till the time they confirm the delivery date. Koncept auto did the same to me but i stood my stand and paid margin money only when i got my delivery date confirmed from them as well as from Mahindra.
=============
Best of luck and let me know if you need any help in escalations or something.

Got a call from Mr. Santok at Koncept yesterday. It seems my AWD has suddenly become available (original delivery date was Feb 16) and he offered to give me the delivery in 2 days. I'm a bit suspicious here. I'd prefer to take the delivery in Jan/Feb - so that I get a 2012 model. But on this, he told me there is no gaurentee that the car I get next year wont be a 2011 car !? Is that right? Can they give me a 2-3 month old car? Should I fight this now? Please advise.

Also - Nitin - all of them vividly remember you The minute I refered to your experience, I saw a dramatic change in facial expressions !!
Old 1st December 2011, 13:19   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead View Post
I'm sorry for missing this in my earlier post. Once other problem is that while the speaker volume is sufficiently loud with the phone connection, I have to literally shout to get my voice accross and sound feeble to the other party. Is there any remedy? How can I increase the microphone volume?
I asked the same to the technical team at the workshop, They say there is no adjustment for the same, all you can do is increase the volume of the audio controller and talk. Infact i was told that there is a difference when you use a blackberry and a nokia the other person can hear you better when you use a nokia hand set
Old 1st December 2011, 13:36   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot77in View Post
On another note, I am getting my red W6 this Friday.Is there a recommended security system or is the immobilisor good enough? I would have liked to reinforce the security but not sure which to go for. My Wagon R has been pretty well protected all these years by a simple gear lock, not sure we can install one in the XUV too ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The more security systems the better. Immobilizer will prevent someone from duplicating your key and driving away. Security systems like Autocop, Xenos will sound an alert when someone intrudes your car. This would help to secure the inside of your car and your ICE.

It is not a bad suggestion to go in for a GSM security sysyem, which has features to turn off your car engine remotely in the unlikely event of a theft. GSM system for 13K will protect your 13 lacs XUV
Hi,i'll suggest that you guys go for a GPS tracker with geo-fencing and remote immobiliser rather than just a security system(I feel its better to spend some more amount on security rather than on other accessories.).I've had an experience with it but then thieves are very good at breaking into the security system,be it Autocop or Nippon.Not sure if the particular Bolero had company provided immobiliser.Read on and enjoy- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ts-inside.html
Old 1st December 2011, 14:03   #1118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
I'd prefer to take the delivery in Jan/Feb - so that I get a 2012 model. But on this, he told me there is no gaurentee that the car I get next year wont be a 2011 car !? Is that right? Can they give me a 2-3 month old car? Should I fight this now? Please advise.
He is correct in a way. All the products manufactured in the Dec month will be available for deliveries in Jan 2012 and that could go upto Feb 2012 depending on the volume of production and time taken for transit.

So if you need a 2012 manufactured vehicle, you might want to take delivery in March or so. Again you should be happy with a 2012 Jan registration right? That should solve the issue of lower re-sale? I don't think any pre-owned car buyer would bother about manufacturing date; they would rather bother about registration month that the owner mention.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st December 2011 at 14:04.
Old 1st December 2011, 14:23   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
He is correct in a way. All the products manufactured in the Dec month will be available for deliveries in Jan 2012 and that could go upto Feb 2012 depending on the volume of production and time taken for transit.

So if you need a 2012 manufactured vehicle, you might want to take delivery in March or so. Again you should be happy with a 2012 Jan registration right? That should solve the issue of lower re-sale? I don't think any pre-owned car buyer would bother about manufacturing date; they would rather bother about registration month that the owner mention.
The manufactured year will be written on RC book, right? Even if the registration date shows 2012, the model year will be written as 2011.
Old 1st December 2011, 14:30   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells

The manufactured year will be written on RC book, right? Even if the registration date shows 2012, the model year will be written as 2011.
I am not sure about that.
When I registered my fabia its production month was feb 2009 but I bought it in jul 2009 and the rc shows manufactured month as same as the registration month..
mayank123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 15:06   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manij View Post
Thanks m_upreti and ACM. I can actually think of multiple benefits of the side facing third row of seats - including the folks sitting there having access to their own door and being able to get on/off without disturbing folks in the second row; more flexibility for luggage space and removing perception that there is no luggage space in the XUV500 et al. I do struggle quite a bit with luggage space on my Xylo, and not having the split seats option on the third row is seats is probably a big reason. I do realize the advantages of front facing seats on all rows as well as the disadvantages of side facing ones, but all things considered would still like the side facing seats for the third row. Can subsist on ml, llllllll y Xylo till then. Just my 2 cents.
I think there is huge drawback of side facing seats. If you are on a long drive with people sitting in last row - they are bound to have neck pain after the drive
Old 1st December 2011, 15:07   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manij View Post
Thanks m_upreti and ACM. I can actually think of multiple benefits of the side facing third row of seats - including the folks sitting there having access to their own door and being able to get on/off without disturbing folks in the second row; more flexibility for luggage space and removing perception that there is no luggage space in the XUV500 et al. I do struggle quite a bit with luggage space on my Xylo, and not having the split seats option on the third row is seats is probably a big reason. I do realize the advantages of front facing seats on all rows as well as the disadvantages of side facing ones, but all things considered would still like the side facing seats for the third row. Can subsist on ml, llllllll y Xylo till then. Just my 2 cents.
It is after all a question of personal preferences, but none of the current 12 Lac + SUV's sport the side facing seats, may be M&M can think of a foldable design to configure both way facing seats in one set, but as ACM points out it is alll a questions of sales, why change if it is selling as it is .
Old 1st December 2011, 15:38   #1123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
It is after all a question of personal preferences, but none of the current 12 Lac + SUV's sport the side facing seats, may be M&M can think of a foldable design to configure both way facing seats in one set, but as ACM points out it is alll a questions of sales, why change if it is selling as it is .
Doubt that the XUV will ever be able to offer side facing seats in the rear, as the floorplate of the XUV in the rear is designed only for front facing seats. For side facing seats you need an entirely different floorplate. Under the existing floorplate it also accommodates all the other components like exhaust, fuel tank and transmission. So any change in the rear floorplate requires most of these components to be repositioned.
Some vehicles like the Scorpio, which offer both, were designed with that intent from the drawing board.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 1st December 2011 at 15:43.
Old 1st December 2011, 18:59   #1124
BHPian

\\\

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank123 View Post
I am not sure about that.
When I registered my fabia its production month was feb 2009 but I bought it in jul 2011 and the rc shows manufactured month as same as the registration month..
Mods,please,delete the post
Both warranty and Registration are considered after the car is BILLED in the customers name, They have no connection to the manufacturing date of the vehicle.

Here are some pictures of XUV vs Fortuner.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2011111401742.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2011111401743.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2011111401744.jpg  

noidaboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 20:24   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The more security systems the better. Immobilizer will prevent someone from duplicating your key and driving away. Security systems like Autocop, Xenos will sound an alert when someone intrudes your car. This would help to secure the inside of your car and your ICE.

It is not a bad suggestion to go in for a GSM security sysyem, which has features to turn off your car engine remotely in the unlikely event of a theft. GSM system for 13K will protect your 13 lacs XUV
The GSM System might not be of that help . In my brother's car this used to send 20-25 SMS/ day and some times even more . My brother got frustrated and had it removed . It was frustrating to receive so much SMS at one go. If i am right , we had T COP installed .

Most Viewed