Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 23:44   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

If I were in M&M Sales team, i would have announced a FIFO System. I feel the first person in queue should get priority. They can have open bookings like hyundai verna. I do not understand what is mahindra's problem when a customer is prepared to wait for months together till delivery.
Old 18th January 2012, 09:40   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath
If I were in M&M Sales team, i would have announced a FIFO System. I feel the first person in queue should get priority. They can have open bookings like hyundai verna. I do not understand what is mahindra's problem when a customer is prepared to wait for months together till delivery.
My guess - with FIFO & an SAP CRM in place it's getting very difficult to fulfill the need of a few. Lottery takes care of that.
Old 18th January 2012, 09:45   #1668
Senior - BHPian

What is with M&M? Find the lottery concept utterly ridiculous. It would have been best if they focused upon re-launching XUV after correcting issues to proper tunes to satisfy customers and giving them niggle-free car from Day 1 of the ownership and keep to plain simple FIFO system to give the customers the true feeling of getting their worth of efforts and money. Have they really sorted out all issues to be able claim XUV to be won over in a Lottery jackpot?
Old 18th January 2012, 09:58   #1669
Senior - BHPian

OT,

Launched in Kerala last day. Starts at 11.25lac @ cochin
Old 18th January 2012, 09:59   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
XUV500 W8 AWD model will not be available for the 2nd lot of bookings as per info posted at M&M website

Due to the pending bookings of phase 1, we are not offering AWD in 2nd phase of bookings.
And why are these bookings pending? Because no production is happening.
And why is production not happening? because "Bookings are pending".

Hello Mahindra, who is going to listen to this crap. You are already making a joke by announcing this lottery system for new bookings. I strongly suspect this to be some problem in AWD mechanism. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 18th January 2012 at 10:06.
Old 18th January 2012, 10:20   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Got my Black AWD 2 days back. Very fine vehicle. Iam starting to like it, but not driven it quite yet { 200 Kms }. Maybe there is not yet any niggles or Iam soo blinded in love to notice all those things. One thing I've noted, when I give some acceleration and release the clutch in the first and second gear, I hear a loud thud, similar to the ones I get in my jeep if the joints are loose or worn out, its as if the is a play between the engine and the drive terrain, any idea guys?

Guys any idea?...:-(
Old 18th January 2012, 10:37   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Got my Black AWD 2 days back. Very fine vehicle. Iam starting to like it, but not driven it quite yet { 200 Kms }. Maybe there is not yet any niggles or Iam soo blinded in love to notice all those things. One thing I've noted, when I give some acceleration and release the clutch in the first and second gear, I hear a loud thud, similar to the ones I get in my jeep if the joints are loose or worn out, its as if the is a play between the engine and the drive terrain, any idea guys?
Doc, firstly, Congrats on the XUV500

Reg. the issue that you mentioned, maybe it is to do with the hydraulic actuation mechanism of the clutch. You should get it checked at the Mahindra dealer immediately, to avoid undue wear and tear.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 12:08   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Yep, tried that too. We opened the tailgate and test drove with the tailgate open to see if the noise comes from up there or elsewhere. It was clearly coming from somewhere in the underbody right rear. Thats the last one we did, after which they wanted to dismantle the AC cooling coil !!
JeepSomeday, I'm delighted to inform you that the khat khat noise, has been done away, I have driven the car myself to double check this. Apparently there was a manufacturing defect in the Front RHS shocker bracket, and they changed the entire assembly. You may now get yours done without having to tear-off anything else.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 12:16   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Here is some information regarding the lottery from Mahindra XUV500

Why is M&M doing the draw in the 2nd phase of booking for XUV500?
- M&M would like to give equal opportunity to people to apply for XUV500.
- We also would like to keep the waiting period up to a maximum of 4 months.
- Therefore to ensure that the process is fair & transparent, M&M has decided to undertake a unique draw in case the booking requests exceed 7200.
This is a joke, what does M&M think itself to be, are they gifting away the vehicle, personally I would not queue up for this kind of a circus even if it (free) was the case.

My suggestions to M&M as an existing M&M product owner:

1. Make the vehicle perfect (almost) first & dont make guinea pigs out of
customers.
2. Increase the production capacity, I think the first lot sales would have
given enough inputs on the sales.
3. Remember that the free run is there only till there is no competition,
with more SUV's (minor differences here and there) coming in things
would become interesting in the very near future (Honda learnt this the
hard way with City despite having an excellent product).
4. Fire the people who had the idea of lottery
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 12:50   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseling View Post
Chalta hai !: M&M doing a Tata Nano !

Wrote a blog highlighting the points mentioned by various members on the forum. Posted the same on XUV facebook page and tweeted the link to Mr. Mahindra. Don't know if any action would be taken but in all "fairness", worth a shot.

I think tbhp members can send a strong statement to manufacturers on their FB page (remember how skoda was running like headless chicken?). This is ridiculous, not just lottery system but overall customer management.

Well, I was the first one who commented on this blog. Brilliantly written.
Now, Mr. Pawan Goenka replied to this blog (I still don't know if he is the genuine Pawan Goenka or someone faking his ID *** Side effects of working in IT industry makes my suspicious).
But, I have also replied to his post in the blog. Hope he replies again. If not, atleast he reads my query.
Old 18th January 2012, 13:01   #1676
BHPian

To All Those Ridiculing The Lottery System As Proposed By M & M for XUV:

Here's My Take On This...

To be fair to M&M, gauging the initial response to the vehicle, they were expecting at least 8000 bookings on day 1 (as per Hormazd's Tweet a few days ago) and add to that another 10-15k in next few days. Had they adopted FIFO system, it would hve created quite a chaos in the whole system what with everybody grapelling to get the first booking !
As for the capacity, M&M has been quite swift to react to the situation and announced plans to increase capacity to 3k/mth (Jan onwards) and 4-4.5k.mth (Jun onwards) which is very unlike say a Toyota who had been commanding waiting periods for Innova & Fortuner for so long....
I trust, they hve been pretty fair and transparent for the second round and hopefully should end up managing the affairs in a better way than few other companies...
RickyC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 13:27   #1677
Team-BHP Support

I don't understand this tactic by M&M.

What exactly are they trying to achieve by conceptualizing this lottery competition? Are they trying to market this product> Don't you think they've already marketed it enough? It has caused quite a stir, and everyone's antennas are up, for the XUV.

So this lottery thing is something that goes beyond me.

When they have a product that requires some touch-up and correction here and there, they go ahead and start some kind of lottery instead.

I've got few things to say to M&M:

- Try and perfect the XUV, instead of making a lottery out of it. The XUV is not perfect, but it can be. Aim at improving the core of the product, before making silly competitions.

- Recall the early batch of XUVs and change all faulty parts free of cost. If you really want good marketing and good sales, this would go a long way in boosting that. After all, a customer's personal experience goes a long way in selling a car.
Old 18th January 2012, 13:36   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
To All Those Ridiculing The Lottery System As Proposed By M & M for XUV:

Here's My Take On This...

To be fair to M&M, gauging the initial response to the vehicle, they were expecting at least 8000 bookings on day 1 (as per Hormazd's Tweet a few days ago) and add to that another 10-15k in next few days. Had they adopted FIFO system, it would hve created quite a chaos in the whole system what with everybody grapelling to get the first booking !
This is exactly in line with Pawan Goenka's comment on the blog.I think they went with the lottery system to avoid Day 1 chaos. As mentioned in the tweet they ARE anticipating 8000 bookings on day 1 and Pawan is absolutely right that the whole process will lead to chaos in case someone books within 1 hour difference of somebody else. There is enough latent demand in the market for this product and with new cities opening up it will be difficult to monitor it on a realtime basis and close the bookings as soon as they reach 7200.

Personally I feel, they should have taken this call on EOD Day 1 to gauge the response and shut the bookings if the number exceeded 7200 and honor all the bookings on Day1.
Old 18th January 2012, 15:40   #1679
BHPian

A few more pics in addition to those posted earlier (link below)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2615552

The ones posted below were taken during a recent trip to Kashid beach. The XUV behaved very well and gave an avg of about 11-12 (has run only about 1.5k till now)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-0k03.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-0k04.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-0k05.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-0k09.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-0k13.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-0k14.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-0k15.jpg  

bikefreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 15:46   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Now, Mr. Pawan Goenka replied to this blog (I still don't know if he is the genuine Pawan Goenka or someone faking his ID *** Side effects of working in IT industry makes my suspicious).
The response to blog is now put up on the FB, twitter etc as well, so it was indeed Mr Goenka responding. This is one aspect of M and M which keeps impressing me. I have put in many queries on the other homegrown manufacturer's site (read TATA), but never even got an acknowledgement, but with Mahindra's across spectrum, when you raise an issue , its addressed, maybe not to your satisfaction, but addressed it is. And thats what keeps giving me hope and made me invest in the XUV. I know if I am not happy, I have the ears of the management, and I can get it addressed. Doesn't take away the fact that there shouldn't be issues with a 16Lac vehicles in the first place.

Most Viewed