Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 14:10   #2386
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

My FIL has booked a W8 (T.Red) at India Garage. During the booking process on 15th Apr 2012, we were asked to sign a declaration that we will have to buy the insurance from the dealer. If not, our booking would not be accepted. We refused to sign the document and informed them that we will report this to M&M. They reluctantly accepted our booking.

Yesterday received a call from them stating that the car will be delivered within a weeks time if we choose to finance the car through them!!! My FIL lost his cool and gave him a blasting .

Will report this unprofessional behaviour to M&M though i don't expect much from it
Old 5th May 2012, 14:14   #2387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
hey guys... bookings re-opening mid-june mostly. by the way, I am completely out of touch of the XUV threads, so any changes in gearbox and general improvement by the company in the second lot compared to the first lot?

saw a green XUV the other day. looks fab! reminds me of the land rover green!
Is the date from a firm source ? I would prefer that the bookings reopen at the same time when the Duster to be launched so that a choice can be made.
Old 5th May 2012, 14:45   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
It best not to wait for the Auto XUV. Manual is selling like hot cakes and still has a waiting period. I doubt M&M will launch one in the near future. I would say we can look forward to it for Diwali 2013. If they are just designing one, the need to test it both in factory as well as on a test mule on the street.

If you are planning to buy one, either settle for Manual XUV or some other Automatic (Scorpio et all).
Thanks Bharath. I am not planning to go for Scorpio as I have owned one in the past and sold it in 4 months. Definitely wanted Automatic because of traffic. But you are right...it does not make sense to wait till 2013 Diwali.
Old 5th May 2012, 22:15   #2389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Last I heard was that Mahidra research Vally is developing an automatic gear box, that will be used in XUV(TOI). May be it will take a while.
Spotted this test vehicle... couldn't click proper pics. Could this be an AT version?

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120505-12.39.46.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120505-12.39.46-copy.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-edit.jpg
Old 6th May 2012, 04:14   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Is the date from a firm source ? I would prefer that the bookings reopen at the same time when the Duster to be launched so that a choice can be made.
yes. the NBS showroom person told me. but she said it can delay a bit too like end of june as the they have a pending order of 800 cars. new bookings will start after that. i think again it will open only for 10-15 days only.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 05:42   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Spotted this test vehicle... couldn't click proper pics. Could this be an AT version?
This XUV has steel rims and black ORVMs so could be the W4 version.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 07:56   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal

same date, same dealer/location, same experience

tried mahindra helpline but same response

Have left all hopes, have told my 4 year old that xuv uncle does not want our car to get wet so they will give us the new car post monsoon
Finally got a call from G3 on the expected delivery date - 21 july
Old 6th May 2012, 10:32   #2393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Finally got a call from G3 on the expected delivery date - 21 july
I guess you got it in the second phase right? Why July 21! You should get it way before that. They have confirmed 15 days to delivery for people making the full payment (guys from 3rd phase of booking - who didnt get lucky with lottery).

That also reminds me a question, I have read people making full payment only after the vehicle leaves factory or a couple days before the delivery date. Is it ok to pay full amount when they are confirming 15 days to delivery?
Old 6th May 2012, 11:01   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
That also reminds me a question, I have read people making full payment only after the vehicle leaves factory or a couple days before the delivery date. Is it ok to pay full amount when they are confirming 15 days to delivery?
I think it should be ok since it is something dealers doing with M&M approval. But I feel you need to only pay the Ex-showroom price to get the billing done at factory and once you see the vehicle and done with PDI, you can pay up the insurance and registration charges.

--(HCP>
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 14:32   #2395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
My FIL has booked a W8 (T.Red) at India Garage. During the booking process on 15th Apr 2012, we were asked to sign a declaration that we will have to buy the insurance from the dealer. If not, our booking would not be accepted. We refused to sign the document and informed them that we will report this to M&M. They reluctantly accepted our booking.
Will report this unprofessional behaviour to M&M though i don't expect much from it
Thats attrocious. there has been a few reports which i have read here that the insurance is around 48k in M&M dealerships and people who have negotiated have got it for 33k outside. there is no rule that you have to get insurace done by them. give them a blast
Old 6th May 2012, 14:46   #2396
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

The extreme front-end design will surely lead to polarized opinions. I, for one, don’t dislike it, but someone like GTO just couldn't digest it. Admittedly, the front does grow on you after spending some time with the vehicle, while 8 / 10 people who saw the XUV in person actually liked the face.
In this post I had read that GTO did not like the front look of the vehicle. At that point I was perhaps too smitten by this SUV and so thought that GTO was loosing it.

Today I happened to see XUV after about three weeks and I immediately felt that the front was looking too tired already.

You sure are perceptive, GTO.
Old 6th May 2012, 15:26   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Thats attrocious. there has been a few reports which i have read here that the insurance is around 48k in M&M dealerships and people who have negotiated have got it for 33k outside. there is no rule that you have to get insurace done by them. give them a blast
This has become a common practice everywhere now. If customer is not well informed about the insurance amount, the showrooms will rip such people and charge almost double.

Same happend to me when I was dealing with a Vento highline purchase for my brother. The dealer quote for insurance was 48K and I bought a better insurance with B2B and 2 lakhs personal coverage for 27K. If I would have taken the same configurastion as per dealer, I could have got it for 24K including all taxes from the same insurance company.

So I would always reveal the insurance part to dealer at the last moment that I am taking care of it myself, and get all discounts and freebies before they get the news

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 6th May 2012 at 15:29.
Old 6th May 2012, 16:14   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
If customer is not well informed about the insurance amount, the showrooms will rip such people and charge almost double.So I would always reveal the insurance part to dealer at the last moment that I am taking care of it myself, and get all discounts and freebies before they get the news
I got my XUV from Sireesh Auto Bangalore and they also quoted Rs 48,000/- insurance amount ( Regular insurance) for my AWD from Royal Sundaram. I went online and got a quote from Royal Sundaram for Rs 33,500/- for Zero depreciation insurance, got a print out and showed it to the showroom and they agreed to give me the same .
Old 6th May 2012, 20:45   #2399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
yes. the NBS showroom person told me. but she said it can delay a bit too like end of june as the they have a pending order of 800 cars. new bookings will start after that. i think again it will open only for 10-15 days only.
Thanks for the information, even though I want to change my Scorpio now, I may possibly put this off untill I have a chance to see the Duster and compare & by the time I hope more of the niggles in the XUV are sorted out.
Old 6th May 2012, 22:29   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thanks for the information, even though I want to change my Scorpio now, I may possibly put this off untill I have a chance to see the Duster and compare & by the time I hope more of the niggles in the XUV are sorted out.
your welcome. The Duster looks good but i think it is a segment lower compared to the XUV. and going by the renault's strategy, it will come with the same 1.5L Diesel engine as the logan, micro and even the fluence! I highly doubt it will be even in the state of tune as the one in the fluence. read somewhere that it will be just about 85 BHP! that puts me off immediately! the XUV seems to be a far capable car on the highway at least engine wise. even the scorpio looks better engine wise. if only renault would give a 2L engine... but then again it didn't do that even with the fluence!

I also highly doubt that it will have all the gizmos that the XUV comes with. the mahindra have surely gone over board in every department when it comes to the XUV leaving hardly any scope for other cars in competition!
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks