Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Here is the recent price in Bangalore:
BASIC PRICE MAHINDRA XUV500 1155428.00
VAT 14% 161760.00
ROAD TAX & HANDLING CHARGES 255053.00
INSURANCE 51740.00

With dealer quoted insurance ON ROAD PRICE is 1623981.00

Reducing insurance the total cost will come to 15,72241. With B2B comprehensive insurance from Future Generali for 43,810 RS the total on road is 16,16051 RS for me at Bangalore.

Gear engagement is a leap forward on new vehicles coming now. The 2 vehicles I test drove one was from first batch and the second one was feb manufactured. The gear engagement is much better in later. But still there is a lot of scope for improvement here.

As per what we hear from the owners on the niggles thread electronics improved after software updates etc. Though still stands as the weakest spot of XUV.

Fit and finish remain same. I couldn't see any visible difference in new vehicles.
Can you please look up and tell me the month of manufacture of your vehicle? The one I have been allotted looks like was manufactured in March obviously to cater to the demand of people who won the lottery. But I am taking delivery over the week-end which is around 18th May. I am wondering if the car has been in the yard for close to a month now.
Old 16th May 2012, 18:11   #2462
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Old 16th May 2012, 19:07   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
The XUV does not have a reverse horn. But I remember that the XUV's reverse sensor chime is quite loud and can be heard outside.

So what Zappo heard could have been the reverse sensors and not a reverse horn.
Must eat humble pie here, had given the vehicle for 2nd service today. They had flashed the ECU in the service. When I came to park at my place now, was mildly shocked to hear the reverse sound working.

I immediately called my RM who clarified that the reverse horn can be activated via the ECU updater by the A** & that they had done that for me during the flashing. So there it goes, Reverse horn is present in the XUV.
anandtheleo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 19:13   #2464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
3)There is no inbuilt reverse horn in the XUV, mine does not have one. And I have not heard it on other XUV's when I had gone to the A** for service and saw them being moved around with no reverse horn chiming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
The XUV does not have a reverse horn. But I remember that the XUV's reverse sensor chime is quite loud and can be heard outside.

So what Zappo heard could have been the reverse sensors and not a reverse horn.
I am positive it is there in at least one car. It belongs to someone in my office who bought it almost at the same time as I did. Now, it could be a bug that acts as a reverse horn for him. It is the chime of the security system. The sound that it makes is a very mild "peek---peek---peek". So, a mild "peek" followed by a short break and then another "peek" sound. I have heard this almost similar sound from my vehicle only when I opened the door with the key when it was central locked through remote.
Old 16th May 2012, 19:17   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I am positive it is there in at least one car. It belongs to someone in my office who bought it almost at the same time as I did. Now, it could be a bug that acts as a reverse horn for him. It is the chime of the security system. The sound that it makes is a very mild "peek---peek---peek". So, a mild "peek" followed by a short break and then another "peek" sound. I have heard this almost similar sound from my vehicle only when I opened the door with the key when it was central locked through remote.
You are absolutely right as my post above confirms. It is almost the same sound (chime) that comes when we lock the vehicle with one of the door open.
Old 16th May 2012, 19:25   #2466
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You are absolutely right as my post above confirms. It is almost the same sound (chime) that comes when we lock the vehicle with one of the door open.
You mean, this reverse horn thingie is for real and comes with the car and not a bug? Or do you mean to say that its the security alarm that must be getting triggered on engaging reverse (result of a bug) in my friend's XUV?

PS: By the way folks, how do you get a membership to the Mahindra' exclusive XUV club (is that called Purple Patch or something)? I have not yet heard anything either from M&M or the dealer.

PS: Looks like at least 1 dealer in Hyd is giving a complementary 1 year additional warranty free of cost :o to its buyers. The other dealer (there are only 2 here) insists that all those dealer warranties are of zero value and 3 years down the line there won't be anyone ready to honor those warranties. Basically, I was looking for extended warranty which apparently is not yet available from M&M. Your take on it?

Last edited by Zappo : 16th May 2012 at 19:30.
Old 16th May 2012, 19:33   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
You mean, this reverse horn thingie is for real and comes with the car and not a bug? Or do you mean to say that its the security alarm that must be getting triggered on engaging reverse (result of a bug) in my friend's XUV?

PS: By the way folks, how do you get a membership to the Mahindra' exclusive XUV club (is that called Purple Patch or something)? I have not yet heard anything either from M&M or the dealer.

PS: Looks like at least 1 dealer in Hyd is giving a complementary 1 year additional warranty free of cost :o to its buyers. The other dealer (there are only 2 here) insists that all those dealer warranties are of zero value and 3 years down the line there won't be anyone ready to honor those warranties. Basically, I was looking for extended warranty which apparently is not yet available from M&M. Your take on it?
Yes, the reverse horn is for "Real". It is there in ALL XUV's from day one. But it has to be enabled by the A** using the ECU updater.

By default it is in OFF position. All this info I gathered from today's interaction with my RM this evening and so whatever I said till this afternoon is defunct.

About the extended warranty I was speaking with my RM today. His information was that he has been instructed to give the extended warranty coupon for vehicles allotted in the 1st lot, i.e those who booked & received their vehicle in Oct/Nov 2011. Since these vehicles would have come for compulsory first service by February, they were the only ones who were to get these. All vehicles from 2012 did not get it. This is purely my RM' POV. If someone else (2012 XUV guys) have got it, please do keep us informed.

Also asked for getting a extended warranty beyond the 2+1 I got, but the RM has said no info regarding this from Mahindra.

Last edited by anandtheleo : 16th May 2012 at 19:42. Reason: Extra info
Old 16th May 2012, 20:18   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupin22 View Post
Can you please look up and tell me the month of manufacture of your vehicle? The one I have been allotted looks like was manufactured in March obviously to cater to the demand of people who won the lottery. But I am taking delivery over the week-end which is around 18th May. I am wondering if the car has been in the yard for close to a month now.
Tupin,
I have not taken the delivery of car yet. As per dealer the vehicle landed in Bangalore stockyard two days back and he said it is definitely going to be March / April manufactured car. I have requested for the VIN. Hopefully will get it by tomorrow. Once I have it will confirm the manufacturing date.

My company lease got processed and it was sent to dealer today. Planning to take delivery by this weekend.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 20:24   #2469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also asked for getting a extended warranty beyond the 2+1 I got, but the RM has said no info regarding this from Mahindra.
What is this 2+1 warranty? I mean, I did not get anything above the standard 2 years warranty. Did you pay for it? Or did you get it as a part of the one from the previous year batch, as your RM said?
Old 16th May 2012, 20:28   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
What is this 2+1 warranty? I mean, I did not get anything above the standard 2 years warranty. Did you pay for it? Or did you get it as a part of the one from the previous year batch, as your RM said?
2 Years is standard warranty for all XUV's. I was given a 1 yr additional warranty card (unlimited kms) as complimentary during my 1st service since I had got my car in the initial batch. I got the vehicle on Nov 16th, first service was on Feb 15th.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:32   #2471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Must eat humble pie here, had given the vehicle for 2nd service today. They had flashed the ECU in the service. When I came to park at my place now, was mildly shocked to hear the reverse sound working.

I immediately called my RM who clarified that the reverse horn can be activated via the ECU updater by the A** & that they had done that for me during the flashing. So there it goes, Reverse horn is present in the XUV.
Gosh! Thanks!

so there is a lot more left to discover in the XUV. But 1 query - would a reverse horn look good in a 15 Lac car like the XUV?
Old 17th May 2012, 11:40   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
2 Years is standard warranty for all XUV's. I was given a 1 yr additional warranty card (unlimited kms) as complimentary during my 1st service since I had got my car in the initial batch. I got the vehicle on Nov 16th, first service was on Feb 15th.

Yes this is correct i also got additional 1year warranty card with unlimited km.... (i'll be sending my car for 2nd service 9.5 km done.)
Old 17th May 2012, 11:45   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004

Gosh! Thanks!

so there is a lot more left to discover in the XUV. But 1 query - would a reverse horn look good in a 15 Lac car like the XUV?
The reverse horn is not the blaring jingle that we get from aftermarket accessory shops. Its really muted and i personally like it. It wont wake the neighbours after a late night jaunt for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil

Yes this is correct i also got additional 1year warranty card with unlimited km.... (i'll be sending my car for 2nd service 9.5 km done.)
Heads up, the second service is just a routine check up, i paid Rs.365 for it. Please ensure you dont pay more than this.

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th May 2012 at 15:01. Reason: Rule 5b
Old 17th May 2012, 14:56   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo

Heads up, the second service is just a routine check up, i paid Rs.365 for it. Please ensure you dont pay more than this.
He he I paid 35 for second service
Old 17th May 2012, 15:48   #2475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
He he I paid 35 for second service
Interesting mate... how much you paid for 1st service than?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks