Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2012, 10:30   #3541
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
Vasuki, I understand that W6 may be manufactured less in quantity, however, 7 months is long time when people across India are getting delivery from 15 days to 90 days. I was quoting Debuda earlier, he is receiving within 60 days and he had ordered W6. And the color I ordered is also not rare or custom one(Black).
Hi balenoboy,

I booked a Dolphin Grey XUV W6 on the 16 of August. The dealer gave me a date of December (I too am opting for a company lease). When i called him yesterday he said he may get the vehicle in late November. I had called up the Mahindra call center (18001027006) to get some updates. they too said 3 months is the expected time. The good thing was they were able to give me the order number and date of booking by the dealer by matching the mobile number I registered with them.

Both our cars being the same variant the increased waiting period for Hyderabad is a little puzzling. I suggest you give a call to the call center with the bill the dealer gave you and casually ask them about the status of your booking. they would be able to give you the date you booked the car and the expected date of delivery etc. This would ensure that the dealer has booked your vehicle on the right date and they are not taking you for a ride.

If they are also telling you the same then ask the dealer the delivery time of the other colors. The Black W6 comes with beige interiors and beige cloth seat covers. I really don’t think just this difference would warrant an extra 3 months of waiting but it could be possible that the demand for the black XUV W6 may be lesser than the other colors due to this and hence the extra time. This is just my thought. I may be completely wrong here, but it does seem funny that you are the only person in this forum who has got such a high waiting period for his XUV.

Last edited by gandalf : 12th October 2012 at 10:32. Reason: Rephrasing
Old 12th October 2012, 16:55   #3542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
I find the 7 month waiting period very odd, if you are looking for a standard color. Especially, when others all around seem to be getting theirs in 15 to 90 days. Maybe you can check if W8 will be delivered quicker? Also, it might be worthwhile to visit AML, as well, and check with them casually. I hope Saurabh is a decent chap who can help you out. At least they need to give you a plausible reason on why you are being given such 'special treatment'. If you are unable to get a suitable resolution, you can try FB and finally use Twitter to reach the big buy (Anand Mahindra) or his next in line. You can also probably get some support from some of our fellow boarders who might be able to help you reach out to the right folks at M&M.
Thanks for your input on the mats. I called Ambica Auto and plan to visit them once I have the beast in my hands.
Good that I am of some use to you. let me know if you face difficulty with Ambica. Shop looks small but then service is good.

Anyways, as said, I just checked with AML and they are promising within 60 - 75 days. I am thinking to shift my booking to this dealer to get it faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
Hi balenoboy,

I booked a Dolphin Grey XUV W6 on the 16 of August. The dealer gave me a date of December (I too am opting for a company lease). When i called him yesterday he said he may get the vehicle in late November. I had called up the Mahindra call center (18001027006) to get some updates. they too said 3 months is the expected time. The good thing was they were able to give me the order number and date of booking by the dealer by matching the mobile number I registered with them.

Both our cars being the same variant the increased waiting period for Hyderabad is a little puzzling. I suggest you give a call to the call center with the bill the dealer gave you and casually ask them about the status of your booking. they would be able to give you the date you booked the car and the expected date of delivery etc. This would ensure that the dealer has booked your vehicle on the right date and they are not taking you for a ride.

If they are also telling you the same then ask the dealer the delivery time of the other colors. The Black W6 comes with beige interiors and beige cloth seat covers. I really don’t think just this difference would warrant an extra 3 months of waiting but it could be possible that the demand for the black XUV W6 may be lesser than the other colors due to this and hence the extra time. This is just my thought. I may be completely wrong here, but it does seem funny that you are the only person in this forum who has got such a high waiting period for his XUV.
Gandalf, Thanks for sharing the thoughts. I asked them if I change color, how soon I can get it, their answer is that it will be a fresh booking and we will know the CPD after booking the new vehicle of new color. I don't think I can take that rish at this point of time with priority status given to me.

One more thing - The number you gave me is for 24/7 road side assistance number. It is shocking to me that I am unable to connect to that number from Landline or mobile even after 50 trials till now).
Old 12th October 2012, 17:50   #3543
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing - The number you gave me is for 24/7 road side assistance number. It is shocking to me that I am unable to connect to that number from Landline or mobile even after 50 trials till now).
Sorry, I made a mistake in giving you the number . the correct number is 18002667000
Old 15th October 2012, 10:22   #3544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Yes some small problems are there like :

- Doors could be more perfect in closing, compared to my BRIO
- Some times in re circulation mode some outside smell is creeping in.
- Some odd creaking & squeaking noise when going through rough terrains(KERALA ROAD's)
With respect to above issues as qouted by me and for OIL change, I visited ASC on friday.

- Regarding Doors closing, he told me the issue is due to the air pressure and demonstrated the same. So in effect , there was no issue at all just me getting paranoid, after reading XUV Niggles thread

- Regarding outside smell in re-circulation mode, service engineer told me that XUV does not filter 100% air. Some smell does come in depending upon the smell quotient. I find this strange as my earlier car, Hyundai Elantra Crdi(2004 Model), had a perfect air filtration system with no foul smell coming in.

- 3rd issue may be just me getting freaked out, any way would like to closely monitor for squeaks and creaks if any at all. One thing for sure, if we follow GTO's advise(I don't remember which post), and play the audio system together with air conditioner on, no squeaks, creaks etc.; are noticeable. BTW it does helps to have poor hearing capacity

First hand experience with RM & Service engineer was really cordial & warm. Some complaints regarding availability of accessories like footstep & body side molding.

So in general pretty satisfied with my steed, and if MODS may excuse, to hell with the XUV NIGGLES thread.
Vasuki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 11:07   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
Good that I am of some use to you. let me know if you face difficulty with Ambica. Shop looks small but then service is good.

Anyways, as said, I just checked with AML and they are promising within 60 - 75 days. I am thinking to shift my booking to this dealer to get it faster.
Good luck BalenoBoy! Hope you are able to find a way to get your hands on the XUV earlier. I also checked informally with some of the folks at the showroom, and they seemed to think that most W8's are being delivered in 2-3 months. They expect a bit of demand for the AWD, but felt the W6 time would depend a lot on the color. I am still puzzled about your case though. Anyways, good luck with AML

Quote:
With respect to above issues as qouted by me and for OIL change, I visited ASC on friday.

- Regarding Doors closing, he told me the issue is due to the air pressure and demonstrated the same. So in effect , there was no issue at all just me getting paranoid, after reading XUV Niggles thread

- Regarding outside smell in re-circulation mode, service engineer told me that XUV does not filter 100% air. Some smell does come in depending upon the smell quotient. I find this strange as my earlier car, Hyundai Elantra Crdi(2004 Model), had a perfect air filtration system with no foul smell coming in.

- 3rd issue may be just me getting freaked out, any way would like to closely monitor for squeaks and creaks if any at all. One thing for sure, if we follow GTO's advise(I don't remember which post), and play the audio system together with air conditioner on, no squeaks, creaks etc.; are noticeable. BTW it does helps to have poor hearing capacity

First hand experience with RM & Service engineer was really cordial & warm. Some complaints regarding availability of accessories like footstep & body side molding.

So in general pretty satisfied with my steed, and if MODS may excuse, to hell with the XUV NIGGLES thread.
Thanks for sharing your experiences Vasuki! This gives us all a lot of confidence! I hope some of the unnecessary XUV bashing will go down as we hear more and more feedback from the owners..
DoneAndDusted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 21:23   #3546
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding outside smell in re-circulation mode, service engineer told me that XUV does not filter 100% air. Some smell does come in depending upon the smell quotient. I find this strange as my earlier car, Hyundai Elantra Crdi(2004 Model), had a perfect air filtration system with no foul smell coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Thanks for sharing your experiences Vasuki! This gives us all a lot of confidence! I hope some of the unnecessary XUV bashing will go down as we hear more and more feedback from the owners..
Outside smell in Recirc mode : IMHO, the main reason is not the inefficiency of filtration but the inefficiency of completely shutting off outside air in recirculation mode. In most cars, a small amount of outside air does get sucked in even when the AC is in recirculation mode. It could be due to flaps in the ventilation system not being fully air-tight (please remember that a very miniscule percentage of outside air can convey strong smells, especially foul ones) or even by design, i.e., a certain amount of ambient air allowed by design to be sucked inside the cabin so that the oxygen level does not go down to dangerous (for the occupants) levels over a period of time.

To hell with Niggles thread / XUV bashing : It is now an incontrovertible fact that far too many XUV's have experienced a plethora of problems, some pretty serious like catastrophic clutch failure. Thanks to forums like Team-BHP, XUV owners as well as prospective XUV buyers (like me) become aware of these problems. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. That is why the importance of forums like the XUV Niggles thread should not be underestimated.

It is a good thing that niggles / problems in successive batches of XUV's are showing a declining trend. But the pioneers of XUV ownership owe it to future generations of XUV owners (and to themselves) to keep reporting their problems dispassionately on such forums. M&M are, as it seems, listening.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 23:41   #3547
BHPian

Ok so tomorrow finally i am going for my XUV's PDI at the stockyard. I have to do the PDI at the stockyard as the car cannot be bought at the workshop before registration as it will be registered under my panvel place which is outside the octroi limit. so need to do my PDI at the stockyard and then they will start the registration process after I make the payment. the whole process will take a week or so. they have promised the delivery date of 24th Oct on my insistence.

also I was informed that the car is not alloted under my name. as the SA said that the car which is under my name will be delivered by the end of month or so. and since I want the car on 24th as promised earlier, I am being given this car. and the car which is being given to me was alloted to some other customer who has already received the car long time back. I was actually given the CPD of 17th Oct. but was later told that wont be possible so I insisted give me the car atleast by 24th. so god knows whats the actual story of allotment as I have been told 2 different things by 2 different people. but I am anyways accepting the car on 24th provided its proper and brand new.

Also I went through the specially prepared PDI checklist for XUV on this thread and apparently the list is pretty exhaustive! it goes on & on for 11 pages!

so I don't know how will it be possible to see sooo many details at the stockyard! it is next to impossible.

can people who have done the PDI using this list please tell me how did they went about their PDI.

SDP, Rohit bagai, Zappo and the guys please tell me about your experience.

thank you.
magikrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 07:04   #3548
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
..Also I went through the specially prepared PDI checklist for XUV on this thread and apparently the list is pretty exhaustive! it goes on & on for 11 pages!

so I don't know how will it be possible to see sooo many details at the stockyard! it is next to impossible.

can people who have done the PDI using this list please tell me how did they went about their PDI.

SDP, Rohit bagai, Zappo and the guys please tell me about your experience.

thank you.
I did start with the checklist religously from page 1 and in 10 minutes realized that it will take possbly 2-3 hours to go through it completely. There are also some areas which depend on you being able to drive the vehicle in the yard. In the yard, I was able to drive at <5kmph so getting a feel about the brakes etc was practically impossible.

So just go with the checklist in the spirit. Pick up some areas from the checklist and pay full attention to those. I spent a lot of time on exteriors, paint quality/variation, any scratches/dents/dings, ALL lights (headlights, turn indicators, cornering lights if possble, brake lights, fog lights), doors and locks, power windows AND interiors - infotainment system version and functioning of the many features especially bluetooth and navigation system, ambient lights, reading lights, AC , rear AC. I cranked the engine, stepped out, paid attention to vibrations and any other noise, any oil leakages etc.

Things like HHC, HDC, Cruise Control, ABS with EBD, ESP and airbags () can not be tested - definitely not in the yard. I spent around an hour in the yard and came out quite happy with what I saw. Don't forget to carry your camera!

Have fun!

Last edited by SDP : 16th October 2012 at 07:05.
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 12:13   #3549
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I was very confident about my Scorpio's reliability until I was stranded with my family twice due to clutch slave cylinder failure. Later I found out on this forum that many other earlier mhawk owners faced the same issue.

Given that this Mahindra's first unibody vehicle with transversely mounted engine, I wouldnt' get too arrogant until a couple of thousand miles on the odo.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 12:34   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I was very confident about my Scorpio's reliability until I was stranded with my family twice due to clutch slave cylinder failure. Later I found out on this forum that many other earlier mhawk owners faced the same issue.

Given that this Mahindra's first unibody vehicle with transversely mounted engine, I wouldnt' get too arrogant until a couple of thousand miles on the odo.

I'm not being arrogant and also will not be after couple of thousand miles. I definitely agree with other concerned members and owners that the niggles thread helped us to prepare for the eventualities that can occur with the vehicles. This thread also helped, Mahindra, to take corrective action, ofcourse if they are reading these posts, which I strongly believe they do.

But,IMHO, and being a owner, with inherent bias, feels that there is too much XUV bashing going on in the "XUV Niggles" thread. Nobody is against genuine issues, but for the sake of comment, lot of negativity is spread about the vehicle. If vehicle is so bad, it would not have raked 35000 + sales within a year of launch, So somewhere, something is right about this vehicle which ticks right boxes and in turn generate curiosity and following.

To all guys out there, who are waiting for the delivery and guys who are sitting on the fence, you can definitely consider this vehicle. It is a vehicle worth OWNING
Vasuki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 20:10   #3551
BHPian

Is the XUV 500 Prices being revised?. The Website says that Prices are being updated.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-price_rise.jpg  

Sarvodaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 20:52   #3552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Is the XUV 500 Prices being revised?. The Website says that Prices are being updated.
OCT 1st i saw this news (M&M Sept sales up 10% at 48,342 units; to hike prices soon)

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...on_763773.html

Good News for seller like me.
Old 16th October 2012, 20:54   #3553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
I received a SMS from my dealer yesterday (15.10.12) informing me that "Price of Mahindra XUV has increased upto Rs 2,000/-".

Earlier, on 04.09.12, I had received a similar SMS from my dealer informing me that "Price of Mahindra XUV has increased upto Rs 15,300/-".

I have been told that my W6 should arrive in a couple of days. Though the dealer was pestering me for full payment, I told him that I'll pay up only after PDI. I intend doing the registration and insurance myself.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 02:07   #3554
BHPian

Ok so I had my PDI at the stockyard today. couldn't do detailed PDI as it was getting late. the list remained in my hand which I couldn't go through completely while the PDI. just tried to check the stuffs which were infront of me and which I remembered. checked the vehicle inside out. looked ok and fine. couldn't check the exterior in detail as the car was covered in protective white plastic sheets and also couldn't drive the car at all as it was parked in the middle of the lot so would't have been possible without moving many other cars so just cranked up the engine and checked. seemed fine. so the whole PDI was short and completed in 20-25 odd minutes max. I was also informed that they do detailed PDI before delivering each and every vehicle so I think its not much required for us to do our PDI in the stock yard as we can hardly see and check things as most of it is covered. anyways alls well that ends well.

also saw the Rexton out there in dark purple shade similar to opulent purple of XUV. it was AWD automatic with beige interiors. looked premium. couldn't check the interiors as was in a hurry for PDI. by the way its launching on 18th Oct. and expected at around 20-22 lacs. doesn't look too imposing. maybe even a wee bit smaller than the XUV. but better than the competition for sure. should do good if priced well.

Last edited by magikrider : 17th October 2012 at 02:31.
magikrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 06:59   #3555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider
Ok so I had my PDI at the stockyard today. couldn't do detailed PDI as it was getting late. the list remained in my hand which I couldn't go through completely while the PDI. just tried to check the stuffs which were infront of me and which I remembered. checked the vehicle inside out. looked ok and fine. couldn't check the exterior in detail as the car was covered in protective white plastic sheets and also couldn't drive the car at all as it was parked in the middle of the lot so would't have been possible without moving many other cars so just cranked up the engine and checked. seemed fine. so the whole PDI was short and completed in 20-25 odd minutes max. I was also informed that they do detailed PDI before delivering each and every vehicle so I think its not much required for us to do our PDI in the stock yard as we can hardly see and check things as most of it is covered. anyways alls well that ends well.

also saw the Rexton out there in dark purple shade similar to opulent purple of XUV. doesn't look too imposing. maybe even a wee bit smaller than the XUV. but better than the competition for sure. should do good if priced well.
I was in a similar situation. Had to do more of a quick PDI as the stockyard was not conducive to help with the thorough PDI checklist. My dealer also told me the same thing about them doing a thorough PDI before delivering the vehicle. Was satisfied with the brief PDI. I guys I will only be able to check on the driving related items after taking delivery tomorrow. Can't wait!
Looking forward to see the rexton in flesh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks