Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2012, 20:32   #3616
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.singh View Post
Hello !

3) Is there a way to get an audible feedback when remote locking the car ? XUV has buzzer which goes off after 10 sec locking the car automatically (when left unlock). I was wondering if there is a DIY to get it work with the key fob.

Long Live
TEAM-BHP
Even I wanna know if the remote can make a puk-puk sound when unlocking or locking the car! Have to always look at the lights when locking it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Got my XUV yesterday morning. Was supposed to get it this evening but I get a call from Dad on Sunday morning at 10.00 A.M. asking me to come home by 11.00 to meet some business associates. Wifey is full of complaints as she said she wanted to get the house chores done etc. I said it will only take an hour or so but for some reason she kept delaying leaving home. Finally leave home and reach my parents place. As soon as I get off the car two guys who look very familiar open the Garage gates and there she was "My very own Black Cheetah". The RM, service head and India Garage Manager all standing there with chocolates, flowers and my XUV on a Sunday morning.

My wifey had planned the whole thing wherein she had spoken to the guys in India Garage to deliver my XUV at home. Hats off to the guys at India Garage, Chennai especially Mr. Srinivasan who is the GM, India Garage. You guys made me feel special with your very special service.

Loving every bit of it. Have already done 130 kms in my XUV. Will leave for a roadtrip tomorrow morning and cover over 1700 kms in the next 5 days. With the rains, this trip should really test the XUV. Will start my ownership thread once I am back on Sunday. Btw i got my XUV W6 black with full beige seats which look very nice compared to the beige and chocolate brown color seats. Are these in the new batch of vehicles or always been this way?
Your wife deserves some flowers and a nice treat as well!
Old 22nd October 2012, 23:10   #3617
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictactoe View Post
Finally I have booked w6 - back. Desperately wanted purple (rather my wife wanted it). However seems purple is not available in W6. So settled for black as I already have cars which are grey and silver. Delivery date not promised as yet - dealer claims should be in 15 days. I am ok if they deliver until diwali.
Congratulations! Purple is sure one of the best shades for XUV5OO. Black is good as well.

Wait for 4-5 days and start chasing the dealer and M&M about the delivery date.
Old 23rd October 2012, 00:39   #3618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
The light of the Rear AC switch does not come on, though the AC for the rear passenger is working. I have to check it manually to ensure the rear Ac outlets are working due to this. Looks like the switch has to be replaced.
FundaG
The Rear AC switch will only come on, when the third row compressor is on. The second row vents are tied with the front compressor and will start with the main AC.
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:02   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
Got my XUV yesterday morning.

Loving every bit of it. Have already done 130 kms in my XUV. Will leave for a roadtrip tomorrow morning and cover over 1700 kms in the next 5 days. With the rains, this trip should really test the XUV. Will start my ownership thread once I am back on Sunday.
Heartiest congratulations! The way your wife planned the surprise is wonderful and the dealership deserve praise for their active co-operation.

Looking forward to reading about your ownership experience.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:18   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
Hey Can you post the pictures in day light as it is little dark picture, I am unable to see them. Also, Try posting pictures of the all the three rows of matting.

Posting the same with Camera flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.singh View Post
The Rear AC switch will only come on, when the third row compressor is on. The second row vents are tied with the front compressor and will start with the main AC.
OK. Will check it out. I dont use the 3rd row at all.

FundaG
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20121022-11.33.59.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2012, 10:25   #3621
BHPian

Quote:

My wifey had planned the whole thing wherein she had spoken to the guys in India Garage to deliver my XUV at home. Hats off to the guys at India Garage, Chennai especially Mr. Srinivasan who is the GM, India Garage. You guys made me feel special with your very special service.

Loving every bit of it. Have already done 130 kms in my XUV. Will leave for a roadtrip tomorrow morning and cover over 1700 kms in the next 5 days. With the rains, this trip should really test the XUV. Will start my ownership thread once I am back on Sunday. Btw i got my XUV W6 black with full beige seats which look very nice compared to the beige and chocolate brown color seats. Are these in the new batch of vehicles or always been this way?
Congratulations on your W6. That's a neat surprise and special mention to your wife and sales team to pull this thing off.

We can see that Mahindra as a team is changing in outlook, as also from my personal experience since last one month. They are eager to help us out and follow up is done on regular basis.

Is the seat leather configuration in both W6 & W8 the same?
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:46   #3622
BHPian

Hey Guys, I have quick questions for all XUV Owners who have them for a while now.

What are the servicing intervals?

How much does a 1st, 2nd and 3rd service cost?

I need to make a decision in my car lease agreement, If the costs are huge, I think i will opt for Leasing company to take care of the car maintenance else I can take care of it and my lease would come down by 2.5K per month for 36 months.

Need your advice.
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:54   #3623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys, I have quick questions for all XUV Owners who have them for a while now.

I need to make a decision in my car lease agreement, If the costs are huge, I think i will opt for Leasing company to take care of the car maintenance else I can take care of it and my lease would come down by 2.5K per month for 36 months.

Need your advice.
1st service= 2K
2nd service= free
3rd service= should be around 7-8K i guess. can confirm on saturated as thats when my xuv is going for 3rd service.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:58   #3624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
1st service= 2K
2nd service= free
3rd service= should be around 7-8K i guess. can confirm on saturated as thats when my xuv is going for 3rd service.
THanks Nitin, Do you have any idea about the service intervals in time / Kms.

Also, can you let me know what is done in 1st, 2nd and 3rd services? What are replaced? what are cleaned?

Last edited by balenoboy : 23rd October 2012 at 23:20. Reason: adding more questions
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:57   #3625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
THanks Nitin, Do you have any idea about the service intervals in time / Kms.

Also, can you let me know what is done in 1st, 2nd and 3rd services? What are replaced? what are cleaned?
For that i would have to check my manual as i dont remember what all was changed. The thing i remember was that in 1st service, oil was changed, that was the reason bill was around 2K. 2nd service is a "majak" as there is nothing changed/replaced, just a normal check, hence the bill was zero (though i got breakpads changed during 2nd service). 3rd one is already over due by one and a half month but this coming Saturday i am going for it. It will include, Engine oil change, Filter change, axl oil change and general cleaning of air filter etc. So expecting it to be around 7-8k, lets see.

As for the intervals, well according to mahindra, we need to take her to Doctor every 3 months
First service was due 5K kms or 3 months(whichever comes first), 2nd at 10K or 6 months but from 3rd service on-wards, it changes to 10K or 3 months.
Mine had already crossed 9 months infact its already 11 months now for the 3rd service but didnt cross 20K as its still on 17K rightnow. After 3rd service, i would not take her to service station every 3 months for sure but will go by 10K kms instead.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 08:00   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Mine had already crossed 9 months infact its already 11 months now for the 3rd service but didnt cross 20K as its still on 17K rightnow. After 3rd service, i would not take her to service station every 3 months for sure but will go by 10K kms instead.
Since the service schedules are specified as xx KM / xx Months, whichever is earlier, won't it void the warranty if you exceed the Months limit, even if you have clocked less KM's? After all, we need to make full use of the 3-year warranty.
Old 24th October 2012, 08:43   #3627
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy

Need your advice.
Intervals - 5000, 10000, 20000 then every 10000 kms

5000 kms - engine oil + oil filter ( axle & tranfercase oil if it is a AWD)
10000 kms - clean a/c filter
20000 kms - engine oil,oil filter,fuel filter, gear box oil, clean a/c filter

All other activities are inspections
Old 24th October 2012, 10:20   #3628
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
Intervals - 5000, 10000, 20000 then every 10000 kms

5000 kms - engine oil + oil filter ( axle & tranfercase oil if it is a AWD)
10000 kms - clean a/c filter
20000 kms - engine oil,oil filter,fuel filter, gear box oil, clean a/c filter

All other activities are inspections
Slight correction.
The intervals you have mentioned are for engine oil+filter change.
The Service interval is 3months or 5000kms whichever is earlier. So every 3 months, irrespective of the KMs that you have logged (assumming they are lesser than 5000kms), one needs to visit the service center.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 10:49   #3629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Slight correction.
The intervals you have mentioned are for engine oil+filter change.
The Service interval is 3months or 5000kms whichever is earlier. So every 3 months, irrespective of the KMs that you have logged (assumming they are lesser than 5000kms), one needs to visit the service center.
3 Months is super short. So whats the expenditure, one should be looking at every 3 months ?
Old 24th October 2012, 11:23   #3630
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
3 Months is super short. So whats the expenditure, one should be looking at every 3 months ?
My understanding is: some of the 'services' are more of an 'inspection'.
e.g. 2nd service at 10000kms or 6 months - No oil-change - most likely 0 Rs expenditure to the customer.

Last edited by SDP : 24th October 2012 at 11:24.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed