Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 21:54   #3916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Does the W6 have cornering lamps? Confused between W6 & VLX. Running exceeds 4,000kms a month. 75% chauffeur driven.
According to the XUV5OO website, the W6 & W8 both have "Static bending projector headlamps with LED parking lights". Not sure if that's the same as what you've asked about.

Get the XUV, it's in a different class altogether compared to the Scorpio.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 17th January 2013 at 21:55.
Old 17th January 2013, 21:59   #3917
Team-BHP Support

The Car would be abused as well. Bad roads, construction sites, chauffeur driven, hence the apprehension.
Old 17th January 2013, 22:18   #3918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Car would be abused as well. Bad roads, construction sites, chauffeur driven, hence the apprehension.
Mahindra vehicles in general are quite robust; yes, those that look fancy-shmancy too! Moreover, even if you choose the Scorpio, it's not as if its suspension bushes are going to last a lot more than the XUV's. That's why I'd still recommend the XUV, with it's superior suspension setup. At least the passenger who is being chauffeur driven will have an easy time of it. In the Scorpio, he/she will be trying hard not to throw up in the middle seat! Plus, the mHawk Scorpio has had an infamous record of clutch problems - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...reak-down.html

Just my $0.02

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 17th January 2013 at 22:38.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 22:25   #3919
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

The link you have specified gets me back on forums/main-page.

Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 23:08   #3920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does the W6 have cornering lamps? Confused between W6 & VLX. Running exceeds 4,000kms a month. 75% chauffeur driven.
Quote:
Want only a Mahindra? I suggest you take a spin in the TATA contender & you will be sold on the middle row.

Among Mahindras, XUV should be the pick.
Old 17th January 2013, 23:16   #3921
BHPian

Watch the incredible XUV500 short films!‏

http://www.youtube.com/MahindraXUV500

Got the above link from M&M email.
Old 18th January 2013, 12:01   #3922
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Want only a Mahindra? I suggest you take a spin in the TATA contender & you will be sold on the middle row.

Among Mahindras, XUV should be the pick.
You will agree that when compared with a TML product, a M&M is relatively less prone to failures.

I really don't want to add further as if there are 10 TML (problematic) threads running, there might be a dozen for M&M, but still...

Hence the W6 is chosen over W8.
Old 19th January 2013, 00:45   #3923
BHPian

Quote:

You will agree that when compared with a TML product, a M&M is relatively less prone to failures.

I really don't want to add further as if there are 10 TML (problematic) threads running, there might be a dozen for M&M, but still...

Hence the W6 is chosen over W8.
Wise decision Sheel. M&M is now miles ahead of big brother TML and now that you have chosen the XUV, you will know why....

Did you find out if the W6 has cornering lamps too? I ask cos it is one of the most useful features on W8 and one of my favourites.

Do keep us updated about your ownership experience.

Regards.

Ar. Naved
Old 19th January 2013, 13:00   #3924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
As per the new video help file, the infotainment system shows "Hi customer_name" when powering on and "Bye customer_name" when powering off.

Mine shows "Hi ..." and "Bye ...".

Tried various menu options, but could not figure it out. Any idea, how to input the customer-name?
I too would like to know how to input the customer name (my W6 monochrome screen also has these "Hi" and "Bye" messages).

Quote:
The headlights of W6 and W8 are identical and very much include the cornering lamps. I find these lamps very useful.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 13:22   #3925
BHPian

Quick doubt about the static bending lamps. Are the bulbs on both sides supposed to light up at the same time? Mine does. I always thought these bending lamps are supposed to light up only in the direction in which the steering is turned.

Also about editing the welcome & exit messages, even I am pretty curious about it. The "Hi..." & "Bye..." looks like some SMS sent by a teen..
Old 19th January 2013, 14:42   #3926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus_500 View Post
Quick doubt about the static bending lamps. Are the bulbs on both sides supposed to light up at the same time? Mine does. I always thought these bending lamps are supposed to light up only in the direction in which the steering is turned.

This is normal. Nothing to worry.
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 15:51   #3927
BHPian

Got our XUV ! Yes. As I am based in England, my Dad went to the local Mahindra showroom on the 15/01/13 and got the car off the shelf yesterday on 16/01/13!! I was very surprised when on 15th evening he told me that we are getting the car tomorrow .

Today (17/01/13) I got the VIN which decodes to Nov 2012 manufacturing. Does that mean something was wrong in this car as XUV being a high demand car with a waiting list being delivered so late in January?

My dad had gone with a friend and the car looks fine with the odo showing 18kms.

The car:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0060_1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0061_1.jpg  

Old 20th January 2013, 08:12   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
Got our XUV ! Yes. As I am based in England, my Dad went to the local Mahindra showroom on the 15/01/13 and got the car off the shelf yesterday on 16/01/13!! I was very surprised when on 15th evening he told me that we are getting the car tomorrow .

Today (17/01/13) I got the VIN which decodes to Nov 2012 manufacturing. Does that mean something was wrong in this car as XUV being a high demand car with a waiting list being delivered so late in January?
Heartiest congratulations on getting your brand new XUV.

I would consider the Nov 2012 manufacturing date not unusual taking into account the time taken in transportation, etc.

BTW, it's not a good idea to allow your dealer to affix his sticker on a painted surface of your car. I suggest you have it removed soon otherwise it will become very difficult to remove later (removal may damage the paintwork once the sticker glue becomes hard). Dealers should put their stickers on glass surfaces where they can be easily scraped off.

Last edited by debuda : 20th January 2013 at 08:15.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 08:26   #3929
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Shibu! A couple of months should not be an issue. White is the most popular color and dealers do order based popular colors based on anticipated demand. So I am not surprised that the dealer had it in stock.

Your dad seems to have opted for most of the accessories.

Going by your location, when would you get a chance to lay your hands on your XUV?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 10:02   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
Got our XUV ! r:
Hi Shibu Congratulations on the new arrival. Hope you get to lay your hands on it soon !!
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks