Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2013, 10:23   #3931
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
Got our XUV ! Yes. As I am based in England, my Dad went to the local Mahindra showroom on the 15/01/13 and got the car off the shelf yesterday on 16/01/13!! I was very surprised when on 15th evening he told me that we are getting the car tomorrow .

The car:
Congratulations. Cool, so we can assume waiting period has finally come down drastically or is it one of case.

Take proper "Team BHP" PDI and take home the beast. Drive safe.
Old 20th January 2013, 10:31   #3932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post

Congratulations. Cool, so we can assume waiting period has finally come down drastically or is it one of case.

Its most likely a case of someone cancelling their booking. At least in Bangalore, the waiting period is around a month depending on color.
Old 20th January 2013, 11:28   #3933
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. Cool, so we can assume waiting period has finally come down drastically or is it one of case...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Its most likely a case of someone cancelling their booking. At least in Bangalore, the waiting period is around a month depending on color.
Have been receiving SMS from Mahindra stating "we have increased production based on demand & your XUV is available in 2-4 weeks time".
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 11:34   #3934
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have been receiving SMS from Mahindra stating "we have increased production based on demand & your XUV is available in 2-4 weeks time".
You booked? Based on your TD experience, did not believe you would.

Did you take any additional test drives?
Old 20th January 2013, 11:36   #3935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
You booked? Based on your TD experience, did not believe you would.

Did you take any additional test drives?
Nop. My number was taken by the dealership and I am getting SMS based on it. Don't plan to take another TD soon. Not till they sort out the brakes. That's the single most decision to rule the car out. We can live with rest of the stuffs, not bad brakes.
Old 20th January 2013, 19:52   #3936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Not till they sort out the brakes. That's the single most decision to rule the car out. We can live with rest of the stuffs, not bad brakes.
My car was manufactured in Nov 2012 and delivered on Jan 7, 2013 and I can assure you I am extremely happy with the brakes. The grip is really good. My sense is that from middle of last year they have made changes, and the new and old brake pads were photographed by Debuda and shown on Team BHP. I honestly don't think that this should be a deal breaker. Anyway, good luck with your decision
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 20:36   #3937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
My car was manufactured in Nov 2012 and delivered on Jan 7, 2013 and I can assure you I am extremely happy with the brakes. The grip is really good. My sense is that from middle of last year they have made changes, and the new and old brake pads were photographed by Debuda and shown on Team BHP. I honestly don't think that this should be a deal breaker. Anyway, good luck with your decision
From what I read on IAB or so, there is some update happening on XUV & hitting the market by Feb 2013 or so. I believe "brakes" are one thing they have focussed for this release as well (from the report). In that case, whatever current set up they have given is NOT the best I guess.
Old 20th January 2013, 22:10   #3938
BHPian

Quote:

I have oct,12 manufactured xuv. Though there is no noise in brakes but brakes are very soft. It does not give confidence in urgent braking. How soft or quick are your brakes?
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 01:19   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Heartiest congratulations on getting your brand new XUV.

I would consider the Nov 2012 manufacturing date not unusual taking into account the time taken in transportation, etc.

BTW, it's not a good idea to allow your dealer to affix his sticker on a painted surface of your car. I suggest you have it removed soon otherwise it will become very difficult to remove later (removal may damage the paintwork once the sticker glue becomes hard). Dealers should put their stickers on glass surfaces where they can be easily scraped off.
Thank you Debuda. I have already asked my Dad to get it removed as soon as possible when I saw the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congratulations Shibu! A couple of months should not be an issue. White is the most popular color and dealers do order based popular colors based on anticipated demand. So I am not surprised that the dealer had it in stock.

Your dad seems to have opted for most of the accessories.

Going by your location, when would you get a chance to lay your hands on your XUV?
Yes he did get all of the accessories for . Probably May or June, but I so disparately want to come right away.

Quote:
Hi Shibu Congratulations on the new arrival. Hope you get to lay your hands on it soon !!
Thanks Heavy Horse.

Quote:

Thanks Vasuki. I had emailed my friend the Team BHP PDI which I believe he went through.
shibu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 08:38   #3940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I have oct,12 manufactured xuv. Though there is no noise in brakes but brakes are very soft. It does not give confidence in urgent braking. How soft or quick are your brakes?
I feel my brakes are just right, neither hard nor soft. I've braked at low, medium and high speeds and they responded in exactly the way I expected them to. No locking of wheels and stopping in the distance I expected it to. I should also mention that I'm a defensive driver and keep reasonable space between me and the car ahead. So the first response is always to let go of the accelearator and then if required, start braking softly. Hard braking is usually not required, but I've had to do it on a couple of occasions, and there too, the experience has been good.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:39   #3941
BHPian

Quote:
I feel my brakes are just right, neither hard nor soft. I've braked at low, medium and high speeds and they responded in exactly the way I expected them to. No locking of wheels and stopping in the distance I expected it to. I should also mention that I'm a defensive driver and keep reasonable space between me and the car ahead. So the first response is always to let go of the accelearator and then if required, start braking softly. Hard braking is usually not required, but I've had to do it on a couple of occasions, and there too, the experience has been good.
But how about city traffic where either someone in front suddenly brakes hard or some biker makes a filmy style entry from no where or when one does not see a no sign speed breaker till the very end. One has to brake hard some times in such situation in city traffic.
I find it less confident and being a all disc brakes I expected to be far better. Actually I showed my car to my friends who own other cars. Feedback was it is very soft comparing to scorpio and fortuner. Fortuner has drums on rear.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 09:47   #3942
BHPian

Guys around NCR, the track day is on 3rd Feb. Lets plan a mini meet there and enjoy the Sunday. The reporting time is 10 AM.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:52   #3943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
Got our XUV ! Yes. As I am based in England, my Dad went to the local Mahindra showroom on the 15/01/13 and got the car off the shelf yesterday on 16/01/13!! I was very surprised when on 15th evening he told me that we are getting the car tomorrow .

Today (17/01/13) I got the VIN which decodes to Nov 2012 manufacturing. Does that mean something was wrong in this car as XUV being a high demand car with a waiting list being delivered so late in January?

My dad had gone with a friend and the car looks fine with the odo showing 18kms.

The car:
Congrats on your new XUV - and wishing you years and years of safe and exciting journeys. Nov manufacture and January delivery is quite normal and no reasons for worry. Hope you would now be looking forward to your next visit to India and take your XUV for a drive!?
rakesh_raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 11:13   #3944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
But how about city traffic where either someone in front suddenly brakes hard or some biker makes a filmy style entry from no where or when one does not see a no sign speed breaker till the very end. One has to brake hard some times in such situation in city traffic.
I find it less confident and being a all disc brakes I expected to be far better. Actually I showed my car to my friends who own other cars. Feedback was it is very soft comparing to scorpio and fortuner. Fortuner has drums on rear.
City braking is very good since speeds are much lower. I've had a semi emergency episode similar to your filmi motorcyclist! No issues. But it's possible that YOUR vehicle has an issue.....can't rule that out.
Old 21st January 2013, 19:09   #3945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
Congrats on your new XUV - and wishing you years and years of safe and exciting journeys. Nov manufacture and January delivery is quite normal and no reasons for worry. Hope you would now be looking forward to your next visit to India and take your XUV for a drive!?
Thank you so much Rakesh. Yes I want to be in India asap .

Meanwhile how is Invictus performing? Any long trips planned?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks