Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 14:44   #4501
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Just saw this
http://www.withyouhamesha.com/

Anyway registered on the site. Not sure what's in store.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 14:59   #4502
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Just saw this

Saw the corresponding news item on Team-BHP yesterday. Planning to register over the weekend. Having access to digital records of the service-history would be neat.
Old 14th June 2013, 15:29   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Just saw this

Just now registered after seeing your post. Very neat.
  • Shows personal/vehicle details.
  • Last 5 service history is shown, with the user being able to rank the 'RM'
  • Reminders shows insurance renewal date, PUC reminder and most importantly shows the next service due date.
  • Then the 'Service cost calculator' shows how much each service is likely to cost, what all parts are to changed and the labor and parts charges are shown separately (reducing the chances of fleecing by A**)
  • Vehicle warranty information (to see the time bomb clicking )
  • Also we can book the service booking with 3 alternate dates and type of service.
  • Vehicle valuation, not sure what is being done here and why.

Last edited by anandtheleo : 14th June 2013 at 15:38.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 15:53   #4504
BHPian

This is quite useful information to have.
Wish Mahindra integrates with their Blue Sense App and that would be a killer app then.
More of a car control/car management app.
Mahindra are you listening ?
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 21:12   #4505
Senior - BHPian

So my xuv is back from service. Below is the total bill.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130614_211532.png
Views: 4597
Size:  368.8 KB

The new brake pedal and pads are just WOW. The bite is awesome than what i had all this while. Now just need to be extra careful as i got used to those weak brakes. Special thank to SDP for recommending it to me.

My RM is a gem of a person. He kept on calling me asking bout things that are being done.

Last edited by nitinralli : 14th June 2013 at 21:19.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 01:33   #4506
Senior - BHPian

The breaks are excellent and i never thought it would be such a great difference. To all 2011 owners, get these break pedals and you would love it for sure, no doubt about it.

Got new Bushes as well and right now they seem to be good, though not sure how long they would be like this. The sound from shockers are gone. Also got my gearshift changed and they are now smooth. Thanks to my RM Santosh (if you are reading this), you are excellent.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 14:30   #4507

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
The breaks are excellent and i never thought it would be such a great difference. To all 2011 owners, get these break pedals and you would love it for sure, no doubt about it.

Got new Bushes as well and right now they seem to be good, though not sure how long they would be like this. The sound from shockers are gone. Also got my gearshift changed and they are now smooth. Thanks to my RM Santosh (if you are reading this), you are excellent.
Hi nitin:

Which Mahindra Service Centre do you send your XUV to? Thanks.
Old 18th June 2013, 15:08   #4508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Most likely the noise is from the balancer-bar. Please get the front-balancer-bar-bushes changed to the new design bushes. This is a fairly common problem.
I took the car today to have this checked. My RM took 5 minutes and came back solving the problem. He said the wheel nut that secures it to the car body was one or two threads lose and he merely tightened it. I don't hear the noise now.
krishnaraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 19:31   #4509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_1973 View Post
Hi nitin:

Which Mahindra Service Centre do you send your XUV to? Thanks.
Koncept Mahindra Okhla service center.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 14:39   #4510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Koncept Mahindra Okhla service center.
Hi Nitin,

Have been following your posts regularly for sometime now. Your Silver XUV looks great. I too have booked a Grey W6 from Synergy Cars in Safdurjung Enclave and would be getting delivery on 23-24 June.

The alloys in your W6 look awesome! Even I would like to get some nice aftermarket alloys for my car. One question that keeps popping in my head is, putting aftermarket alloys would not create problems with the Warranty of suspension components etc.? Especially since XUV's are known to be plagued with alignment issues.

Looking forward to receiving your feedback on this.

Cheerzzz
Old 19th June 2013, 18:33   #4511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Nitin,

Have been following your posts regularly for sometime now. Your Silver XUV looks great. I too have booked a Grey W6 from Synergy Cars in Safdurjung Enclave and would be getting delivery on 23-24 June.

The alloys in your W6 look awesome! Even I would like to get some nice aftermarket alloys for my car. One question that keeps popping in my head is, putting aftermarket alloys would not create problems with the Warranty of suspension components etc.? Especially since XUV's are known to be plagued with alignment issues.

Looking forward to receiving your feedback on this.

Cheerzzz
Hi Sisu, Thanks for the compliment on my Alloys

As for the warranty issue, dont worry, i have never ever faced any issue till date with alloys. Till the time you dont upsize to let say 18-19", you should be fine. Also, as you said XUV is plagued with alignment issues, so whatever you do, nothing will happen.
Old 20th June 2013, 20:46   #4512

Dear BHPians

Have been following this thread for long now and must admit its more than a encyclopedia for XUV owners / aspirants and thanks to all members who have contributed such massive amount of information and experience. Since i plan to purchase one soon i am bit confused between Silver and Grey (black and purple too dark for SUVs) have seen both these colors a million times on road but still couldn't decide. i know silver accentuates the features pretty well but then Grey looks bit classier. Also any latest discounts available on XUV in June - July since auto sales have further plummeted can we expect more freebies from the dealer???

Cheers!
Old 24th June 2013, 10:21   #4513
BHPian

The first bday of my beast is coming up in 1.5 months. And also the time to renew the insurance. My previous insurance was with Royal Sundaram. And took it from the dealer TVS. Am planning to change it as I came to understand that "nothing to be paid from your pocket for a claim" is effective only within Kerala.

Any good sites where I can compare the quotes.

FundaG
Old 24th June 2013, 11:17   #4514
BHPian

Is there something about the XUV's wiring that attracts rats to it? Is it especially tasty or is my SA just giving me the spin when Mahindra's electronics go kaput.

Ever since I sent the car for service, I've been having random issues, such as the Reverse sensors coming on while driving, the TPMS, and the Hill Hold lights coming on.

Now this. On the previous occasions, turning it off and on usually solved the warning light issues. Now, these lights aren't going off. The airbag warning light however has gone. Makes me worry about the possibility of the airbags randomly inflating or something. Am I at risk driving the car with these lights on?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-warning-lights.jpg  

djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 12:02   #4515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Is there something about the XUV's wiring that attracts rats to it? Is it especially tasty or is my SA just giving me the spin when Mahindra's electronics go kaput.

Ever since I sent the car for service, I've been having random issues, such as the Reverse sensors coming on while driving, the TPMS, and the Hill Hold lights coming on.

Now this. On the previous occasions, turning it off and on usually solved the warning light issues. Now, these lights aren't going off. The airbag warning light however has gone. Makes me worry about the possibility of the airbags randomly inflating or something. Am I at risk driving the car with these lights on?
I had the exactly same set of lights coming on while driving. It started off with the airbag .Though I had insisted right from day one to check out the wiring, the reply was wiring was perfect and it could be something else. Finally after a lot of trials and errors it was zeroed down to the wires after a period of 2 months. Rat was the issue. It seems rats can easily enter via the AC vent (used for air circulation) inside the engine compartment and travel the entire length of the car through the ac pipes as there are AC vents even in the last row. It appears some of the wires also run along this pipes. When he rat get hungry, it feeds on our poor wires.

Only solution for the rats is fitting a metal mesh in front of the AC vent , just below where the windshield meets the bonnet. I got it done on recommendation of my RM. This is not authorised by the way. But done at the good will of the RM. Cost me around 1000Rs. But atleast it gives a peace of mind. I wanted to share snaps of the same earlier, but it is very difficult to see itself without a strong light source. Let me try if I can get some snaps and post.

Coming to the risk part of the airbag, when the airbag light is ON, I dont think it will inflate even during an accident. Regarding the rest, when the lights are ON none of these systems work. While I was facing the issue, I had tried the hill hold feature when the lights were not ON and they worked perfectly. Tried again when the error lights came ON and the system did not work. Better get it sorted out at the earliest as XUV seems to have 8-9 CPU's controlling this systems, costing between Rs25-45000. And if any of these go kaput due to some short circuit issue like rat nibbling, we will have to shell it from our pocket to get it replaced.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks