Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 13:43   #4876

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum. Am excited about the arrival of my cheetah in a few days time. The dealership was Zulaikha at Chennai. No hassles thus far. Managed to squeeze a meager discount too from them.
Old 29th September 2013, 19:46   #4877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Is the price quoted above is correct ?. Is it 13,67,000 or 14,67,000 ?. One month back I went to Anant motors in bangalore and the onroad price quoted for W6 was ~14,68,000.
It is 13.72 actually (with alloys, seat covers and foot step). I am in a non octroi zone in Maharashtra so taxes are less.
Old 29th September 2013, 21:26   #4878

hey folks, booked my white W8, feeling great and looking forward to the 'Cheetah' arrival soon...will upload pics of my 'XUV Research Journey Soon' . Thanks you all for your valuable suggestions, they have been a guiding light for me to understand this beast better...cheers drive safe!
Old 30th September 2013, 14:54   #4879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
OK here is the deal. I think news is out on price hike speculatively and hence I am going ahead with this machine. However, I am still not sure on variant especially because I want save those 2l difference between w6 and w8. (My earliet budget was 10l when I had started hunting).
I will be really grateful if some one clatifies in below doubts ( I know some may be subjective... but still)
Thanks
I decided on W8 due to the following.

1. ESP
2. Additional Airbags (it has 6)
3. Leather upholstery
4. GPS
5. Color touchscreen LCD
6. Avoid the hassles of getting something from outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry macG View Post
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum. Am excited about the arrival of my cheetah in a few days time. The dealership was Zulaikha at Chennai. No hassles thus far. Managed to squeeze a meager discount too from them.
Congratulations. Which version have you booked. Whats the OTR cost ?
vinucv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 17:38   #4880
BHPian

After lot of ifs and buts finally booked a w8. Somehow I didn't see a w6 in flesh until I had made the final payment...I saw one just after that... but both the variants are vfm in their own right. I hope it serves me well.

15th delivery promised that was a Major decision making point... can't wait... but will have to. a real long road trip in making. Anything in particular I should be cartful about?

Regarding discounts nothing outstanding just the insurance 50% and 10k worth free accessories plus illuminated scuff plates. Now what is there for 10k for me chrome allure? Please feel free to suggest as I got not much idea on what it doesn't come with lols
WheelWake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 18:47   #4881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
15th delivery promised
Hi WheelWake, has your dealer said anything about the imminent price increase and whether you would have to fork out more if it happens? As I understand the price of the vehicle is fixed the day it is billed at the factory prior to dispatch, and I am guessing your vehicle hasn't been received by the dealer yet. I am reading reports about an increase in prices of all Mahindra vehicles w.e.f. 1st October, and this is a cause of concern for me too as I have been promised a delivery date in the last week of October for my XUV.
Old 30th September 2013, 20:03   #4882

Thanks Vinu, have booked the W8 FWD in black. OTR works to 15.12L after discounts and insurance done separately to avail the NCB. On another vein, yes Jayawant, M&M are increasing prices for all their vehicles from tomorrow, (confirmed by the sales manager himself by showing me the clipping in The Hindu dated 28th September) exactly how much remains to be seen. But expect it in the range of 15 to 20 grand for the cheetah. And yes the price prevailing at the time of booking the vehicle applies. Perhaps booking one within the next 2 or 3 days will still allow you to beat the price hike.
Jerry macG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 20:43   #4883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
Hi WheelWake, has your dealer said anything about the imminent price increase and whether you would have to fork out more if it happens? As I understand the price of the vehicle is fixed the day it is billed at the factory prior to dispatch, and I am guessing your vehicle hasn't been received by the dealer yet. I am reading reports about an increase in prices of all Mahindra vehicles w.e.f. 1st October, and this is a cause of concern for me too as I have been promised a delivery date in the last week of October for my XUV.
My cheetah is already in transit. So I am told same price remains for me. My delivery can happen before that but for some reason I want it to happen on 15.
The other dealer in town was hell bent on delivery to be taken on or before 2nd Oct for which I didn't agree. This dealer came up with a sweetened deal and agreed to our T&C. The loan processing was also quite swift. I guess dealer get 1or2 extra days for month end closing. So it's best to have your vehicle invoiced.
Old 1st October 2013, 02:09   #4884
BHPian

hello people, i am in the process of looking for an upgrade on my ANHC VMT, 2010 with 40K on the odo. i really really need all the help i can get with regards to buying an XUV5OO. i have read the reviews and am fairly sure that this is what i want, but still a feedback from existing users would be valuable for me. i actually just made up my mind in the last half an hour. i am sailing right now and will most likely get one within 15 days of getting home. i am targeting delivery on/around diwali. i know it will be quite a rush considering selling my existing ANHC in such a short time can be a challenge.
the reason for all this hurry is that i get to stay at home only for 3 months before i have to go back sailing again. so i would want to get the XUV, drive it to my hearts content, get the first service done and then say good bye to the big boy for another 8 to 10 weeks.
all advice is welcome.
Old 1st October 2013, 02:28   #4885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry macG View Post
Perhaps booking one within the next 2 or 3 days will still allow you to beat the price hike.
How exactly can he beat the price hike if he books the car in next 2-3 days? . I guess the price prevalent at the time of the delivery is what we have to pay and i there is a price hike today then the new increased amount will have to be paid. Am I missing something here. I have booked my car around 10 days back and I really would want to know if i cant beat the price hike too like you mentioned.
Old 1st October 2013, 10:21   #4886

Well in the words of my sales manager, one can avail the existing price and quickly before M&M decide on the actual amount to be hiked. And you Andy havent reason to worry I suppose since the booking has already been done.
Old 1st October 2013, 10:47   #4887
BHPian

I think the situation is different in Bangalore - the price of all vehicles that are billed to the dealer after the price increase kicks in will be higher irrespective of when the booking was done. Only vehicles that are already billed to the dealer will be spared, and that too as an exception.

This is a huge bummer for me - I completed all formalities from my side by the 3rd week of September and now need to shell out more for no fault of mine. I can't understand why there is no price protection. I am hoping the AWD will not go beyond my budget now - the rumours talk about a 2% price increase or anything in the range of 10-20k.

Material costs and diesel prices go up but my salary is still the same. Fail!

Old 1st October 2013, 12:44   #4888
BHPian

No news of hike till now. I so hope that M&M takes another 3-4 days to announce the price hike.
Old 1st October 2013, 13:04   #4889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_torque133 View Post
No news of hike till now. I so hope that M&M takes another 3-4 days to announce the price hike.
Understand from my dealer that the announcement will be don't later today or tomorrow. He is pushing me to book, but I am sure that there will be no price protection even if I book today so am taking my time.
Old 1st October 2013, 13:55   #4890
BHPian

Just called up my dealer and got to know that my car has been dispatched yesterday and is in transit. He says it should be with them by Friday/Saturday. Excitement at it's peak. Moreover i think i might just escape the price hike since my car is in transit!
Andy_torque133 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks