Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2014, 17:35   #5626
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Rims are after market ones, i never go for stock alloys on my cars.
Can you tell the place where did you buy them from and the cost? I was planning to buy Mahindra Alloys for W6 but now I would buy it after market from Delhi whenever I visit.

Last edited by GTO : 24th February 2014 at 14:37. Reason: Sorry, we don't allow car-specific clubs on Team-BHP
Old 23rd February 2014, 20:02   #5627
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Can you tell the place where did you buy them from and the cost? I was planning to buy Mahindra Alloys for W6 but now I would buy it after market from Delhi whenever I visit.

Great idea! But would be able to join only when I am there in Delhi.
I bought it way back in 2011 when XUV was launched from Prestige alloys shop in East of Kailash (sorry dont remember the name of the shop). Its owned by a Sardarji. I got it for 25K if i remember correctly. This was then when there was no other choice of alloys except for Mahindra's hence it could be possible that they might be even cheaper now. Do check it out.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 13:38   #5628
BHPian

I have a query.
I had purchased XUV W8 from chandigarh and am getting it registered in amritsar. The charges are 6% here. I want know that this amount is calculated as a percentage of the invoice amount (including VAT) or the amount excluding VAT?
Old 24th February 2014, 15:42   #5629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
I have a query.

I had purchased XUV W8 from chandigarh and am getting it registered in amritsar. The charges are 6% here. I want know that this amount is calculated as a percentage of the invoice amount (including VAT) or the amount excluding VAT?
Congratulations!

The RTO charges are payable on the price including the VAT if I recall correctly. However, it will be better to check with RTO staff before you order your DD.

Last edited by shatrughna : 24th February 2014 at 15:43. Reason: Congratulations
Old 24th February 2014, 16:23   #5630
BHPian

Don't mean to brag, but......

reevester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 16:56   #5631

Last week completed my kannur drive trip in my black Cheetah & loves to drive on beach & beautiful roads of kerala. Putting few pics
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-kannur_beach.png  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_4277_1024x683.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_4172_512x768.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_3328.jpg  

cmiuc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 20:28   #5632
BHPian

Bought my XUV 500 W8 purple colour on 23rd Nov 2013 from VVC Motors, Kothaguda, Hyderabad.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_2742.jpg
IndianNomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 21:30   #5633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Don't mean to brag, but......

Even I have won the miniature model

This was the message received:
Name:  XUV.png
Views: 3656
Size:  22.2 KB

Hopefully this would be a detailed one compared to the one I bought from Ebay.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 14:04   #5634
BHPian

XUV Automatic expected 2015

Mahindra & Mahindra have signed a deal with Aisin Seiki of Japan, a leading global supplier of automatic transmission, for supply of new 6 speed ATs for both Mahindra and SsangYong cars. For a start, it will be the new Mahindra XUV 500 Automatic which will be equipped with Aisin Automatic Transmissions from mid 2015.

Currently sporting 6 speed manual gearbox, the 2015 XUV500 will receive Aisin’s new 6 speed AT gearbox. Not only this, the Aisin gearbox mated to Mahindra’s 2.2l diesel heart will pump out 30 horses more than the existing 140 bhp delivered. Autocar India reveals that the Mahindra XUV500 Automatic variant will deliver 170 bhp.
i_m_anaconda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 14:28   #5635

When Mahindra went knocking at Aisin Seiki of Japan to procure a new automatic gearbox for its XUV500, they were told that the orders quoted weren’t big enough for Aisin to bother about them.

Incidentally, at the same time, partner SsangYong was also in the market looking for an automatic for its upcoming compact SUV. Shrewd Mahindra pooled its orders with those of its Korean partner and resubmitted the proposal. Aisin agreed, dotted lines were signed upon and cordial handshakes followed

auto box signed up for the show is believed to be a high torque capacity 6-speed automatic designed for transverse engine, front-wheel-drive vehicles. Aisin claims improved fuel efficiency as well as improved shift response with this particular series boxes.

Autocar says that Mahindra can up the power to almost 30 more horses taking the marketing figure to 170bhp from the current 140
Old 26th February 2014, 14:34   #5636
BHPian

The only issue will be reliability.

Like other electrical, will Mahindra struggle to integrate the new gearbox and ensure niggles free automatic XUV? I guess something that time will tell.
Old 27th February 2014, 09:46   #5637
BHPian

Hi, I am looking for rear parcel shelf for my XUV. Is it available as an accessory??
Old 27th February 2014, 10:53   #5638
Senior - BHPian

Are the side strips much useful? The body from the body strip area upwards is inside thereby reducing the chances of side scratches.

I am not too sure if I should be going in for the side strips. I don't find them appealing as far as aesthetics are concerned.
Old 27th February 2014, 12:59   #5639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
The only issue will be reliability.

Like other electrical, will Mahindra struggle to integrate the new gearbox and ensure niggles free automatic XUV? I guess something that time will tell.
A little birdie from Mahindra told me that Mahindra has adopted a new manufacturing process/policy named "Project something something"!

Till now, all customer complaints to the XUV call centre or email ID has to be reported by the head of customer care to directly Mr. Anand Mahindra. According to my friend, Mr. Mahindra has expressed deep concern regarding the recurring issues in the XUV. The "zero defect XUV" was his initiative as well. That is the reason he initiated this new process mentioned above.

Anyways, all new M&M products will adopt the above mentioned policy which focuses on 'getting the product right in the first attempt'. I am hoping with this change in the manufacturing process, M&M vehicle will be more and more reliable.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 22:30   #5640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Are the side strips much useful? The body from the body strip area upwards is inside thereby reducing the chances of side scratches.

I am not too sure if I should be going in for the side strips. I don't find them appealing as far as aesthetics are concerned.
I don't know how much they can help in avoiding scratches but in my opinion they had some character to side profile. So I will be putting them while taking delivery of mine.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks