Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 13:57   #5761
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Long term go for innova: running cost is low.
Short term go for Scorpio as it is a better SUV than XUV which is more of a car
Well, both Innova and Scorpio are ruled out for now - they don't like either of them and they look quite dated now.
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:02   #5762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Well, both Innova and Scorpio are ruled out for now - they don't like either of them and they look quite dated now.
Then wait for the XUV AT. A new scorpio is expected in end 2015
Old 3rd April 2014, 19:14   #5763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
If your friend is willing to go for used car, then try a Ssangyong Rexton. It is not as reliable as a Toyota but definetly as reliable as a Hyundai. I have seen Rextons advertised for 16-17 lacs and one should shake-hands for 15 lacs.

Rexton includes a memership to purple club, which means you get a dedicated RM to handle issues and needless to say, A tweet to Anand will get immediate attention. Rexton is Mahindra's flagship product till date.

The advantage of Rexton over XUV is merely a more upmarket image and better 3rd row space/Boot space.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 3rd April 2014 at 19:16.
Old 3rd April 2014, 19:18   #5764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I bought 3 year RSA for 3875Rs.
Hi. Can you please elaborate on that? I just bought my XUV W8. The additional 3 years RSA needs to be bought now or after expiry of two years? Who needs to be contacted - the dealer or directly the mahindra?
Old 3rd April 2014, 19:33   #5765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If your friend is willing to go for used car, then try a Ssangyong Rexton. It is not as reliable as a Toyota but definetly as reliable as a Hyundai. I have seen Rextons advertised for 16-17 lacs and one should shake-hands for 15 lacs.

Rexton includes a memership to purple club, which means you get a dedicated RM to handle issues and needless to say, A tweet to Anand will get immediate attention. Rexton is Mahindra's flagship product till date.

The advantage of Rexton over XUV is merely a more upmarket image and better 3rd row space/Boot space.
Well, he can go for a new Rexton as well, but isn't it true that only certain service centers are equipped to handle the Rexton. Others will not even touch it.
There is one report on TBHP itself to that effect.
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:03   #5766
BHPian

Quote:
Not nitpicking, but I found the 3rd row of XUV better than the Rexton. Boot space is better in Rexton.
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 22:12   #5767
BHPian

Well recently it happened by chance but I got to get somebody (grown man of 30 and 5'10" tall) to sit in the 3rd row of my xuv and I can have it comfort level on long drive tested. It was a 2.5 hr journey on UP highway after the drive the fellow from the 3rd row was all comfortable (though not able to stretch his legs but he didn't complain about the seating. Also I believe that comfort is something very subjective but still it's aint bad as it was highlighted in many other auto sites reviews.

Also I just wanted to know what is a good pick up rpm for xuv?

Thanks!
Old 3rd April 2014, 23:34   #5768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Also I just wanted to know what is a good pick up rpm for xuv?!
1400-1500 is the best range for pick up. Most smooth drive is in 3rd gear upwards and rpm of 1400-1900. Thats also the best range for good FE.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 02:05   #5769
BANNED

One question guys:
We are planning for an XUV500 in W8 variant. Is there any changes between the FWD and AWD variant? Like any features change? Also I guess the FWD gives better FE too?
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 08:45   #5770
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Hi. Can you please elaborate on that? I just bought my XUV W8. The additional 3 years RSA needs to be bought now or after expiry of two years? Who needs to be contacted - the dealer or directly the mahindra?
Congratulations on the new acquisition!
The 1-2or3 years RoadSideAssitance (RSA) anyways starts from the day the default 2 year RSA ends (after 2 years of ownership). So you might as well buy it now. Who knows what would be the price of the RSA 2 years from now?

Its available at the dealer. Has just been launched, about a month ago.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 10:11   #5771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
One question guys:
We are planning for an XUV500 in W8 variant. Is there any changes between the FWD and AWD variant? Like any features change? Also I guess the FWD gives better FE too?
For features, there is no change apart from the AWD hardware and ~1.2L rupees on the OTR. The AWD weighs more, but I don't think there will be a noticeable FE difference between the two. During 95% of the running, AWD just behaves as a FWD.
Old 4th April 2014, 10:12   #5772
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
For features, there is no change apart from the AWD hardware and ~1.2L rupees on the OTR. The AWD weighs more, but I don't think there will be a noticeable FE difference between the two. During 95% of the running, AWD just behaves as a FWD.
Because the car will probably never see even a bit of slush or any related gradient. It is just going to stick to tarmac 24x7. Does AWD make sense especially keeping in check the 1.2L difference in OTR?
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 04:47   #5773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Mahindras have launched RoadSideAssistance packages for 1-5 years for the XUV, which start after the 2 year free RSA that owners get for new vehicles. It does include assistance even in case of puncture, wrong fuel type filled, upto 50kms ride by taxi in case of a breakdown/accident, hotel/train booking assistance in case of a breakdown etc etc.

I found it interesting. Do check it out.
Couple of points to be added here (as per what info I was provided from the dealer. I have yet to read any printed matter on the same) -
towing costs are obviously included but the towing shall be done on a flat bed truck.
This RSA is also offered for the Scorpio.
It is being offered in collaboration with Allianz.

Quote:

I would have a slightly different take on this matter.
The purple club & RM are facilities shared by the Rexton & the XUV, while an AM tweet setting the ball rolling has to do with M&M and not with the Rexton.

The Rexton has a fabulous engine & great suspension, it's well built, looks good & is fully loaded. But the 3 row is a joke. I mean there's just about 6 inches separating the seat from the floor, so you can sit with your chin resting on your knees
The XUV 's 3rd row is much better, comparable to the innova in terms of comfort & leg space and better in terms of head room.
Old 5th April 2014, 11:14   #5774
BHPian

Quote:
Because the car will probably never see even a bit of slush or any related gradient. It is just going to stick to tarmac 24x7. Does AWD make sense especially keeping in check the 1.2L difference in OTR?
If the car is not going to see a road (or no road) which requires the additional capability, it does not make sense to go with AWD. 1.2L is a good enough sum to consider the FWD. For me, it was a heart (80%) and head (20%) decision to go with the AWD.
Old 5th April 2014, 12:48   #5775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not for you. Not at all.

I've also been told that the AWD system of the XUV isn't quite as hardcore and doesn't function as well as that of the Thar or some 'designated' AWD cars. I'm no expert on Off-roaders though.
The XUV doesn't seem like the car that should be taken off-road even if you can.

Stick with FWD and save some money : ).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks