Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 18:17   #6556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Guys, just wanted to drop a line. My car had recently gone for its 60k service and alongside I decided to shell the 23k for extended warranty. Just got a call back from the ASS that M&M has decided to give the 4th yr warranty to me FOC, so the ASS will be issuing a part refund of around 6k back to me and only charge for the 5th.

Super happy to get this news! M&M does make the little things count!
Thats great. Could you please let us know which dealer it was?
Old 1st October 2014, 00:25   #6557
BHPian

It's about 6k in the Odo and No doubt I am enjoying the vehicle however one thing which I am still not used to is smooth clutch release while changing gears. The long play of the clutch makes it almost impossible for me to achieve a smooth gear change. I have been driving a petrol hatchback for a decade and never faced this issue. With xuv it takes a bit of time to release the clutch fully and then I press the pedal to accelerate. While I release the clutch slowly the RPM drops and then it shoots back again once the clutch pedal is released completely. I hope I can handle the clutch better with time. But want to know if this is common phenomenon or there is something which I am doing wrong.
Old 1st October 2014, 08:28   #6558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
It's about 6k in the Odo and No doubt I am enjoying the vehicle however one thing which I am still not used to is smooth clutch release while changing gears. The long play of the clutch makes it almost impossible for me to achieve a smooth gear change. I have been driving a petrol hatchback for a decade and never faced this issue. With xuv it takes a bit of time to release the clutch fully and then I press the pedal to accelerate. While I release the clutch slowly the RPM drops and then it shoots back again once the clutch pedal is released completely. I hope I can handle the clutch better with time. But want to know if this is common phenomenon or there is something which I am doing wrong.
My XUV is 1k in odo now and I did not feel anything like this. I always get a smooth gear change.. May be you are becoming too conscious white changing gears and hence rpm drops
Old 1st October 2014, 10:35   #6559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
It takes time adjusting to a clutch in a Diesel when you have been used to a petrol one. While a light touch is enough for a smooth gear change in a petrol car it requires a complete compression in a diesel. You will get used to it with time.

If you want to know what real gear change in a diesel vehicle means try to get hold of a jeep MM540 or likes and try engaging a 1st or reverse the XUV gear change is light years ahead of that.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 11:00   #6560

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Hi, I am facing the same sound from behind the dash. Once it's solved please let me know how did they do it.

Hi Rahul. I gave the car to the workshop on Monday i.e. 29th Sept. They checked the suspension fully, but the noise still persists. Now they are saying they will have to remove and check every part and find the source of the noise. This might take 3-4 days. Will keep you posted.

This noise has been there from Day 2 of the car. I had taken delivery on 8th September. Quite a disappointment compared to the overall joy I had of driving this car. Wonder how these things sneak past M&M's QC.
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:46   #6561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Sri Durga Automobiles
Old 2nd October 2014, 10:09   #6562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Sri Durga Automobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Even i got a phone call from Sri Durga Auto regarding the 4th and 5th year extended warranty. I plan to get it for my XUV.
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:13   #6563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Even i got a phone call from Sri Durga Auto regarding the 4th and 5th year extended warranty. I plan to get it for my XUV.
Could you please report back here letting us know if you also got 4 th year free?
Old 2nd October 2014, 23:09   #6564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiyer20 View Post
Hi Rahul. I gave the car to the workshop on Monday i.e. 29th Sept. They checked the suspension fully, but the noise still persists. Now they are saying they will have to remove and check every part and find the source of the noise. This might take 3-4 days. Will keep you posted.

This noise has been there from Day 2 of the car. I had taken delivery on 8th September. Quite a disappointment compared to the overall joy I had of driving this car. Wonder how these things sneak past M&M's QC.
To my pleasant surprise the sound has gone completely and have driven 500kms after that including bad roads and it's no where being heard again. I would suggest you to live with it till next service and not to get all parts removed and checked. The noise can be also of dash board which will fade out as in my case.
Old 3rd October 2014, 18:03   #6565
BHPian

Quote:
To my pleasant surprise the sound has gone completely and have driven 500kms after that including bad roads and it's no where being heard again. I would suggest you to live with it till next service and not to get all parts removed and checked. The noise can be also of dash board which will fade out as in my case.
I also agree with this. I am also getting a sound from dash when going through bad roads and strongly believe it is coming from somewhere in dash and will go away or can live with. It will not be a good idea to have them remove all parts and check.
Old 3rd October 2014, 20:32   #6566

Rahul and Grpiyesh, I've clocked almost 2k kms and the sound hasn't gone yet. Lets see what they come up with. Will get to know only next week. They've given me a Xylo as a back up vehicle in the interim.
Old 5th October 2014, 18:31   #6567
BHPian

How do I connect an iPod to the infotainment system. I connected mine to the USB. It is charging the iPod but not recognizing it as a music source
Old 5th October 2014, 18:42   #6568
BHPian

^^
I usually connects the Tablet to Aux input(1/8" stereo port), which is next to the usb port

Last edited by Twiny : 5th October 2014 at 18:43.
Old 5th October 2014, 19:36   #6569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
How do I connect an iPod to the infotainment system. I connected mine to the USB. It is charging the iPod but not recognizing it as a music source
Use aux cable and connect it to 3.5mm port near the USB input
Old 5th October 2014, 20:24   #6570
BHPian

Quote:
Use aux cable and connect it to 3.5mm port near the USB input
It works that way but then the music source is Aux and not iPod. How will the system recognize it as iPod so that you can use the steering controls to control it.

Most Viewed