Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 10:47   #6586
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

^^ AFAIK Steering wheel vibration on high speed is a clear indication of issue with wheel Balancing. I have experienced it on my earlier cars. Please show it to the same guys to get it corrected; otherwise visit another best available shop.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 18:33   #6587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Steering wheel vibrating with speeds above 110. I had got speed rims installed with balancing done from a reputed tyre shop. Any one facing this issue or any solution if anyone can help with.
I faced same issue just a month back. Wheel Balancing solved the problem
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 23:54   #6588
BHPian

I did a full refill of the fuel tank last week when odo read 1124. Today I did it again and odo was 1312. Quantity of fuel that went in today was 19.4lts. So 19.4 lts for 188 kms. That makes the mileage 9.7 km/l. I also did a reset of average mileage in the screen when did the first full refill and the mileage showing there now is 11.7. Any idea how Mahindra is calculating the mileage.
Old 11th October 2014, 12:28   #6589
BHPian

My Experiments with ADON-D on my XUV 500 W8

Key Result: Mileage improved by 12% on Highways

Those interested in further details, please click on the link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3554080
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 19:20   #6590
BHPian

All,

I have a query regarding the entertainment system on W8 model. Today, while doing a PDC using Team-Bhp Check list, I tried a USB drive on the entertainment system. I found that the system was reading only 6 folders of songs in the USB drive. I have more than 60 folder of songs in the USB drive.
Sales rep at Showroom of G3 Motors, Nerul was not sure of why it was so. He checked with XUV Service Lead at their service center. That service guy told there is a restriction in no of folder the entertainment system can read. However just 6 folders seems to be big surprise?
Service Lead suggested to have all song in same folder. However this is not practical. I would not want to move from song1 of movie 1 to song1 of another movie.

Any help from seasoned expert here on this. How has been the experience of others on no. of folders on USB drive that W8 entertainment system can read.
Old 11th October 2014, 20:38   #6591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post
All,

I have a query regarding the entertainment system on W8 model. Today, while doing a PDC using Team-Bhp Check list, I tried a USB drive on the entertainment system. I found that the system was reading only 6 folders of songs in the USB drive. I have more than 60 folder of songs in the USB drive.
Sales rep at Showroom of G3 Motors, Nerul was not sure of why it was so. He checked with XUV Service Lead at their service center. That service guy told there is a restriction in no of folder the entertainment system can read. However just 6 folders seems to be big surprise?
Service Lead suggested to have all song in same folder. However this is not practical. I would not want to move from song1 of movie 1 to song1 of another movie.

Any help from seasoned expert here on this. How has been the experience of others on no. of folders on USB drive that W8 entertainment system can read.
This happens to me sometimes. Here is what I do. . switch off the infotainment . remove the USB. Switch off the vehicle fully. Start the xuv. Insert the USB. All folders appears again. Its just a glitch in the infotainment system. Sometimes even reverse cam doesn't work and the screen turns pink color. Switch off the car and start again. The problem clears .

Last edited by undead : 11th October 2014 at 20:40.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 00:10   #6592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Any reference for good professionals in Bangalore for HID kit installation. Please share any contacts. I have been looking for changing headlights from many days.
I got P8 HID (4300K) kit installed couple of months back from Auto Grid Ganganagar (Gangenhalli). He is opposite to CBI office on the New Airport Road below the flyover. I paid 10 K for the same. HID kits are plug and play and should not be a hassle installing it. PM me if you want more details.

On my way back from Goa last week, it was raining cats on dogs and to my surprise, my XUV aquaplaned quite badly. Not sure if SUVs are more prone, my previous two cars handled it better. Any of you guys have faced the same issue?

Last edited by gurudutt : 12th October 2014 at 00:13.
Old 12th October 2014, 00:15   #6593
BHPian

Quote:
All,

This happened to me when I inserted a USB drive for the first time. I did a reformat of the drive , copied the songs again and that cleared the problem. Did you try with another USB drive?
Old 12th October 2014, 01:21   #6594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
This happened to me when I inserted a USB drive for the first time. I did a reformat of the drive , copied the songs again and that cleared the problem. Did you try with another USB drive?
Thanks Gpriyesh.

As I mentioned I experienced while I was doing Pre Delivery Check of my XUV.

Now let me try your suggestion to reformat and try the USB drive again.

I have been thinking of another option to have my IPod Classic put to use on XUV once I get the delivery in next few days. It may be easier to scan thru folders / songs on Ipod.

Cheers,
Balpreet
Old 12th October 2014, 10:36   #6595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
On my way back from Goa last week, it was raining cats on dogs and to my surprise, my XUV aquaplaned quite badly. Not sure if SUVs are more prone, my previous two cars handled it better. Any of you guys have faced the same issue?
If the water can't escape through the tire's grooves fast enough, the car will hydroplane. So it's the tread pattern on the tyre and speed of the car and depth of the water matters; not the vehicle(XUV500) IMHO. If one tries to change the direction of the vehicle while aquaplaning, matter will be worse.

This weekend I drove to Kochi via NH-7; quite lots of places water was logged on the center lane and I too experienced the hydroplaning. My car had BS-Dueler H/T and the speed was >100. BS-Dueler Tyres on my car had Traction rating as B. (AFAIK, C is the worst rating for traction)

Last edited by Twiny : 12th October 2014 at 10:45.
Twiny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 22:52   #6596
BHPian

Quote:

I have been thinking of another option to have my IPod Classic put to use on XUV once I get the delivery in next few days. It may be easier to scan thru folders / songs on Ipod.

Cheers,
Balpreet
I too see this problem in my W8, Ipod only shows some songs never realized it is a 6 folder restriction. Is there any workaround for this?
Old 13th October 2014, 07:09   #6597
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
I have faced this once. Quite a scary experience, when the 2 ton behemoth slid under me by about a foot or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
If the water can't escape through the tire's grooves fast enough, the car will hydroplane. So it's the tread pattern on the tyre and speed of the car and depth of the water matters; not the vehicle(XUV500) IMHO. If one tries to change the direction of the vehicle while aquaplaning, matter will be worse.

This weekend I drove to Kochi via NH-7; quite lots of places water was logged on the center lane and I too experienced the hydroplaning. My car had BS-Dueler H/T and the speed was >100. BS-Dueler Tyres on my car had Traction rating as B. (AFAIK, C is the worst rating for traction)
True. I had very similar experience. There was water logging on one side of the highway. I was easily doing 90-100. It was day-time, but since it was raining, I didn't notice the water on the road at all. The water was clear, must have been fresh rain-water and I guess it was just about 3-4 inches deep. It was a wide curve. I did not reduce the speed much and then it happened without any notice. The entire car moved sideways by at least one foot. Absolutely scary experience. Have been driving more very carefully ever since.

Last edited by SDP : 13th October 2014 at 07:11.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 10:52   #6598
BHPian

HI
I am currently using a Punto and is planning for an upgrade to XUV. Usually on highways I used to try to maintain speeds of 100-110 , which I feel is the highest possible comfortable speed(for myself) on the highways for a Punto (For stock 76ps Punto its 90 kmph , mine is remapped).
On my last visit to Bangalore I have seen lot of Tata Safaris cruising at around steady130-140. But not any XUVs had overtaken me.

On my test-drive of XUV I ve found reaching triple digit speeds is not at all difficult thing. What is the most comfortable cruising speed according to various owners' perspective.
Old 13th October 2014, 11:05   #6599
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
I am currently using a Punto and is planning for an upgrade to XUV.
Nine months back, I upgraded from petrol Linea to XUV 500.

Quote:
What is the most comfortable cruising speed
I maintain 100 kmph in cruise control during my highway drive, which is very comfortable for me.
  (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 12:13   #6600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Usually on highways I used to try to maintain speeds of 100-110 .

On my test-drive of XUV I ve found reaching triple digit speeds is not at all difficult thing. What is the most comfortable cruising speed according to various owners' perspective.
As mentioned by J.Ravi and yourself speeds above 100 is dangerous on most our highways.

However to answer to your query, if you are not careful you may reach reasonably high three digit speeds very soon, especially during initial ownership days. Since the vehicle is stable at higher speeds you may not feel that you are over speeding unless you take a look at speedometer.

I usually travel on dual- carriageway highways in range of 100 KMPH.

Last edited by manson : 13th October 2014 at 18:55. Reason: Mention of high speeds.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks