Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2014, 17:02   #6736
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

If anybody installed a CarryBoy Roof_Carrier or 3D_Maxpider_Roof_Bag on their XUV, could you share the feedback and pics of the same.

for installing the cross bars, is there any specific locations on the roof rails and how is the crossbar fitment area gets covered, if one is going for after market one? (see pic below)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-photo2.jpg  

Last edited by Twiny : 5th November 2014 at 17:04.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 17:55   #6737
BHPian

@Fusionbang none of the dealers in Delhi/NCR have any official communication. Could you please confirm The source of information.
Old 5th November 2014, 18:24   #6738
BHPian

^^ Please check on the website; new price is reflected there:
http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/product/price.aspx
Old 5th November 2014, 18:28   #6739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
@Fusionbang none of the dealers in Delhi/NCR have any official communication. Could you please confirm The source of information.
As Twiny mentioned, it is updated on Mahindra XUV official website. IMO dealers are waiting for the current stocks to be sold and for newer stocks the price would be applicable.
Old 5th November 2014, 18:49   #6740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
As Twiny mentioned, it is updated on Mahindra XUV official website. IMO dealers are waiting for the current stocks to be sold and for newer stocks the price would be applicable.
Yes, this is what the dealer I spoke to today said as well.

I was about to plonk for the W8 today until someone directed me to this link:

http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/01/08/...elift-in-2015/

Now I'm in 2 minds again. Wait for the facelift or just pick up the perfectly good car the dealer has on stock? And March 2015 is only 4 months away! Does anyone know if there is really a facelift coming, or is this just hot air?
Old 5th November 2014, 22:16   #6741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
Yes, this is what the dealer I spoke to today said as well.

Now I'm in 2 minds again. Wait for the facelift or just pick up the perfectly good car the dealer has on stock? And March 2015 is only 4 months away! Does anyone know if there is really a facelift coming, or is this just hot air?
There are many sources which say this, IMO they will just launch an automatic variant in March 2015 with very minor change in features for existing models. I don't think they will give a major face-lift to the cheetah and make it look like a cat

I feel December would be the right time to buy this car as we can expect more discounts during year end and it would be a real VFM I might book one during Christmas/New Year. Also I wish if Mahindra would give Artic Blue Color for W6 variant.
Old 5th November 2014, 22:41   #6742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
There are many sources which say this, IMO they will just launch an automatic variant in March 2015 with very minor change in features for existing models. I don't think they will give a major face-lift to the cheetah
The manager at TVS cochin said that there will be a 5 seat version coming soon, but no facelift. He was very sure, but I am not sure how true that is.
vjjustin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 17:27   #6743
BHPian

Took delivery of W6 yesterday from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore. OTR came to 14.4L. Offer included free insurance(24k), 10k corp discount and some free accessories(idol, perfume, mats, rain visors and roof carrier). Not sure if it is a good deal (I am not at all good at bargaining)

Booked on 27th and got the vehicle registered on Nov 3rd (Nov 1st being holiday) and the SBI loan also processed in between. (Relieved to get before the price hike.)

The vehicle is 13/10/14 manufactured (based on the sticker on the right ORVM).

The free mats given were the black ones with red borders. Surprisingly it does not come for the 3rd row and the sales guy confirmed the same. Is it so?

Thanks to everyone on this thread who influenced my buying process
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 18:00   #6744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Took delivery of W6 yesterday from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore.
The free mats given were the black ones with red borders. Surprisingly it does not come for the 3rd row and the sales guy confirmed the same. Is it so?
Congrats Bejoy on your new car.

The Black Rubber mat Mahindra provides, are for the first and second row only.
How much is the OEM Roof Carrier cost otherwise?

Last edited by Twiny : 6th November 2014 at 18:03.
Old 6th November 2014, 18:50   #6745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Congrats Bejoy on your new car.

The Black Rubber mat Mahindra provides, are for the first and second row only.
How much is the OEM Roof Carrier cost otherwise?
Roof carrier was listed 11.5k
Other options were rear camera with IRVM display for 7k and rear camera with standing display on dash for 7.2k.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 12:20   #6746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Took delivery of W6 yesterday from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore. OTR came to 14.4L. Offer included free insurance(24k), 10k corp discount and some free accessories(idol, perfume, mats, rain visors and roof carrier). Not sure if it is a good deal (I am not at all good at bargaining)

Booked on 27th and got the vehicle registered on Nov 3rd (Nov 1st being holiday) and the SBI loan also processed in between. (Relieved to get before the price hike.)

The vehicle is 13/10/14 manufactured (based on the sticker on the right ORVM).

Thanks to everyone on this thread who influenced my buying process
Congratulations Bejoy on the purchase. You have got a good deal in terms of discounts and freebies.

Happy munching miles!!
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 13:06   #6747
BHPian

Guys need your opinion. Inspired by the AWD threads, I am planning to book XUV 5oo AWD Purple colour in Bangalore. Based on the negotiations I am being offered 17.14 Lakhs + Insurance for the vehicle (to be done by me). Insurance i need to take from office since it is company lease. I have also asked for accessories such as Floor Mat ( listed in Mahindra Accessories ) + Reverse Camera and Roof Carrier (not yet confirmed by dealer).

For my existing car Punto 2009 model (top end diesel model) which has run 72k KM they are offering 3.45 lakhs. Is this a good deal or should i be bargaining for more.

Last edited by sridharp77 : 7th November 2014 at 13:07.
Old 7th November 2014, 13:15   #6748
BHPian

For Punto that is a good price offered. 17.14 is the negotiated price,what was the original price? I think for AWD you should get around 1 lakh off. Hope he is not adjusting the discount against the Punto buyback. In which case it is better to sell off Punto in the open market. I got 4.5 for my 2011 swift vdi + 50 k off + 10k off on insurance on W6.
Old 7th November 2014, 13:26   #6749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post

Now I'm in 2 minds again. Wait for the facelift or just pick up the perfectly good car the dealer has on stock? And March 2015 is only 4 months away!
I do not know about the face lift, but I managed to see a TN registered test mule which had come to Pune for further tests, it was the same body shell, but through discrete inquiries, I found out that it has an Aisin AWTF-80 SC gearbox, and a engine remapped to 170BHP with more torque. Secondly this engine will be available only with an AT, as the remap has increased the RPM where max torque is generated. The TCU is currently mapped to start in 2nd in normal conditions. 1st gear will be applied only while starting on graded sections.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWTF-80_SC

http://www.aisinworld.com/products/a...ts/drivetrain/

most of the Autoboxes shown seem to have lockup torque converters which are known for similar efficiency as manuals on open roads, though low speed efficiency may not match the DSG boxes.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 7th November 2014 at 13:42. Reason: Added Wiki and Aisin link
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 14:00   #6750
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
For my existing car Punto 2009 model (top end diesel model) which has run 72k KM they are offering 3.45 lakhs. Is this a good deal or should i be bargaining for more.
My personal experience: don't club selling Punto and buying XUV 500 with the same dealership as FIATs have very less resale value and the dealership exploit the customer. You will get better offer for Punto, if you sell it outside the dealership. Try Team-BHP classifieds and other online ad portals. Anant Cars had the gumption to offer ₹ 1.5 lakh - and later, enhanced to ₹ 1.75 lakh - for my 2009 petrol Linea Emotion Pack with 72 k km on odometer in November 2013. I turned down the offer and bought my XUV 500 from India Garage. Later, I sold Linea for ₹ 3.25 lakh in February 2014.

Most Viewed