Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2015, 20:47   #7021
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Please share the incident. I am eager to know
Nothing specific. Was just curious to know if anyone had any issues. I see unnecessary attention in Chennai while driving around the XUV (Not so in other districts i have driven).
Old 17th February 2015, 10:31   #7022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Nothing specific. Was just curious to know if anyone had any issues. I see unnecessary attention in Chennai while driving around the XUV (Not so in other districts i have driven).
Why would somebody give unnecessary attention to a particular car? Just check around if your registration number is similar to "somebody's" number. Or if you have some real interesting decals or dents on your car.
Or as the old tamil saying goes "everything dark is a ghost for the scared person"
Old 17th February 2015, 11:58   #7023

Dear members,

i am facing a peculiar scenario over here. My XUV went for servicing (first) during which they broke some spring of the waterfall dashboard drawer (one which open up in the center of the dash). Hope you all are understanding the location of the drawer that i am trying to give.

Now the drawer has lost its tension gentle movement and goes down with a thud and drag opens making a noise. i pointed this out immediately to the service managers and other people. They said we will replace it soon as we get the same piece in our warehouse.

Suddenly they have changed their stand now and are saying i will have to pay for it as it is not covered in warranty. i have a simple logic if i have not messed it up i am not paying a penny for the same.

I have taken their GM email addresses and other coordinates and planning to take this up with them accordingly. Any suggestions or guidance on this issue will be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
S
Old 17th February 2015, 12:55   #7024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKHAIR View Post
Dear members,

i am facing a peculiar scenario over here. My XUV went for servicing (first) during which they broke some spring of the waterfall dashboard drawer (one which open up in the center of the dash). Hope you all are understanding the location of the drawer that i am trying to give.

Now the drawer has lost its tension gentle movement and goes down with a thud and drag opens making a noise. i pointed this out immediately to the service managers and other people. They said we will replace it soon as we get the same piece in our warehouse.

Suddenly they have changed their stand now and are saying i will have to pay for it as it is not covered in warranty. i have a simple logic if i have not messed it up i am not paying a penny for the same.

I have taken their GM email addresses and other coordinates and planning to take this up with them accordingly. Any suggestions or guidance on this issue will be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
S
Keep the top honchos at M&M and their customer care in cc when you are sending the mail to the dealership's GM.
Old 17th February 2015, 14:15   #7025

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Keep the top honchos at M&M and their customer care in cc when you are sending the mail to the dealership's GM.
thank you Raj5004

Can you please provide me the coordinates of these top honchos, will be easier for me to take it up with these guys then.

Also, what is the opinion in general?

Am i at fault because of the negligence of these service guys?

Why should i bear the cost of the mistake conducted by their team and moreover they are shredding their responsibility instead of owing it up and helping the customer.

Please guide me, need you opinion on this scenario!

Best,
S
Old 17th February 2015, 14:32   #7026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thank you Raj5004

Can you please provide me the coordinates of these top honchos, will be easier for me to take it up with these guys then.

Also, what is the opinion in general?

Am i at fault because of the negligence of these service guys?

Why should i bear the cost of the mistake conducted by their team and moreover they are shredding their responsibility instead of owing it up and helping the customer.

Please guide me, need you opinion on this scenario!

Best,
S
If the lid was functioning well before you gave the car to the service centre, then there is no reason you need to pay for it. Although the job card does mention that you are surrendering the vehicle to them at your own risk, M&M customer care does a reasonably good job to satisfy their customers, especially the XUV owners.

Unfortunately, I do not have the contacts of the top executives in M&M and some fellow members maybe able to help.
Old 17th February 2015, 15:03   #7027

Quote:
If the lid was functioning well before you gave the car to the service centre, then there is no reason you need to pay for it. Although the job card does mention that you are surrendering the vehicle to them at your own risk, M&M customer care does a reasonably good job to satisfy their customers, especially the XUV owners.

Unfortunately, I do not have the contacts of the top executives in M&M and some fellow members maybe able to help.
Thank you Raj5005!

Members - request your help here!
Can someone please provide me with the relevant email addresses / coordinates of the top notch Mahindra people who will help resolve my issue and put some grey cells in these service managers!

I have somehow started feeling that leaving behind a vehicle for servicing is unsafe? Please guide...

Best,
S
Old 17th February 2015, 15:13   #7028
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Please take the email id of VP-Customer care from this page:
http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/product/getintouch.htm

If I were you, I would escalate to the Area Customer Care manager first before going to the VP for a seemingly small matter. The number of the area customer care manager is usually displayed at the service center. You can call the service center and ask for the number.
Old 17th February 2015, 15:41   #7029

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Please take the email id of VP-Customer care from this page:
http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/product/getintouch.htm

If I were you, I would escalate to the Area Customer Care manager first before going to the VP for a seemingly small matter. The number of the area customer care manager is usually displayed at the service center. You can call the service center and ask for the number.
Thank you SDP.

will definitely take your suggestion into account before taking the next steps.

Hopefully this is resolved without further ado!

The reason i felt miffed is because this is for no fault no fault of mine that they are subjecting me to cost of replacing the entire waterfall assembly, and i know it will be an expensive affair for me for no reason or rhyme!

Best,
S
Old 17th February 2015, 21:46   #7030
BHPian

Note : All owners of W8 & W8AWD manufactured on or before July 2014, there is a software update for Side Airbags. It is a recall, Software Update only, no parts changed.

Link : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/46277322.cms

Last edited by Vasuki : 17th February 2015 at 21:51.
Vasuki is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 17:05   #7031
BHPian

Some thing similar to the report above, but given at Indian Autos Blog.

It says,
The company is currently contacting its owners individually. Alternatively, one could check with the nearest service centre or on the ‘Service Action’ section of the company’s website, to find out if their vehicle is affected.

Link: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/m...adation-168551
Old 18th February 2015, 18:52   #7032
BHPian

What I understand from KTC in cochin is that, it is for all cars before july 2014. They have already done the SW update on mine.
Old 19th February 2015, 02:10   #7033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Some thing similar to the report above, but given at Indian Autos Blog.

It says,
The company is currently contacting its owners individually. Alternatively, one could check with the nearest service centre or on the ‘Service Action’ section of the company’s website, to find out if their vehicle is affected.

Link: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/m...adation-168551
This is the SMS I received today from MM
"You have received this SMS alert for field service action on your XUV500. Please contact your dealer / RM for details - Regards M& M Customer Care"

I have a W4 and it is due for 40K service this march. Planning to take it then. Or should I send it immediately?
Old 19th February 2015, 06:46   #7034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
This is the SMS I received today from MM
"You have received this SMS alert for field service action on your XUV500. Please contact your dealer / RM for details - Regards M& M Customer Care"

I have a W4 and it is due for 40K service this march. Planning to take it then. Or should I send it immediately?
As per the availableinformation it is only a software update. But as w4 has no sidecair bags there might be some undIsclosed updates. Better to contact your relationship manager and decide based on his view.
Old 20th February 2015, 00:06   #7035
BHPian

Quote:

I also received the SMS for my W4, called the withyouhamesha number and was told that the software is same for all versions and hence the update is applicable for W4 as well.

Whatever it is, I plan to take it to the ASS soon as mine is due for 10k service too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks