Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2015, 09:36   #7231
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
And moreover the SA is asking me to go for the full mat. Is it really necessary?
Hi,

They must be suggesting for floor lamination. Better to get the entire floor laminated. Don't go for transparent lamination but the other opaque one. The cost difference is only Rs. 1000/-. I got my floor laminated and it cost me Rs. 6000/- approx. Rubber floor mats should be complementary from the dealer.

Cheers!

Amyth78
amyth78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 12:16   #7232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
Hi smrtdvl, congrats. How much discount did you manage to get?
I am also looking to buy xuv and waiting for face-lift. For the past 3-4 months or so have been hooked to all ownership threads and this thread.
Hey thanks am getting a cash discount of Rs.19500 along with Side Steps, rear guard, door beading and camera as free accessories but the offers are not the same everywhere so you can squeeze more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyth78 View Post
Hi,

They must be suggesting for floor lamination. Better to get the entire floor laminated. Don't go for transparent lamination but the other opaque one. The cost difference is only Rs. 1000/-. I got my floor laminated and it cost me Rs. 6000/- approx. Rubber floor mats should be complementary from the dealer.

Cheers!

Amyth78
Thanks Amyth78. Am not sure whether its lamination because it is altogether a complete mat that runs to the length of the vehicle but let me check with my SA. I am getting other free accessories so skipped the mat. Will get it from outside.
smrtdvl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 12:33   #7233
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all finally booked a purple W8 XUV pre facelift model. Thanks to T-BHP and all the ownership threads which helped me a lot in deciding on the cheetah. The following are the accessories I am planning for
1. Side steps
2. Rear guard
3. Door beading
4. Reverse camera
5. Rubber floor mats.
Existing owners please suggest other necessary accessories that I need to buy. And moreover the SA is asking me to go for the full mat. Is it really necessary?
Congrats on your new buy.

Can you quote the prices of these accessories. As most of these may not be directly from Mahindra you may find them cheaper outside. This happened to me when I bought mine about 3 year back.
Old 5th May 2015, 12:39   #7234
BHPian

Thanks peterjim13 here you go

FREE
1. Side steps Rs.10500
2. Rear guard Rs.5000
3. Door beading Rs.1900
4. Reverse camera Rs.4200
PAID
5. Rubber floor mats Rs.2xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Congrats on your new buy.

Can you quote the prices of these accessories.

Last edited by smrtdvl : 5th May 2015 at 12:40.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 20:40   #7235
BHPian

Took delivery of the XUV 500 yesterday. It's an Opulent Purple W8 FWD. Once again, thanks to all the information shared on this forum which helped me finalise the purchase. Overall, the purchase & delivery process was smooth. Definitely better than my last purchase which was a Maruti. I was at the dealership for the delivery around 11:30 AM and drove out by 1:30 PM.

Time spent at dealership included final signatures on few documents, a short key handing over ceremony and a detailed explanation of almost every feature in the car. I was surprised to see the details with which the features were explained. Interesting thing was that the sales person even made it a point to list down many of the things "perceived" as niggles by new owners. One such example being the rear A/C button not turning on if the vents are closed at the rear.

Opted for the below accessories

1. Rear Guard
2. Night Vision Parking Camera
3. Classy Foot Step
4. Contoured Body Guards
5. Roof Carrier
6. Dramatic Grille Cover
7. Door Handle Rims
8. Rain Visors
9. Rubber Floor Mats
10. Teflon coating
11. Anti-rusting under coating

Had driven about 120 km since yesterday and the experience is awesome. Would share more details and my experience in a different ownership thread.
PADAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 07:10   #7236
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the expected cost of 20K servicing? The SC at Vizag quoted me around 10 K and I was quite surprised. I thought that 40K servicing was the priciest of them all.

Could some one share their 20 K servicing bill here?
Old 11th May 2015, 07:41   #7237
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
What is the expected cost of 20K servicing? The SC at Vizag quoted me around 10 K and I was quite surprised. I thought that 40K servicing was the priciest of them all.

Dhanush, 10K Rs is on the higher side.
I paid 5917 Rs a year back for the 20K service.
Engine Oil ~1500 Rs
Fuel filter ~ 1300 Rs
Gear Oil ~1100 Rs
are the main expenses.
Labour is free.

I had paid 1000Rs for cabin filter just a few days earlier. So those were not replaced again during 20K. I also get alignment/balancing done from outside and had opted out of that at the service center. So another 1000Rs for that.

Even including those 2 items, it would have been ~8000 Rs.

Last edited by SDP : 11th May 2015 at 07:45.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 07:47   #7238
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I paid ₹ 6,603 for the 20 k servicing at India Garage, Guindy, Chennai.

Please tell them specifically that you were not interested in engine-bay polishing, paint-protection, underbody anti-corrosive treatment, etc. in advance.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 11th May 2015 at 07:50.
  (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 09:35   #7239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Took delivery of the XUV 500 yesterday. It's an Opulent Purple W8 FWD. Once again, thanks to all the information shared on this forum which helped me finalise the purchase. Overall, the purchase & delivery process was smooth. Definitely better than my last purchase which was a Maruti. I was at the dealership for the delivery around 11:30 AM and drove out by 1:30 PM.

Time spent at dealership included final signatures on few documents, a short key handing over ceremony and a detailed explanation of almost every feature in the car. I was surprised to see the details with which the features were explained. Interesting thing was that the sales person even made it a point to list down many of the things "perceived" as niggles by new owners. One such example being the rear A/C button not turning on if the vents are closed at the rear.

Opted for the below accessories

1. Rear Guard
2. Night Vision Parking Camera
3. Classy Foot Step
4. Contoured Body Guards
5. Roof Carrier
6. Dramatic Grille Cover
7. Door Handle Rims
8. Rain Visors
9. Rubber Floor Mats
10. Teflon coating
11. Anti-rusting under coating

Had driven about 120 km since yesterday and the experience is awesome. Would share more details and my experience in a different ownership thread.
Congratulations PADAS Wish you happy munching miles with the cheetah!!

Can you share some information like which showroom you bought at and who was the sales executive. Since I am almost deciding on the W6 model with limited stocks available, I don't want to create a mishap out of it and get the vehicle. I want to have a smooth interaction and it will be really helpful if you share the information.

And out of the accessories listed, have you bought all of them or some of them were offered as freebies??
Old 11th May 2015, 09:57   #7240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations PADAS Wish you happy munching miles with the cheetah!!
Thanks a lot for your wishes fusionbang.

Quote:
Can you share some information like which showroom you bought at and who was the sales executive.
I bought the car from from Anant cars, Bangalore. Their showroom is on Bannerghatta Road [Opposite to IIM, Bangalore]. The sales person I dealt with is Mr. Praveen.

Quote:
And out of the accessories listed, have you bought all of them or some of them were offered as freebies??
I converted all the freebies offered in to cash discounts and after making a final deal on ex-showroom price, negotiated a deal on all the accessories listed above for 40k.

Hope the above information helps.
PADAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 12:25   #7241
BHPian

Congratulations Padas on your new purchase. What was the price quoted for roof carrier
Old 11th May 2015, 12:55   #7242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
I bought the car from from Anant cars, Bangalore. Their showroom is on Bannerghatta Road [Opposite to IIM, Bangalore]. The sales person I dealt with is Mr. Praveen.
Even I am contemplating between Anant Cars, Mysore Road and Sireesh Auto, Hosur Road. India Garage is out as they don't have any stocks left of W6.

I am interacting with Mr. Vinay from Anant Cars, Mysore Road and Mr. Praveen from Sireesh Auto.

Today I will be visiting there stock yard and see how many units are available and what are the color options available.

Will keep you guys updated.
Old 11th May 2015, 15:35   #7243
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks peterjim13 here you go

FREE
1. Side steps Rs.10500
2. Rear guard Rs.5000
3. Door beading Rs.1900
4. Reverse camera Rs.4200
PAID
5. Rubber floor mats Rs.2xxx
1. Side steps are a good buy at 10500, but there is one BMW X5 Look alike available in the market for the same price. The fit looked neat, when I saw the same on an accessory shop in Cochin.
Rest all looks the same, as I never bought these except for the floor mat i Use 3D washable and the reverse cam, I got them for 3500 from KTC in Kochi.
Old 11th May 2015, 16:42   #7244
BHPian

Peterjim which shop did you find this in Kochi?
Old 11th May 2015, 17:03   #7245
Senior - BHPian

Guys, finally took the plunge and booked the cheetah(existing model) - XUV5OO W6 at Anant Cars, Mysore Road.

OTR - 14.92lac

I am yet to proceed on the payment, as I am looking for finance which would take some time. I was promised to get good accessories by the executive during deliver, can you please suggest what accessories can I ask him, which should be VFM. I don't like adding chrome and side steps as I am ok without side steps.

Thanks in advance:-)
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed