Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2017, 17:54   #7756
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I changed my battery last week after 43k kms of driving in 4.5 years. It was Exide in the new car but I bought Amaron this time. 85 Ah 105D31R. The local distributor in Noida was offering 6800(MRP) -1000 = 5800 for new battery while carbatteryexpert.com was offering 2k discount. So, I settled for later and paid INR ~4800 . Undertaking a journey to Patna and did not want to take chances. The cranking of late was a bit sluggish although the green indication on battery was intact.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2017 at 18:05. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd June 2017, 07:48   #7757
BHPian

FRONT AC

front AC was not cooling properly, so last Tuesday, took my XUV to concept Mahindra at sector 64 Noida. had to spend 20 k.
main expenses,
evaporator core assembly front, INR 7122+tax
front blower motor siemens, INR 4614+tax
Gas,compressor oil, etc.,INR ~2800+tax
Labour chrges,INR 2900+tax

AC is now working ok, vehicle is 43k, 4.5 years W8.
mkbksc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 12:47   #7758

Has anyone here got bilstein suspension struts fixed on their XUV or any other similar upgrade from Pete's or a similar place? If yes what is your experience? Have a 3 year old W8 and my biggest complain to date (unresolvable) is the side-to-side/lateral movement over speed breakers/uneven roads as well as thud-making pothole crashiness.
Old 9th October 2017, 15:12   #7759
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 W8 AWD : Long Term Ownership Report. EDIT: Now sold!

Dear Team-BHP friends,
I took a Mahindra XUV W8 self-drive Voler car last Saturday with approximately 5 Litres of Diesel in it.
Went straight to a fuel station where he filled 76.93 Litres of diesel in it (with receipt). I was next to the tank all thru when the diesel was being filled.

• Internet says that the tank capacity of 70 Litres.
• Voler guys say that they gave me 5 Litres of Diesel.
• Station owner (raised a complaint to BP) says that all calibration is proper and there is no issue with equipment. He has asked me to come and check.

Voler Manager surprisingly says that the fuel tank can take more than 70 Litres and that he has himself filled till 80.

I am not sure who is lying, or if someone really is.
Need experts who own the car to comment.

P.S: If this thread is in the wrong group, requesting admin to move it and not delete it.
Regards,
Prasanna
Old 9th October 2017, 15:46   #7760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_gem View Post
Dear Team-BHP friends,
I took a Mahindra XUV W8 self-drive Voler car last Saturday with approximately 5 Litres of Diesel in it.
Went straight to a fuel station where he filled 76.93 Litres of diesel in it (with receipt). I was next to the tank all thru when the diesel was being filled.

• Station owner (raised a complaint to BP) says that all calibration is proper and there is no issue with equipment. He has asked me to come and check.

Voler Manager surprisingly says that the fuel tank can take more than 70 Litres and that he has himself filled till 80.

P.S: If this thread is in the wrong group, requesting admin to move it and not delete it.
Regards,
Prasanna
I have a 2014 XUV 500 done Approx 1.67 Lac Kms. The max I have filled with DTE showing 46 Kms is 68L and usually I fill around DTE showing 60-70 Kms and Max it will take is 66-67 L.

Regards
Manik Nanda

Last edited by manikjeet : 9th October 2017 at 15:51.
manikjeet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 15:59   #7761
BHPian

Quote:

Prasanna
No one is lying. I have filled 78.5 ltr when I took delivery of my new age beast and topped up beyond autocut of the dispenser. I have filled fuel >72L on many occasions after the fuel warning lamp blinks but in all cases it was after autocut and upto the filler neck. The pumps I use are mostly COCO so shorchanging is doubtful.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:12   #7762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
No one is lying. I have filled 78.5 ltr when I took delivery of my new age beast and topped up beyond autocut of the dispenser. I have filled fuel >72L on many occasions after the fuel warning lamp blinks but in all cases it was after autocut and upto the filler neck. The pumps I use are mostly COCO so shorchanging is doubtful.

I was not aware that this could happen and may be, had hyperventilated thinking that I was possibly cheated :(
It is very interesting to know this fact though.

Thanks a lot @RajeVenu and @manikjeet.
Among those whom I had reached out to since morning with questions, your responses were the fastest

Regards,
Prasanna
Old 9th October 2017, 16:30   #7763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was not aware that this could happen and may be, had hyperventilated thinking that I was possibly cheated :(
You may find this read interesting...

LINK
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 12:40   #7764
BHPian

Instrument cluster fuse box panel

The mid row 12v power outlet was not working in my vehicle, so i thought of checking the fuse. The manual (the book I have and the one online) displayed the following picture for the fuse box location. But it is not the fuse box location in my vehicle(2014 W6). I am guessing it was changed later. Owners of newer vehicles please confirm.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-instrumentalpanel.png

Saw some relays from below the footwell panel in what seemed to be a fuse panel.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv500fuseboxpanellocation.jpeg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv500fuseboxpanelopened.jpeg
Removed 3 screws that was holding the panel and somehow managed to pry open the cover. You need a chunky screwdriver or a ratchet driver to remove the screws as it was pretty tight. Remove the panel from the right corner and believe me, it is not an easy job.

15A fuse for the 12 power outlet was blown.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv500fuseboxpanelopened2.jpeg

"Driver side panel"
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv500fuseboxpanelbackside.jpeg

The Fuse layout
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv500fuseboxpanelfuselayout.jpeg

Overall a very tedious job for a simple fuse replacement. May be the reason why the location was changed later.
bejoy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 18:24   #7765
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Team-BHP friends,

Regards,
Prasanna

Without going into more technicalities, I would like to share this document that could help resolving the issue.

Sorry for the poor image quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-fuel-tank-capacity.jpg  

Old 7th November 2017, 18:50   #7766
BHPian

Quote:
Internet says that the tank capacity of 70 Litres.

Regards,

Prasanna

Hi Prasanna, I have a June 2016 Auto and the maximum I have filled is 73, before that I had a 2013 W4 manual where maximum I filled is 77 liters.
Old 7th November 2017, 21:27   #7767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
.... have a June 2016 Auto and the maximum I have filled is 73, before that I had a 2013 W4 manual where maximum I filled is 77 liters.
Regularly fill more than 70 litres here. The nearest big one was 73.70L.

@tirthankard77, did you exchange your W4 for the Automatic?
Old 14th November 2017, 07:10   #7768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Regularly fill more than 70 litres here. The nearest big one was 73.70L.

@tirthankard77, did you exchange your W4 for the Automatic?

Yes I did, mine was a 2013 Nov W4. Exchanged that in June 2016 for a W6 Automatic.
Old 10th December 2017, 18:03   #7769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
The mid row 12v power outlet was not working in my vehicle, so i thought of checking the fuse. The manual (the book I have and the one online) displayed the following picture for the fuse box location. But it is not the fuse box location in my vehicle(2014 W6). I am guessing it was changed later. Owners of newer vehicles please confirm.
Attachment 1692378

Saw some relays from below the footwell panel in what seemed to be a fuse panel.
Attachment 1692379

Attachment 1692380
Removed 3 screws that was holding the panel and somehow managed to pry open the cover. You need a chunky screwdriver or a ratchet driver to remove the screws as it was pretty tight. Remove the panel from the right corner and believe me, it is not an easy job.

15A fuse for the 12 power outlet was blown.
Attachment 1692381

"Driver side panel"
Attachment 1692382

The Fuse layout
Attachment 1692383

Overall a very tedious job for a simple fuse replacement. May be the reason why the location was changed later.
How much power can I take out from these 12v socket.? I am planning to get an inverter for one socket so was wondering if I can charge my laptop and camera using inverter.
Old 11th December 2017, 09:51   #7770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
How much power can I take out from these 12v socket.? I am planning to get an inverter for one socket so was wondering if I can charge my laptop and camera using inverter.
You can easily charge a laptop or camera from these power outlets. I think the maximum power which you can draw is 120W

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks