Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2019, 10:47   #7846
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Approach MMI directly, they will have an update since they sell the same maps on their devices to other customers as well.

reply from MMI as below:
<<
Please note that we have already shared a circular to about the map upgrade process for Mahindra vehicles in India. The map upgrade has to be done through the Mahindra dealer service network only in India.

MapmyIndia has recently released map of version 18.1. But now we are not providing latest map update to Mahindra vehicles in India. If you have any suspicion so we request you to please get in touch with helpline of Mahindra for better assistance.
>>
Old 15th February 2019, 14:34   #7847
BHPian

Hi everybody, enjoying my XUV500 W11 at (o) to the fullest. Have a query regarding extended warranty- what is the cost of getting the shield for 4 th and 5 th year. Is the cost same if taken subsequently on expiry of 4th year or if taken together in the beginning for 4th and 5th year? Thanks

Last edited by SDP : 11th March 2019 at 09:34. Reason: Wll -> w11
Old 28th March 2019, 11:00   #7848
BHPian

I have recently changed the stock speakers in my XUV W(11) automatic. Though I am not a heavy music lover, I felt they were pathetic, and my kids were also complaining.

Replaced them with:

Hertz DSK 165.3 comps( front and back.)
4 doors complete damping.
Total cost came to around 21000

I am now quite happy with the sound quality, both low and high volume. The OEM headunit is doing pretty good job.
Old 28th March 2019, 22:58   #7849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hi everybody, enjoying my XUV500 W11 at (o) to the fullest. Have a query regarding extended warranty- what is the cost of getting the shield for 4 th and 5 th year. Is the cost same if taken subsequently on expiry of 4th year or if taken together in the beginning for 4th and 5th year? Thanks
Check this out - https://www.mahindraxuv500.com/owner...shieldwarranty. Taking the 4th &5th together makes sense, also opt for the on road assistance.

You can buy online from here - https://www.withyouhamesha.com/shield.aspx
Old 10th May 2019, 13:42   #7850
t0m
BHPian

Hello All-

Just got my XUV 500 W9 Automatic. Realized that wifi is not available in it nor are the connected apps. Any idea if it's a hardware limitation or can be upgraded by a software update. Mahindra site says these are only available in the top end W10 model. But I was wondering since my Head Unit shows the wifi icon (although disabled), maybe it contains the required wifi hardware and only lacks in the software.

Thanks
Viv

Last edited by t0m : 10th May 2019 at 13:45.
Old 12th May 2019, 09:11   #7851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
reply from MMI as below:
<<
Please note that we have already shared a circular to about the map upgrade process for Mahindra vehicles in India. The map upgrade has to be done through the Mahindra dealer service network only in India.

MapmyIndia has recently released map of version 18.1. But now we are not providing latest map update to Mahindra vehicles in India. If you have any suspicion so we request you to please get in touch with helpline of Mahindra for better assistance.
>>
Sorry i realised now only that my response for garbled for some reason. MMI and Nippon both mentioned that they dont have any update for 2012 xuv and i should contact M&M only who also do not have any idea. This is poor support and it will happen to newer xuvs as well in future.
Old 14th May 2019, 08:56   #7852
BHPian

Standard reply from M&M.

"This email has reference to the discussion that we had wherein you have confirmed & our records say that the Map my India map version*is updated to 9 which is the latest."

In future if there are any such updates which pertain to your vehicle, the same will be whole heartedly communicated by Sireesh team*to take it forward.
Old 1st June 2019, 14:33   #7853
A.R
BHPian

Question: My XUV 500 2014 model's front leather seats have started to wear out - the bottom portion that connects to the seat chair has cuts on the sides. This is a W8 and has side/curtain airbags on the seat back. What options do I have to replace the seat covers? Or do I have to replace the entire seat? And who does this kind of work. Thanks.
Old 5th June 2019, 17:09   #7854
BHPian

My Cheetah crossed 1.5L KMS yesterday.
It's 2012 November manufactured vehicle which I bought pre-owned in 2015 November @ 42K KMS.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20190604_175504__01.jpg

It has been fairly reliable till date, without any out of the box expenses besides the usual wear and tear items.
The vehicle still feels and runs like a dream.

Obviously all the services have been carried out on time, without missing any services which is why she looks and feels as good as new.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20181026_110810__01.jpg
OverKill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 17:50   #7855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Or do I have to replace the entire seat? And who does this kind of work. Thanks.
Replacing entire seats is a costly affair, I remember another XUV owner (who is not located at Bangalore, hence may not be helpful with ASC contact) who got the damaged portion only replaced through a contact at Mahindra ASC.

You could try that out with your RM. Also, if you are still under extended warranty, you could try replacement, though it may come under wear & tear category.
Old 13th June 2019, 13:20   #7856
BHPian

Hi,
I request our support team to publish a review of the new XUV 500. With the competition intensifying in this segment, an updated report will help us immensely.
Regards
Old 8th July 2019, 18:07   #7857
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the pre-facelift XUV5OO in Dubai yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised and confused at the same time.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20190706_165112.jpg

I was surprised to see an unknown car from an unknown manufacturer (in UAE) being considered for a purchase.

While I was aware that Mahindra sells the XUV in the UAE, I had never ever seen one.

Then I went to the official dealer's website to find two points that shocked me:
  • On-road price - AED 56,900 including VAT [approximately 10.62 Lacs] for the top end with all bells and whistles
  • 5 years/150K kms warranty - offered by only Hyundai/Kia (on some models) and other Chinese brands in the UAE
That's half the price of what it is sold in India. I won't blame Mahindra here for that, as UAE has no taxes on automobiles, except 5% VAT.

But how come Mahindra is including the generous 5 years warranty here, in this harsh high temperature region. Maybe because the roads are good and in general the driving standards are better!

Why was I confused? Why will someone but the under-powered XUV here over the well established rivals? As I understood, there are no other good 7 seater options in this price range (without considering the Chinese cars)! There is the dreadful Toyota Avanza, which is obviously the default choice!

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-01.jpg
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 13:21   #7858
BHPian

I have an XUV W6 and wanted to know if I can deactivate the follow me home function in my car. I think I have read it somewhere but cant remember. Any pointers?
Old 30th July 2019, 15:33   #7859
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I have an XUV W6 and wanted to know if I can deactivate the follow me home function in my car. I think I have read it somewhere but cant remember. Any pointers?
IIRC follow-me-home works only in "Automatic Headlights" mode. Switch to AUTO on the headlights stalk and that should do the trick.

Last edited by SDP : 31st July 2019 at 15:41. Reason: Changed Off to Auto
Old 31st July 2019, 13:34   #7860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
IIRC follow-me-home works only in "Automatic Headlights" mode. Switch to OFF on the headlights stalk and that should do the trick.
Are you sure Sanjay? My both W6 and W11 were never in Auto mode but still follow me home works.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks