Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 21:39   #166
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review

I have booked Delite+.. excited. This car will be for school drop, hope no disappointments.
Chose EON for FE and its attractive low price vs value for money.
Other contender was Nano but Tata sales was very bad and their bad after sales knocked it off.
Old 13th February 2012, 23:04   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdsz View Post
I have booked Delite+.. excited. This car will be for school drop, hope no disappointments.
Chose EON for FE and its attractive low price vs value for money.
Other contender was Nano but Tata sales was very bad and their bad after sales knocked it off.
If you are considering the Eon for its claimed FE, kindly note that FE figures in Hyundai cars such as Eon and the i10 can vary quite widely in real time conditions. Kindly refer to this post and the ones preceding it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2679804
Old 14th February 2012, 23:17   #168
BHPian

Thanks for the heads-up, appreciate it. Had very little choice at that range, opted Alto out as we once had one few years ago.. though Alto is a great car didnt want to buy it again
EON would mostly run on the ORR in Blore, hopefully the FE wont disappoint.
Old 16th February 2012, 22:08   #169

Great review even it is late !!
Unfortunately performance, NVH can not be seen on review pages; but looks only can be seen and they are appreciated. Great style keeping utility. May be wastage exists on unused long head lamps and large tail lamps exceeding functional requirements.
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:24   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
If you are considering the Eon for its claimed FE, kindly note that FE figures in Hyundai cars such as Eon and the i10 can vary quite widely in real time conditions. Kindly refer to this post and the ones preceding it:
FE varies based on numerous parameters like tyre pressure, driving style etc. and it does vary for all cars and not only for Eon or i10.
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:40   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
FE varies based on numerous parameters like tyre pressure, driving style etc. and it does vary for all cars and not only for Eon or i10.
Quite true. But the general trend is that normal driving "conditions" (driving styles, conditions of car and road, etc.) should not deviate significantly from the company's ARAI specified FE of the car. Problem is, the i10's touted ARAI FE is 20+ kmpl, but most owners have complained of poor FE. Many have claimed that the MT i10 delivers 10-12 kmpl, which is off the ARAI mark by a huge margin.

By the law of averages (driving styles and road conditions) it IS unusual for such a large number of i10 owners to complain of poor FE. Going by the many threads of this forum, I dont seem to have found such high discrepancy in FE readings among other cars.

Last edited by misquitas : 3rd March 2012 at 21:59.
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:04   #172
BHPian

Sorry for the deviation from the core topic of the thread. Just to answer your query Misquitas, ARAI specified FE is way off track for almost all cars. I wouldn't go by ARAI however I would keep ARAI as a ballpark figure rather than sticking to it. Many drive i10 or Eon within the city limits, not only the 2 cars but almost all small hatches are driven within city limits and in bumper to bumper traffic so it is imperative to take into account of all possible parameters before coming up with mileage of a car.
Old 5th March 2012, 15:12   #173
BHPian

I really wish the EON had a K10, which simply means I really wish this was a Maruti. This is my only rant against Maruti. They have made some great cars for the middle class and the upper middle class in our country. The classic example was the very first Maruti Zen (Carb'd and the MPFI) ones. Tell me even today who would turn their heads to a beautifully maintained wine red Zen. That car had beautiful curves and what not. Now fast forward a bit and voila!! the Estilo. I am just trying to imagine what would have happened to that car if Jeremy Clarkson or Richard Hammond were to review it. I am sure they would have driven it up to Burj Khalifa and dropped it down from there on a bunch of caravans. It was horrible and terrible beyond the little vocabulary I have left in me. It looked like a secret lovechild of an Innova and a Maruti 800 with squint eyes and skinny legs.

This is my whole point. Maruti makes the most fuel efficient cars in India. There are no questions about that. However, they are so terrible with their styling department both interior and exterior. For example the A/C controls in the new Alto is exactly the same that was in the old one. I am glad they didn't mount it on the speedo console like the old 800, when ever i turned it, it always ended up coming with me. And talking about exterior of the new Alto, its got one word written all over it, BORING. I mean sleepinducingly boring. Why??? when your competitors can bring up cars that are cheap and chic like the new EON why does the alto look like a blast from the past?

I grew up seeing my dad drive around a 1989 blue M800 which he later sold for another neptune blue M800. Then later in 2006 we welcomed a silky silver Baleno Vxi to our family which I use today and then in 2010 we welcomed another silky silver wagon r which my dad uses. You got to love the good old maruti for its unbelievable reliability. Provided if maruti did something to improve the styling of their cars. I really love the new Swift it is by far the cutest hatchback in the market now. But the new Dzire. God what have they done to it???? It looks like someone shoved a huge trunk box up a nice and new Swift's backside and left it half way with 2 lights on both the sides and a provision for a license plate "just in case" if someone buys it. It has to be the ugliest car of the century in India. Maruti, you have a lot to learn from your competitors. You are nuked if one of your competitors arrives at the market with something better than the Swift. "Be quick or be dead"
ron_9191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 01:53   #174
BHPian

GTO, it seems you may have missed a few details here. I may be wrong but I saw no mention of these in your review.

The so called premium 3 spoke steering wheel for the Spotz version actually does not have the ridges at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions for the thump park, while the lesser 2 spoke steering has this. Glaring omission I'd by Hyundai.

The IRVM does not have the lever for night view or anti-glare view so to say, even in the top variant. How does one explain this? People driving small cars do not have any problems with glares at night? Oh, Hyundai ... Seriously, is there any manual adjustments or movements possible to make it anti glare?

ORVMirrors on the Sportz are bigger and offer more to view in them. Plus 1.

There is no provision in the lesser variants to fix the fog lamps other than to cut a hole in the bumper where there should have been a removable seal or something.
Old 20th March 2012, 10:32   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
GTO, it seems you may have missed a few details here. I may be wrong but I saw no mention of these in your review.

The so called premium 3 spoke steering wheel for the Spotz version actually does not have the ridges at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions for the thump park, while the lesser 2 spoke steering has this. Glaring omission I'd by Hyundai.
Agreed with druk75.
Two spoke steering has thumbpark ridges which are missed in higher variants (Magna & Sports)

Image can be seen from Manish' thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dscn0407.jpg

Last edited by zalaps : 20th March 2012 at 10:40. Reason: added url
Old 17th April 2012, 17:31   #176
BHPian

Was checking for EON pricelist online and found that there are 16 variants !!!!!

This will definitely affect manufacturing efficiency and the production costs would also go up.
Attached Images

Old 21st April 2012, 15:48   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ not really.

DLite,DLite+, Era+,Magna+ and Sportz are the variants.

S stands for solid colour eg. white and M for metallic paint finishes(base coat+clear lamination).

In LPG variants,the kit would be an extra
Old 27th April 2012, 13:00   #178

I'm not really sure of the way my wife's EON is behaving in this way, whenever I accelerate a little harder the car just shakes as if something is holding it back. However if the acceleration is more linear the lag is non existent. I called up the sales guy for this, he said that it is a feature of the car which is normal for all 800cc engines. I didn't understand the logic . After driving for past 20 years do I have to "LEARN" to drive a car again or is it the ECU playing it's part by restricting the power supply to the alternator. I'm a bit confused here, anyone facing similar problem ?
Old 27th April 2012, 17:22   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampai View Post
I'm not really sure of the way my wife's EON is behaving in this way, whenever I accelerate a little harder the car just shakes as if something is holding it back. However if the acceleration is more linear the lag is non existent. I called up the sales guy for this, he said that it is a feature of the car which is normal for all 800cc engines. I didn't understand the logic . After driving for past 20 years do I have to "LEARN" to drive a car again or is it the ECU playing it's part by restricting the power supply to the alternator. I'm a bit confused here, anyone facing similar problem ?
Hyundai clearly haven't spent enough time working on the NVH and this shows in the incessantly vibrating gear lever and the vibrations felt at the pedal. Any Engine [especially a three cylinder motor] requires meticulous ECU tuning to sort out the jerkiness/lag usually seen in lower gears. Hyundai uses a mechanical linkage for gears instead of a cable operated one like in i10 and this is one of the reasons along with the obvious three cylinder configuration which is responsible for the gear shifter vibration. The jerking/lag that you see is due to the engine being tuned lean on the interests of fuel efficiency. Using lean engine maps which are more suited to linear throttle inputs for optimized fuel efficiency is what leads to the so called lag.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 27th April 2012 at 17:38.
Old 27th April 2012, 17:28   #180

So do EON owners will have to live with it or something can be done without compromising warranty . Right now the car has hardly been driven 400 kms , maybe another 2-3k and first service may change this . Or not .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks