Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 19:14   #331
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
I strongly suspect if its the interior parts making all sorts of noises on bad roads that is making me feel like the suspension is bumpy.

Tyre pressures and alignment are all fine. Moreover I recently upgraded to 165/65 R13 continental ecocontact3 tyres with the right offset wheels
20-25K is too less and too quick for any car to startup on suspension issues unless it is driven only on bad roads with full of craters.

I hope there are no bulges in the tyres?
Old 16th September 2015, 23:25   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
20-25K is too less and too quick for any car to startup on suspension issues unless it is driven only on bad roads with full of craters.

I hope there are no bulges in the tyres?
There are no bulges in the tyres. I just got them 3 days back. And yes it is driven on mostly roads in pretty bad condition but even I think its quite early. Maybe it's psychological and the noises from the not so well built door panels that makes me feel so.
Old 28th October 2015, 13:23   #333
Senior - BHPian

You think rims can be upgraded to R14? The low ground clearance, the suspension, everything seems to be off in the Eon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Have any owners felt their suspension starting to act weird and getting more bumpy post 20-25k kms? Well, I have and getting it checked at service didn't help and they claim all suspensions to be perfectly fine.
I strongly suspect if its the interior parts making all sorts of noises on bad roads that is making me feel like the suspension is bumpy. Tyre pressures and alignment are all fine. Moreover I recently upgraded to 165/65 R13 continental ecocontact3 tyres with the right offset wheels
Old 28th October 2015, 23:03   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
You think rims can be upgraded to R14? The low ground clearance, the suspension, everything seems to be off in the Eon.
I dont think so. 14 inch wheels would make the tyres scrape with the wheel wells while turning.
I got the suspension checked and apparently something's wrong with the stabilizer rod.
Old 17th December 2015, 11:36   #335
BHPian

Hello,

I have an EON 800 that is about 47 months old now. I recently had an issue that the steering was very hard and the EPS light came on. Figured it was a Electronic Power steering Failure . Wife called to say that this was the behaviour. We took picture of the EPS light and I asked her to switch off the vehicle ( Luckily car was at Home ).

When I checked in later the light did not come up and the PS was fine. However I decided to take it to Shreenath for checkup. 500 metres before the Shreenath garage the light came up again and I am thankful it did, I managed to show it to service advisor. I didn't switch off the car and asked the guy to come out and see. Took a picture again and asked him to fetch his OBD tool.

OBD also showed error which he took a picture off.

Had to leave the vehicle with them. Next day morning they called me saying all is working ok. I asked if they changed any part and they said no but they have lubricated the motor and tightened some wire. I told him on phone that I am not convinced with the resolution. What happens when the WD40 dries up, wouldn't the EPS freeze again. He said he had taken a trial. I again requested him to take a longish trial to be sure.

He said he would do so. Called me again late afternoon and asked to pick up the car in evening. When I did that the Usual Shreenath way of sign all papers and then go out to get the car. The moment the car was powered on the EPS light comes in again. Wow what luck.

Showed it to the advisor and requested his manager to come to the parking area. By then the advisor had rebooted the car and the light was gone. Luckily showed picture and he was convinced that issue still there. I requested him to put the same in part replacement from Hyundai. In any case its not going to go from their pockets as the car is in extended warranty and the company reimburses them.

The actual car part is about 26,000. The will also see if the Steering column is faulty and needs to be replaced as well . Whatever it is I have asked them to do a part replace instead of repair. My Extended warranty is just valid for another 2 weeks (Lucky me).

My car is not regularly serviced at shreenath so yesterday they have requested service history which was provided to them by me. I even politely told them that its best that part is replaced instead of repaired because if it happens again after a few months outside of warranty then I would just have to escalate it to Hyundai that initial job was not done correctly by them since the car has already come in for the issue within warranty period. So it would be smoothest for them as well as me to take a part change approval.

While this is being done I am told that they do not have the spares and will need to get them in from Chennai. I do not know about the stock position of spares in Chennai but this might take time due to their own flooding problems and spares being consumed locally. Meanwhile Shreenath wanted me to take the car till the spare comes in. This I plainly refused for two reasons. If the car is with hard steering its very difficult to drive and secondly if this vehicle is occupying a parking within their premise then they are quicker to do the work with a sense of urgency and move the car out.

As we speak the vehicle is with them and waiting for spares to arrive. Thank god for the Extended warranty I purchased. The extra 4K I spent for 2 additional years are totally worth it.

Has any of you EON owners faced this EPS issue with their cars?
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 13:41   #336
BHPian

Hi everyone, I have owned this lovely machine for 1.5 years. Got a Hyundai Eon Sportz variant pristine blue in 2014.

Currently the Odo is reading 26,000 kms. The car is absolutely brilliant to drive in both city and highway. Recently I have driven with 6 people for about 10 kms inside city due to unavailability of cabs during that particular time. Must say the car did well, thankfully I did not encounter any speed breakers in that route.

The major concern during my entire ownership was the low ground clearance and sluggish nature of car in 2nd gear. It needs the correct RPM and gear shift to keep it moving ahead.

I will be writing my ownership in the near future.
gm_arun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 23:27   #337
BHPian

Today my car just didnt start. If you guys could help me find the cause of the problem that would be great.

1. I inserted the key let the fuel and temperature indicators do their sweep.
2. Then when i tried to turn the ignition all the console lights dimmed and finally switched off for a few seconds.
3. Tried it multiple times giving it some rest. But no success.
4. By mistake lowered one of the power windows. Took a lot of time to go back up again.
5. Checked the contact terminals of the battery. It seemed quite clean.
6. Finally had to push the car with my wife at the steering wheel. Pushed it for almost a kilometer back home. Felt like a participant in the worlds strongest man!

What could be the problem? I really dont want to go to Hyundai. Just in February they charged me 10k+ for service!

What are my options? Is it the battery which has passed out?

Its a 2012 make Hundai Eon Sportz with just under 37k on the odo in a span of 43 months. No change done in battery or tyres. Only yearly servicing after the first three 'free' services.

Thanks.
Old 5th August 2016, 08:48   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Today my car just didnt start. If you guys could help me find the cause of the problem that would be great.

1. I inserted the key let the fuel and temperature indicators do their sweep.
2. Then when i tried to turn the ignition all the console lights dimmed and finally switched off for a few seconds.
3. Tried it multiple times giving it some rest. But no success.
4. By mistake lowered one of the power windows. Took a lot of time to go back up again.
5. Checked the contact terminals of the battery. It seemed quite clean.
6. Finally had to push the car with my wife at the steering wheel. Pushed it for almost a kilometer back home. Felt like a participant in the worlds strongest man!

What could be the problem? I really dont want to go to Hyundai. Just in February they charged me 10k+ for service!

What are my options? Is it the battery which has passed out?

Its a 2012 make Hundai Eon Sportz with just under 37k on the odo in a span of 43 months. No change done in battery or tyres. Only yearly servicing after the first three 'free' services.

Thanks.
Hi deevee,

Did you check the condition of the battery? Did you try pushing and starting your vehicle. Since its a 4 year old battery I feel it must have been discharged fully or its life is over. Remove battery and check in nearby battery shops. They will let you know its condition.
gm_arun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 10:14   #339
Senior - BHPian

Finally, fed up of the low ground clearance which has demolished the underside - gear cable and engine guard, got Rogerab installed. Its a great product but since its not customized for Eon, the fitting is not proper leading to slight screeching noise (like two rubber pieces rubbing against each other) on the front right suspension. I wish this gets sorted but they dont have competent service yet in Bengaluru, so am back to square one.
Old 8th August 2016, 11:17   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, fed up of the low ground clearance which has demolished the underside - gear cable and engine guard, got Rogerab installed. Its a great product but since its not customized for Eon, the fitting is not proper leading to slight screeching noise (like two rubber pieces rubbing against each other) on the front right suspension. I wish this gets sorted but they dont have competent service yet in Bengaluru, so am back to square one.
Hi Sebring,

I understand your concern. But thankfully the speed bumps in Chennai and surrounding aren't that bad. Also I take extra precaution while going over them because few times I have scrapped underbelly nicely. So do you still have it installed and how was the ride quality with them?

Managed to take 7 people in Eon over few speed breakers in Besant nagar, Chennai. Due to unavailability of cabs or vehicle I had to do it. But the car behaved good not even a small scratch. Guess I must thank the Corporation for laying such a good useful speed breakers
gm_arun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:52   #341
Senior - BHPian

Yes, still have them as the noise has subsided now. Cant say much about the product as Im not 100% confident, to endorse it. Bangalore has no roads as of the moment, only potholes and heavy rains. Plan to buy a boat next.
Old 13th August 2016, 15:50   #342
Senior - BHPian

To those who are curious, Rogerab is this set of really delicate looking semi transparent spacers for both front and the back. There was this squeaking noise after installation on the right suspension but seems to have subsided after some spirited driving over the notrious potholes.

Adding some pics of the underside cable damage suffered by my car and of Rogerab post that. You can see the 12 inch wheels ride a few cms taller enabling the car to clear Bengaluru's infamous mini mountains now. It comes with a 21 day 'money back' guarantee and the seller was sweet enough to answer my every query - picking up the phone every time.

The handling is a bit 'boaty', but that's a trade off I'm prepared to take.

Please note that I'm in no way associated with this brand and am not promoting it as I'm still unclear how it would perform in the long run.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review-damage.png  

Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review-rogerab-3.png  

Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review-rogerab-4.png  

Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 12:31   #343
BHPian

Quote:
To those who are curious, Rogerab is this set of really delicate looking semi transparent spacers for both front and the back. There was this squeaking noise after installation on the right suspension but seems to have subsided after some spirited driving over the notrious potholes.
Does it also improve how car behaves on speed breakers ? We bought an eon last month, its a great little car however back seat comfort is very bad as it kind of jumps on most speed breakers unless you pass over them very very gently? Do you feel, Is it worth the 5k which they are charging for it ?
Old 26th August 2016, 15:06   #344
Senior - BHPian

No, Im afraid the car is as bumpy as before. My family's thoroughly irritated with these jumps as well. If you have 13 inch wheels then dont bother, simply upsize the rims to tackle rough roads. Like I said I'm not fully confident enough to recommend this product, though for the moment it works fine as promised.

The 21 day 'money back' does ensure peace of mind, but I've not asked for refund so not sure about that as well. So there you go.

[quote=Haste;4043117]Does it also improve how car behaves on speed breakers ?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 18:26   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Motor India recalls 7,657 Eon cars

Eon customers of respective period will be notified in a phased manner for inspection of the clutch cable fouling with Battery Cable and replace the Battery Cable if found damaged.

Quote:
Indian arm of South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor has voluntarily recalled 7,657 Eon cars, to inspect the “Clutch Cable Fouling with Battery Cable”, at no cost to customer.The recalled cars include the ones manufactured between January 1, 2015 - January 31, 2015.
link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th October 2016 at 18:29.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks