Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2018, 19:31   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review

Hello members,
We have been using the Eon Era+ since the last couple of months and have been satisfied with the car on most aspects.

However, there is an issue which makes it very difficult to drive the car at night. The Era+ variant comes with a basic IRVM without day/night functionality. When enquired during the first service, I was told that all variants come with this type of IRVM.

I would like to know if anyone has replaced the IRVM with day/night (manual or auto) IRVM on their cars. If yes, it would be great to know from which car the replacement unit came and the cost involved. I am thinking of replacing it with something from i10/Grand i10 instead of going for large after-market screens that look totally out of place.
Old 10th April 2018, 00:57   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Hello members,
We have been using the Eon Era+ since the last couple of months and have been satisfied with the car on most aspects.

However, there is an issue which makes it very difficult to drive the car at night. The Era+ variant comes with a basic IRVM without day/night functionality. When enquired during the first service, I was told that all variants come with this type of IRVM.

I would like to know if anyone has replaced the IRVM with day/night (manual or auto) IRVM on their cars. If yes, it would be great to know from which car the replacement unit came and the cost involved. I am thinking of replacing it with something from i10/Grand i10 instead of going for large after-market screens that look totally out of place.
Did you find something? I'm on the lookout for the same, and want it to still look close to stock.
Old 11th April 2018, 01:08   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhawal20 View Post
Did you find something? I'm on the lookout for the same, and want it to still look close to stock.
Hi,

I didn't find anything. As of now, I am waiting for my local accessory shop to arrange a parking sensor kit which, according to the shopkeeper, will come with a separate IRVM (to be clipped onto the existing one) to display distance. He says it has some coating which makes it darker and more usable at night. I will check it in person and let you know if I install that product.
Old 11th April 2018, 02:06   #364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhawal20 View Post
Quote:
I didn't find anything.
Can you guys just enquire at your respective ASC on the difference in the two part numbers for IRVM?

85101-1Y000 = Mirror Assy, Rear View Inside = ₹317

85101-4A000 = Mirror Assy, Rear View Inside = ₹291

I'll see if my SA can be of any help or not.

PS: Prices are approximate and may vary in reality so please take it as an assumption.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 17:08   #365
BHPian

Hi all, I had given my recently purchased pre-owned Hyundai Eon for annual service @ Trident Hyundai service station kalyan nagar, Bangalore.

When I received the car in the evening I noticed these crack like formations on the headlamp (which weren't there before). Such formation of cracks can happen within few hours. It always forms gradually.
When I asked the service advisor about this he said that it had been there before too and happens due to heat from the sun.

Now I have the following queries :
  1. The car has been driven only 20k km in 6 years within city by first owner and it was mostly parked in apartment basement. I have a 10 year old Honda City too which is parked under the sun but doesn't show such cracks. So is the SA bluffing? Have they messed with my car? Can it be some sort of chemical reaction with some cleaning solution they use?
  2. I know I am late as I had given my car for service in April first week this year and couldn't seek advice on this platform as I was busy with end semester exams. So should I avoid Trident Hyundai @ kalyan nagar in future . How was the experience of other bhpians so far?
  3. The crack seems to be only on the surface of the lens and didn't seem that it would break soon when I applied pressure on it. So should I be prepared change the headlamp in future?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review-img_20180503_131025.jpg  

Old 25th June 2018, 00:19   #366
BHPian

Took delivery of my Eon Magna+ on 14th of this month. Will try to post an ownership review.

Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review-eon-1.jpg

Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review-eon-2.jpg
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 08:45   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Took delivery of my Eon Magna+ on 14th of this month.
Hi, congratulations on the purchase. Now that you'd have used the car for a fair bit of time, can you please check if your car's steering wheel also has the below problem.

So this is the problem: When I drive mine and turn the steering right by 10 degrees or so (typical lane change manoeuvre), the self-centre action when I leave the steering is so strong that the wheel ends up moving 10-15 degrees on the other side.

I have got alignment and balancing done but the issue persists. Hyundai folks found no problem and showed me another Eon which had a similar problem. They say that there is something called "free play" in all Eons of the newer batches and the car should move in a straight line even when the steering is 10 degrees on either side. I found it hard to believe as my car does steer left or right even with the slightest steering input.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 16:17   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, congratulations on the purchase. Now that you'd have used the car for a fair bit of time, can you please check if your car's steering wheel also has the below problem.
Hello.. Thank you!

My car doesn't have any such issues. But, the steering was off centre by 5-10 degree on the LHS when new. I had taken it straight for swap of tyres and it was set right there.

Please talk to some senior supervisor at the workshop or try a different ASS if available in your city.

Apologies for the delay in response.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 19:10   #369
Senior - BHPian

For those who suffer from non darkening small IRVMs, I too faced same problem with Beat. But I now use Broadway Blue Tint Convex 300mm Rear View Mirror. I bought it last February from Amazon at Rs.700. It is basically a wide angle rear view mirror with a blue coating, so at night the rear cars with their upper headlight don't bother us. In day too, the display is pleasant. Best feature is the wide angle, where I can see faces of my both my rear view passengers, and even see outside the rear windows! This has really shrunken the blind spots while driving/reversing.

If you find the mirror for about 1k, it is a great purchase. I have stuck it on stock mirror using two sided tape.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 20:37   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
If you find the mirror for about 1k, it is a great purchase. I have stuck it on stock mirror using two sided tape.
Hi, the mirror looks very useful. I checked online for the mirror but it is costing way more than 1k. My local sticker shop guys have suggested a tint film for the IRVM, the one that's used to tint headlamps, foglamps and the like. They had blue, grey and black in stock. The film is nice & thick, looks something like this.

I will be putting the blue film on my IRVM next week and will get back with the results.

Last edited by self_driven : 7th November 2018 at 20:38.
Old 18th May 2019, 16:11   #371
BHPian

Hi friends,

I've been using my sisters Hyundai Eon Magna+ (purchased in April 2014 in Trivandrum). I've temporarily moved to Chennai and have been using the car here. So, one month ago, I had given the car for service to KUN Hyundai Arumbakkam. There were some faults with the car - like the headlight wires were chewed by the rats, etc. The next day after the service, i got a call telling me that the works are over and it's on the way home for delivery - and there was another bomb; the SA told me that the EPS module is not working and has to be replaced for a cost of Rs.12,000/- . And if the problem still persists, steering assembly itself has to be changed is what he told me. And yes, there has been a delay of a month for me to take it up seriously with them as I'm musician travelling frequently, hence never could search much about it and bring it up to them.

I have always read about EPS failure in Hyundai vehicles and it has shocked me. But never knew it happens in the Eon as well. I further went online and checked and figured it has been happening with a lot of very new Eons as well (link - https://www.consumercomplaints.in/hy...aulty-c1535885)

1. What do i do next? I just now raised a complaint with Hyundai and waiting for their response.
2. I still feel that an EPS failure in a less than 5 year old car (sadly it is indeed out of warranty) is quite shocking and this is a part that usually never fails on cars in their entire lifetime. And that too, it happened while the car was in for service and exactly in one single night.
3. Should i push for Hyundai to change it themselves or get it done myself?

MODS, kindly move it to an ideal thread if you don't find it to be put here.

Cheers!
Old 30th July 2019, 00:14   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
I have always read about EPS failure in Hyundai vehicles and it has shocked me. But never knew it happens in the Eon as well.
Hey, can you give us an update on the EPS issue? Did it get resolved, and also how much was the total damage?
When your EPS went kaput after the service, did the car's steering behave normally but without any power assistance or did it only show an EPS Failure fault on the instrument cluster?

Last edited by Sherlocked : 30th July 2019 at 00:19.
Old 30th July 2019, 13:47   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
... SA told me that the EPS module is not working and has to be replaced for a cost of Rs.12,000/- ...

... feel that an EPS failure in a less than 5 year old car (sadly it is indeed out of warranty) is quite shocking and this is a part that usually never fails on cars in their entire lifetime...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Did it get resolved, and also how much was the total damage?
When your EPS went kaput after the service, did the car's steering behave normally but without any power assistance or did it only show an EPS Failure fault on the instrument cluster?
I had a similar experience with EPS failure on Eon, which is described here -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4369552

Since the car is used by my wife, I didn't try any other option - which was to procure an used unit and fit it.

BTW, if the number of EPS failures are particularly high shouldn't Hyundai be initiating necessary customer support?
Old 30th July 2019, 14:19   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hey, can you give us an update on the EPS issue? Did it get resolved, and also how much was the total damage?
The steering just hardened and was really difficult to use in addition to the EPS failure light being ON in the instrument cluster. Meaning, there was no assistance at all! The car was totally not usable for me thereafter. Find below the details of the repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
I had a similar experience with EPS failure on Eon, which is described here -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4369552

Since the car is used by my wife, I didn't try any other option - which was to procure an used unit and fit it.

BTW, if the number of EPS failures are particularly high shouldn't Hyundai be initiating necessary customer support?

So I called up Hyundai Customer care who later connected me to the service centre itself - KUN Hyundai and I told the service advisor about my issue. And he spoke to me a lot saying nothing can be done about it, etc. I told him as to how many cars are having this issue across the nation and all such stuff. He finally handed over the Customer Care executives number at KUN. In the meantime, I had gone through all of Hyundai social media pages and have seen various people raising similar complaints and Hyundai at least leaving them with a message like 'Please message us your details' sorts. So I realised they were at least a little active.

Factors considered:
1. Car is out of warranty (five years since purchase)
2. This fault is very common across Hyundai cars
3. Want the car in working condition soon.

I later called up Hyundai customer care again but its so useless - they just guide us back to the Service Center.

So I took it up with the Customer Care executive of KUN again and she was so sure that calling up Hyundai would only put pressure on KUN and not help us solve the issue. The repair cost was nearly Rs. 12,000/- altogether. I told her to bring me a deal because this is definitely not my fault and neither of KUN. Their inability to solve issues with Hyundai is not of my concern either. I didn't want to lose an opportunity as my car is out of warranty legally speaking. I told them if not I would take it up more seriously.

First they came up with a deal (pretty useless one) saying they will waive off the labour charges - which was a paltry sum. I pressed them again and got the job done for Rs. 5k in total (approx 50% off). The work carries a warranty of 6 months.

So shameful of Hyundai for having such bad ethics in terms of this issue. Have been seeing this issue since the time of the launch of i20 and it's hard to believe they haven't solved it or haven't been willing to solve it over 10 years? Pathetic.

Anyways, the car is running fine otherwise.
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 20:31   #375

Buying advise: 145/80 R12 for Eon Era+

Hello guys,

I am buying new tyres for my Eon Era+ 2012 make.

The current tyres are Goodyear 145/80 R12 which Im changing 7 years after buying the car. So can you please suggest me? I saw there are many brands and many products in this size.

My use is city driving mainly. Occasional long travel.

MRF
Goodyear
Bridgestone
Michelin?

Im so confused. Need buying advise.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks