Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 20:22   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hope they have fixed the vibrating gear shift. Lovely car otherwise.
It's a thing of past. I bought a EON 2 days back, sports version, baked in may 2013 . gear lever doesn't vibrate. Eon is perhaps the coolest and most easy to drive in traffic. I love those butter Smooth gear shifts and clutch
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 22:52   #242
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review

They have indeed changed the gear shift mechanism in newer models. This was confirmed by the SA, however they weren't willing to retrofit it to an older Eon (my cousin's) even when he offered to pay for it.
quadbike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 22:05   #243
Senior - BHPian

That's great news. The only reason why we weren't considering it.
Old 2nd July 2013, 23:54   #244
Senior - BHPian

Drove an 2012 end EON and 2010 Alto 800 back to back. Both < 20000 kms done. Eon is way more refined and modern. I could not feel any vibration on the gearbox (not that I tried hard) and I drove like I would drive any other car. The comfort was definitely better than the 800.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:10   #245
BHPian

Just checked out a Eon Magna for wife. Did not do TD. Loved the car, looks good, seems comfortable, even for my height of 6'2" and even back space seems nice. Just looking for a decent city car with possible run on highway if required any time. Monthly running < 500Kms. What is the FE users are getting in city? How is the overall feedback regarding quality?
Old 4th July 2013, 14:32   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Just checked out a Eon Magna for wife. Did not do TD. Loved the car, looks good, seems comfortable, even for my height of 6'2" and even back space seems nice. Just looking for a decent city car with possible run on highway if required any time. Monthly running < 500Kms. What is the FE users are getting in city? How is the overall feedback regarding quality?
We have 3 EON's in immediate family. One of them does good amount of running monthly. Cousin is a designer and her work involves a lot of driving into old town as well as near by villages where her tailors etc are stationed. The car behaves fairly well on the highways. On one occasion i drove her EON to our family village near Baroda and the car was fairly decent with 5 passengers on board and some nominal luggage in its boot.

The car has done 22k kms till date. Interiors are holding up pretty well. No parts falling off. No rattles at all. The car is a breeze to drive in the city. About the Gear Lever vibration, its there. But not annoying as much. Or may be it doesn't bother her.

A perfect City car. We are also considering replacing our 5 yr old Wagon R with EON. May be post monsoons.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 4th July 2013 at 14:34.
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 14:34   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
We have 3 EON's in immediate family. One of them does good amount of running monthly. Cousin is a designer and her work involves a lot of driving into old town as well as near by villages where her tailors etc are stationed. The car behaves fairly well on the highways. On one occasion i drove her EON to our family village near Baroda and the car was fairly decent with 5 passengers on board and some nominal luggage in its boot.

The car has done 22k kms till date. Interiors are holding up pretty well. No parts falling off. No rattles at all. The car is a breeze to drive in the city. About the Gear Lever vibration, its there. But not annoying as much. Or may be it doesn't bother her.

A perfect City car. We are also considering replacing our 5 yr old Wagon R with EON. May be most monsoons.

Regards,
Thanks for the positive report. It seems the problem of vibrating gear has been resolved in newer builds. What is the FE you are getting in city and highway?
Old 4th July 2013, 14:36   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Thanks for the positive report. It seems the problem of vibrating gear has been resolved in newer builds. What is the FE you are getting in city and highway?
I am not sure of the daily mileage. Will have to check with cousin. But on that particular drive i think we got around 15ish. Not sure. Been a while since that drive. But there are a few EON Ownership threads and you would find proper info there.
Old 25th July 2013, 00:39   #249
BHPian

Few questions as I am planning to purchase within a month.

Which is the recommended variant in Eon? Does the Magna+ variant warrant the 30K higher price than the Era+? How is the OEM ICE of Magna+ variant? Will it be good enough if we replace the speakers with high quality ones?
Old 5th September 2013, 21:27   #250

I've booked a Hyundai EON Sportz (pristine blue) today after humming and hawing over the new Grand i10 Sportz that launched today and the i20 Magna. Both the i10G and the i20 come at around the same price (5.8L). The i20 definitely has superior drive quality but with fewer bells and whistles and mileage.

Since I already own an i20 Magna and the i10G's steering just didn't feel right I decided to save 1.5L and get the EON. It's not going to be used much in any case.

I don't understand why the i10 Grand comes with a Smart Key + Button ignition on 3 models when it lacks ABS / Airbags on all except the very top end. It costs about the same to include the safety features and actually solves real problems versus the ego massage of the smart key.

I suppose Hyundai's Indian consumer focus groups showed up the fatalistic Indian mentality that prefers eye candy over substance.

Back to the Eon: 4.35L on road - free insurance and 10k loyalty bonus + accessories worth 10-12k (teflon coat, under chasis protection, sunfilm etc.) .

I'm mostly looking at using it as a spare car for in-city rides. It should clock less than 5-7k per year.

I'd have liked ABS over the air bag, and the engine rattle could definitely use some dampening - at least for the premium end.

I did a couple of swift U-turns during the test drive - the car definitely needs to be watched for under steering during these common maneuvers. After executing the turn I watched the car proceed diagonally off to the left on a right hand turn.

Moving the car from halt even on gentle inclines or bumps needs use of the hand brake to prevent the engine screaming like a banshee - which it does without actually putting out any power. Reminded me of my Maruti 800 from a decade back.

I liked the tight turning radius - exactly what I want in a small city car. I've paid for a rear proximity sensor add-on.

I'd also considered the Nissan Micra, which I liked as a car, but refused to deal with the dealer (Avenue Nissan, Chennai). They brought home a Diesel Micra XL(O) for the test drive and tried to pass it off to me as a petrol variant that needed tuning for noise.

V3 Hyundai have serviced my i20 very well and the sales staff are pleasant and knowledgeable.
cheeni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 11:04   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

I took a back-to-back test drive of the Eon and the Nano to help (confuse) a friend. I felt that the engine noise and NVH of the Eon was no better than the Nano. When I challenged the SA, he said that the Eon was a test drive car, so has been driven hard and rough.

I'd like to know owners' views on this - is the Eon's engine quieter than the Nano, and with lesser engine clatter?

The 1.5L difference between the Nano and Eon are palatable if it pays for better interiors and better NVH, but is not as attractive if the engine is as noisy.
Old 5th November 2013, 17:21   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The 1.5L difference between the Nano and Eon are palatable if it pays for better interiors and better NVH, but is not as attractive if the engine is as noisy.
Arun, the NVH levels are high in Eon, but the gear shift vibrations are no more in new cars. Regarding the interiors, it got the best interiors in its segment. Also the seats are very supportive for day to day commuting.

Eon is a much more reliable, trendy, powerful and upmarket car compared to Nano at a cost of just 1.5L.
sunil8089 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 23:53   #253
BHPian

My 8500kms old eon (aug 2012 purchase) started showing a strange problem.
When driving in higher gears, especially 4th or 5th, when o release the accelerator after reaching a certain speed, there is an irritating deceleration. It feels as if something just pulls the car from behind. It wasn't there before. There is a definite feel of engine breaking if that is what you call it. Is something wrong with my clutch?
Old 16th December 2013, 18:21   #254
BHPian

One of my friend left his eon with the hyundai service center. He requested them for an headlight bulb change. They have told him that it will void the warranty. He further mentioned that, what if he changes the bulb of the same power rating (same as the one that comes in OEM) with a different manufacturer, say Philips extremevision. The SA has mentioned that the EON's ecu has the intelligence to even detect the change in manufacturer of the bulb even of same power rating. Is this possible ?
Old 16th December 2013, 19:16   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
One of my friend left his eon with the hyundai service center. He requested them for an headlight bulb change. They have told him that it will void the warranty. He further mentioned that, what if he changes the bulb of the same power rating (same as the one that comes in OEM) with a different manufacturer, say Philips extremevision. The SA has mentioned that the EON's ecu has the intelligence to even detect the change in manufacturer of the bulb even of same power rating. Is this possible ?
Yes - generally speaking it is possible for the ECU to throw error code. Mostly this happens for change in power rating or light color.
I am not sure whether eon ecu has this capability or not, but I have not come across this issue reported by anyone. Maybe eon owners who have changed their bulbs can comment.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks