Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 11:42   #1651
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

TAFE Access Hosur Road or Vinayak Skoda, KR Puram? Which is the recommended service center for Skoda in Bangalore. I bought my car from Vinayak Skoda, Marathalli but had an extremely frustrating experience with their Sales team. I wonder if the Service Center is equally bad. Plus Hosur road is much closer as I live in Bannerghatta road.

Looking for some advice from Bangalore BHPians.
dspeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 11:56   #1652

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
TAFE Access Hosur Road or Vinayak Skoda, KR Puram? Which is the recommended service center for Skoda in Bangalore. I bought my car from Vinayak Skoda, Marathalli but had an extremely frustrating experience with their Sales team. I wonder if the Service Center is equally bad. Plus Hosur road is much closer as I live in Bannerghatta road.

I bought my Rapid from TAFE ACCESS, Hosur road and also get service done from their center only. Have visited the service center for 1st free service, Summer Service camp and several more times for casual checks and small problems. Have not faced any issue till now with their treatment of me and my car There are a couple of SA's - Arun or Amuden whom I regularly interact with and are very courteous and patient. Overall I ve had a pleasant experience till now.

I am awaiting my 1-year/15K service in a few days and will be paying a visit again soon - probably by month end or next month.
Old 11th June 2014, 12:02   #1653
BHPian

@ achopraa :
Well yes, effectively the total cost for 6-month free check-up was Rs. 270, in my case. :

Quote:

I have not been to TAFE Hosur Road, but about Vinayaka Skoda KR Puram I have these points to say :
1. The service center is cramped, you will have a tough time getting your car parked even on weekdays.
2. The SA/Drivers don't take much care in opening the door when the car is parked by the side of the wall, so you need to look out and make sure they don't bang it against the wall.
3. Even after taking prior appointment, you'll be made to sit for your turn for more than 15 minutes. (30 minutes in my case)
4. The service provided is just above average.

And few more points you can note by going through the previous page of this thread.
Old 11th June 2014, 14:55   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion mate. I had this in my mind since I felt the vibrations. But I thought the chances are slim as the vehicle is pretty new. Anyways, will get this checked ASAP. Does this problem really come back every 10k kms? This is bad!
Aren't you shifting early. One should ideally be shifting at around 1800 rpm and if you do that you won't feel any vibrations. I have run the car 40K kms and havnet had this occur with me.

Try a few runs where you shift not before 1800, see if that helps.
santoshr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 15:33   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
I have not been to TAFE Hosur Road, but about Vinayaka Skoda KR Puram I have these points to say :
1. The service center is cramped, you will have a tough time getting your car parked even on weekdays.
2. The SA/Drivers don't take much care in opening the door when the car is parked by the side of the wall, so you need to look out and make sure they don't bang it against the wall.
3. Even after taking prior appointment, you'll be made to sit for your turn for more than 15 minutes. (30 minutes in my case)

And few more points you can note by going through the previous page of this thread.
I have done my Rapid's free check-up, 15k service ,summer check-up and some minor repairs at Vinayak Skoda, KR Puram. Though the people whom I dealt with were courteous, I agree with you on the waiting time and the difficulty in parking inside the service center. Apart from these, I am satisfied with their service. I have not been to TAFE service center though I bought the car from them.
Old 11th June 2014, 16:07   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
Aren't you shifting early. One should ideally be shifting at around 1800 rpm and if you do that you won't feel any vibrations. I have run the car 40K kms and havnet had this occur with me.

Try a few runs where you shift not before 1800, see if that helps.
Santosh Bhai, I shift only when I touch 2000 RPM. But as soon as you depress the clutch and up the gear, the RPM drops a bit and comes in the range between 1500 & 2000 where I find this vibration. I am not sure whether other cars have this, but my Fabia was butter smooth. May be I need to get used to the raw power and its consequences in my Rapid. Done 5k kms in 2 months and I am fast approaching the 7.5k free check up. Will report this and get this checked.

OT: Where have you updated your beast's Bhutan performance?

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 11th June 2014 at 16:11.
Old 12th June 2014, 22:04   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought my car from Vinayak Skoda, Marathalli but had an extremely frustrating experience with their Sales team.
My experience with them was equally so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post

Apart from the waiting period, I second everything that Funny has mentioned. I went for the first checkup and summer camp to Vinayak Skoda, and have decided to take my car to TAFE for the First free service. If nothing else, they will be as bad as Vinayak Skoda, and I can then make an informed decision on where to take the car in future.
Old 13th June 2014, 16:06   #1658
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Rapid special edition in the works.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http___i_haymarket_net_au_extraimages_20140613081633_rapidspymain.jpg

Special edition Skoda Rapid gets blackened exterior tweaks; may also come with new 1.5-litre diesel motor and DSG gearbox.
Quote:
The Skoda Rapid special edition gets exterior cosmetic tweaks such as black inserts for the headlamps with projector units, black surrounds for the grille and also blackened wing mirrors. It’s shod with special 16-inch ‘Comet’ alloy wheels and gets blackened fog-lamp inserts as well.
Quote:
This special edition Skoda Rapid is still a few months away and when launched, will come with a new 104bhp 1.5-litre diesel engine and may also get a DSG automatic gearbox.
Quote:
Interiors on this special edition Rapid is also expected to be spruced up and a touchscreen audio system is likely to be included. This will be one of the last special edition Skoda Rapids to hit the Indian market before the facelifted car arrives. The facelifted Rapid is expected to get more angular styling along with the new Skoda signature grille and headlamp design as seen on the all-new Octavia and the recently updated Superb sedan
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ks-388134.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th June 2014 at 16:09.
Old 14th June 2014, 01:05   #1659
BHPian

Hello

Has any Rapid owner changed the brake pads of his car? I am looking for the part number of the Rapid's brake pads. It would be mentioned in the bill if anyone has got it changed.

Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 10:16   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hello

Has any Rapid owner changed the brake pads of his car? I am looking for the part number of the Rapid's brake pads. It would be mentioned in the bill if anyone has got it changed.

Thanks
Part number is 6ru698151a .

price they charged is 1572+vat 14.5%
Diesel_convert is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 14:54   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post

Thanks! I will get it checked at the VW workshop here. We don't have Skoda dealership here so I will see if its the same as Vento.
Old 14th June 2014, 15:16   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post

Thats pretty cheap. My friend got his Vento pads changed for appx 3k icluding labor and tax.

Quote:
Thanks! I will get it checked at the VW workshop here. We don't have Skoda dealership here so I will see if its the same as Vento.
Vento stock pads are TVS so hopefully Rapid would be same too.
abhibh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 15:20   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Vento stock pads are TVS so hopefully Rapid would be same too.
Yes, if the part numbers are same then there is no question of any difference. I have got the Rapid'd brake pad part number. Will be visiting the VW showroom in a while to check if its the same and whether they will do counter sales. These people are finicky when it comes to counter sales
Old 14th June 2014, 15:30   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, if the part numbers are same then there is no question of any difference. I have got the Rapid'd brake pad part number. Will be visiting the VW showroom in a while to check if its the same and whether they will do counter sales. These people are finicky when it comes to counter sales
They will not do counter sale. Even if they do they will add labor cost to it.
Old 14th June 2014, 17:42   #1665
BHPian

Rapid pads are also TVS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks