Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2014, 13:01   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Went for the 15k kms service last weekend. Total came to Rs.7800-odd, of which I paid Rs.2800-odd as I had opted for the PM plan.

Service was completed fairly quickly at Vinayak on Old Madras Road. I had reported some (minor) suspension sounds, and they re-torqued the entire set of suspension bolts apparently. The other issue reported was the door beading sounds, which have been almost completely addressed. There is still some sound from the driver side door. I think they re-adjusted the door locks (tension?) to do so, and also mentioned that they had re-fitted all of the beadings. Let's see how long this holds.

Satisfied overall with the experience, although there were still a few negatives. The interiors are always dirtied, and Vinayak has tied up with some detailing company for the wash after service. The person polishing my car applied wax to the driver side half of the windscreen before I could stop him. Will need to mention that the windscreen should not be waxed when she goes for service next time. Pretty sure that this is what was causing streaks and stutter in the rains, but I plan to change to the frameless wipers soon.

I've heard a decent review of the TAFE access service centre at silk board junction. Is it worth giving that a try, or should I stick to Vinayak? The car was purchased from Vinayak, if that makes a difference.

Last edited by VeluM : 3rd August 2014 at 13:03.
Old 4th August 2014, 00:57   #1727
Senior - BHPian

Need some inputs on alloys for the rapid. I have the ambition variant so the stock tyres are 14". I have just driven around 18k so the stock Apollo acceleres are in good condition and can easily do a further 15k minimum. I was thinking of getting alloys now and upgrade to 185/14s once my current tyres wear out. So what are my options for alloys? Since I'm going to be using the stock 14" for a while I need to but 14" alloys right? That means I won't be able to upgrade to 15" tyres if I change my mind later?
Would be also helpful if anyone could suggest alloy brands around 14k for a set of 4.
Old 4th August 2014, 12:03   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
hrman, its unfortunate that you had a particularly bad experience. I had gone for the monsoon checkup (to prepare for a long drive tomorrow!) and was attended to promptly and had my car out of the workshop in an hour. This was in Okalipuram's Vinayaka service center. Been there thrice already for regular services and never had a chance to complain.
Ok. I have given it there in the past, however, they do not maintain stock of some spare parts like the seat belt. Which has to be fitted at the KR puram workshop. Glad you had a good experience, mine may be just a one off.

Last edited by hrman : 4th August 2014 at 12:06.
Old 6th August 2014, 18:41   #1729
BHPian

Just got my Rapid back from its first service which was done at TAFE Hosur Road service center.

Story goes -
Called on Monday 4th, they said they have a slot for service on 6th and will pick up the car at 9am. Since I will be working and will not be available to take delivery, they said I can make a payment online and sent me the banking details via email. Note this works if you have a HDFC account as bank to bank reflects immediately and they require the funds to reflect before releasing the car.

A day before the driver called me in the afternoon for directions and confirmed the service booking for the next day.

Pickup driver arrived at 9am on the dot, very professional in Skoda drab, nice touch! Did the regular body checks then asks me everything that I wanted done. Gave me a copy of the job card request and said once he gets there, the concerned service manager will call.

Received a call in 20 mins (I don’t stay too far from there), and patiently listened to what I needed done and said all will be done as I wanted and said she will try to get the work done and car delivered by EOD.

Received an email with the estimate of 6K, got a call at 4pm saying car will be ready in half an hour just getting washed and the bill amount of 5660 emailed to me for payment confirmation. Transferred the payment and sent proof via email. She called back in 10 mins saying payment is reflecting and driver will call before leaving.

20 mins later driver called and said he will leave now, reached my apartment called me to inform he has parked the car and handed over the keys and bill to wife and left.

Impressed with the level of service! I guess SKODA India is taking customer feedback and satisfaction very seriously.
KevinP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 19:28   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Need some inputs on alloys for the rapid. I have the ambition variant so the stock tyres are 14". I have just driven around 18k so the stock Apollo acceleres are in good condition and can easily do a further 15k minimum. I was thinking of getting alloys now and upgrade to 185/14s once my current tyres wear out. So what are my options for alloys? Since I'm going to be using the stock 14" for a while I need to but 14" alloys right? That means I won't be able to upgrade to 15" tyres if I change my mind later?
Would be also helpful if anyone could suggest alloy brands around 14k for a set of 4.
Go for the 15" alloys and tyres upgrade. Choose Michelin xm2 or Bridgestone truanza ar20 . For alloys I would suggest you to go for plati. I used them on my old swift and no complaints.
Old 10th August 2014, 19:35   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Need some inputs on alloys for the rapid. I have the ambition variant so the stock tyres are 14".
As Sunilsoft suggested, 15-inch alloys would look way better than 14-inch ones. I have an Ambition variant and was in the same quandary too. I've decided to use the stock tires until 20-25k Km and then upgrade to 15-inch wheels.
If you opt for the 14-inch alloys, Reliance Autozone has some offers. I think 17k for a set of 4. The brand I think is Neo, not sure though. You'll probably be able to get slightly better deals at tire dealers.
Old 10th August 2014, 23:29   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
As Sunilsoft suggested, 15-inch alloys would look way better than 14-inch ones. I have an Ambition variant and was in the same quandary too. I've decided to use the stock tires until 20-25k Km and then upgrade to 15-inch wheels.

If you opt for the 14-inch alloys, Reliance Autozone has some offers. I think 17k for a set of 4. The brand I think is Neo, not sure though. You'll probably be able to get slightly better deals at tire dealers.

Hey thanks for your response. Obviously cost is a factor and changing to 15" would mean new tyres and that will set me back by at least 50k. Whereas if I just change the alloys now and the tyres later it could just split the expense! I was told that 205/60/14 is also a good upgrade for the rapid. Any idea about this?
Old 11th August 2014, 12:28   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
I was told that 205/60/14 is also a good upgrade for the rapid.
I think this size is within the 3% variance and is safe to upgrade to. IMO, 14-inch wheels look a little puny and don't add to the car's appeal. I was stuck with 14-inch wheels on my previous Swift and wished that I'd gotten 15-inchers instead. You could ask the tire guy to display the alloy on your car and if you like, buy it! Eventually, that's all that matters.
Old 12th August 2014, 13:19   #1734

hi kevinP...

Did you get this Issue of (LOCK button on my FOB it just locks the doors and does not close the windows) fixed, even i'm experiencing the same issue.
not sure if Remote or some settings..
Any idea??

regards
Jeetg.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:39   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetg View Post
hi kevinP. Did you get this Issue of (LOCK button on my FOB it just locks the doors and does not close the windows) fixed, even i'm experiencing the same issue.
not sure if Remote or some settings.. Any idea??
I had actually forgotten about that issue!

Once it had come back from service it just resolved it self my guess is the VAS scan or update sorted it out or they fiddled with some FOB settings not sure mate.
Old 12th August 2014, 15:19   #1736

Just finished 15K service yesterday.

Service Center – TAFE ACCESS, Hosur Road, Bangalore
Cost of Service – Rs. 78XX - including Charged Wheel Balancing and Free of Cost TEFLON coating.

Commendable Job by the service center. Everything was perfect – indeed felt like they treated my car like a baby. Suspension, drive, braking – all feel appropriate.

Come August month end I would complete 1 year with this car – a very memorable year with several trips and not once did it throw up any major issues. Wanted to upgrade ICE on the occasion of 1st year anniversary. I happened to talk with the SA about changing the ICE. They didn’t have any units and they aren’t authorized to do fitting for externally procured sets. Guess I ll have to stick with Stock ICE for some more time – don’t want to meddle with Warranty.
tpsantu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 12:08   #1737
BHPian

I am back here after a year hunting for other cars. Passing through Ford Ecosport, Honda city, Nissan Terrano, Skoda rapid still ranks high on my radar. For its value for money, the European build, the classy look, the powerful engine, the drive comfort, and mainly immediate availability but for the parts, cost, service time and minimal features.
Anyone has info about when the black version is about to be released and what about the new look rapid.
Old 14th August 2014, 14:18   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Anyone has info about when the black version is about to be released and what about the new look rapid.
No information on the black version, but when I inquired about the new look (euro) model to the sales executive at TAFE Access Hosur Road, he mentioned that it is coming only in the later second half of 2015. He mentioned that the face-lifted Yeti is due next, and that has not arrived yet. So the new Rapid is not expected soon, in his opinion.

I booked Rapid Elegance TDI in red color and is eagerly awaiting the car to be allocated. . I didn't want an "updated" 1.5L engine, and was getting good feedback from known owners of the current version.
Old 14th August 2014, 18:25   #1739
BHPian

The new Rapid 1.5 TDI will have a VGT Turbocharger. So ideally it should have less turbo lag and more power at higher speeds, lighter engine and more fuel efficient. Also the Torque remains the same at 250NM & 103- 104BHP

Question is, Should I wait for the new Rapid or pick the current one

Performance & Handling is the one & only criteria for selecting one of this version. Which one do you guys suggest?
Old 14th August 2014, 18:39   #1740
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Question is, Should I wait for the new Rapid or pick the current one

Performance & Handling is the one & only criteria for selecting one of this version. Which one do you guys suggest?
why ? will the newer 1.5 version have poorer performance and handling ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks