Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2014, 17:33   #1786
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
finally booked my Rapid Elegance TDI - C.Biege, today,
Should take delivery on 25th Sept,
Heartiest Congratulations Hemant. I too have a booked the Rapid MPI Elegance few days back and taking deliver around the 25th, obviously because of the ongoing 'Shradh'. I assume you too are waiting for this period to get over.

How much has the car cost you on road as also have you availed a Skoda finance loan?
Old 8th September 2014, 19:19   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
finally booked my Rapid Elegance TDI - C.Biege, today,
Should take delivery on 25th Sept,
Congrats Hemant. What are the current discounts on the Rapid? Also how was your experience with the dealer?
Old 8th September 2014, 19:31   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Folks! On September 30 2014, Skoda Auto India shall launch the 1.5L TDI DSG Rapid.
What is the source of this information? Is Skoda really coming up with the facelifted Rapid? Or will they be simply trying a new engine in an old model which is going to be replaced in no time?

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 19:40   #1789
BHPian

Looks like the plans for the 1.5 TDI on the Rapid (& Vento) were set in motion around Oct 2013. See the screenshot from Zauba.com highlighted portion that shows the import of one Rapid & Vento each with an engine of 1499 ccm for testing purposes.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skoda-rapid-facelift.jpg  

Old 8th September 2014, 20:50   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Hemant. I too have a booked the Rapid MPI Elegance few days back and taking deliver around the 25th, obviously because of the ongoing 'Shradh'. I assume you too are waiting for this period to get over.

How much has the car cost you on road as also have you availed a Skoda finance loan?
Thanks devil_in_flesh, and Congratulations to You as well, Ya - I am waiting for the 'Shradh' period to be over - 15 days - from tomorrow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil0405 View Post
Congrats Hemant. What are the current discounts on the Rapid? Also how was your experience with the dealer?

Below are complete details of my deal,

Ex-showroom (Pune) = 10,01,647
Insurance - 53,622 = ZERO DEP + Skoda Assure/Additional waranty
Reg + Handling = 1,32,098

Discount is of 1 Lakh,
90 k offer - which includes exchange bonus of 30K, and additional 10K Corporate discount.

TOTAL ON ROAD -- 10,87,366 after applying the Discount,

I have finalized on few accessories, below are the committed prices for same,

I am opting for CASKA all in One System - this will replace the existing console, Caska MRP - 42K,
my price - after buyback of default system is 35K.

Art Leather Seat - 13K - this is supposed to be seat covers offered by Skoda itself.

Replacing the default cabin bulbs - front and rear - to White LED , and Front Pax footwell LED lamp - 3600.

I will be getting Mat, Mudflaps, Car cover free - they have agreed - but have got nothing in writing, and I have a feeling - Would have to haggle it out,

I am yet to take a call on Finance,
I will go for 3 Lakhs - at the most add another 50K, for 3 years.
Not yet decided, will finalize in couple of day's,
Checking on SBI, they do have pretty nice deal + NO Prepayment charges and NO Foreclosure charges,

SKODA Finance EMI Per LAKH is,

3 yrs - 3072
4 yrs - 2420
5 yrs - 2038

They have conditions for Prepayment and Foreclosure charges, which is discouraging me from going with them,, Plan to Close the loan in 2 years,

My overall experience with the Dealership till now is pretty good.
They have treated me well, and have really put efforts in clarifying me on any queries,, and have followed up for Test Drives, valuation of my current Car, Finance options...

hope the same continues for my Ownership experience,,

Hope this helps, any Feedback appreciated if this is a good deal, could have got better..
Folks who have recently purchased or booked or in-process, please share,,

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 8th September 2014 at 20:57.
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 23:08   #1791
BHPian

I have availed a Skoda finance loan for 5 lac at 8.45 % for 5 years, which works out my EMI to be Rs 10242 per month. I am really bad a at bargaining, so couldn't get much out of the Skoda guys.But pretty happy with the deal over all. I was very tempted to wait for the "Face Lifted Rapid" but the current version at the price it is being offered and the discounts made more sense. Also I don't really feel missing out on any specific accessory that I might expect from the new Rapid. Yes certainly the City and the Verna are packed with features and refined petrol engines producing more power, but the IMO Rapid's handling , build quality and ride is un-matched by these cars.

Also I am more a fan of European clean styling than the sporty looks of the Japanese and Koreans. Vento was the only car that was a close contender when I was in the choice making phase, but Rapid's looks and the deal over all appealed to me more. I feel anyone who buys the Rapid, somehow gets a kick out of owning the Skoda badge more than anything else. It is more of a status symbol that VW. In person too the Rapid is a lot bigger than it looks in photos. I am sure the present Rapid owners and the future ones like myself will be able to accessorize our cars with all the features that the face lifted Rapid may have to offer, if the need be. (except for the engine, maybe??!)
devil_in_flesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 10:51   #1792
BHPian

Two key messages to read during yesterday's Yeti launch -

Quote:
The carmaker, which sells only four diesel models in India -- Superb, Octavia and Fabia besides Yeti -- said it will not bring in any new models into the domestic market, where it will continue with the existing product range as part of its short-term strategy.
Quote:
Skoda is in the process of revamping its dealerships and service centres to address servicing issues in a more effective way, said the company's Director (Sales & Marketing) Pawel Szuflak.
Source - Skoda Yeti Upgrade Launch
Old 11th September 2014, 11:42   #1793
BHPian

Revamping its dealerships and service centers by Skoda is welcome news,,

Folks who have recently purchased or booked or in-process, request you to share the details of the deal/offer/pricing,
Old 11th September 2014, 12:59   #1794

hi All..

Got Star 3D mats for my rapid, just wanted to share some pic's might help some new owners....
Order Online carmatsindia.com
ECO MAT - 5 SEATER ( BLACK ): 2801.00 incl taxes..

Sharing some pics..
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-20140530_184959.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-20140530_185438.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-20140622_212225.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-20140622_212234.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-20140622_212311.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-20140622_212321.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-20140622_212421.jpg  

jeetg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 13:19   #1795
BHPian

I did not get below part.

Quote:
The carmaker, which sells only four diesel models in India -- Superb, Octavia and Fabia besides Yeti -- said it will not bring in any new models into the domestic market, where it will continue with the existing product range as part of its short-term strategy.
Quote:
He, however, maintained the company, a subsidiary of Germany's Volkswagen Group, will not get into the volume segment any time soon and continue with its current portfolio of four products
Am I missing something? What happened to Rapid?

Quote:
"There have been (service) issues in the past but the situation is now different. Today, all our efforts are focused to track, look, improve and bring our service to the next level," Szuflak said.
Good and nice to hear!

Ref:http://www.financialexpress.com/news...3-lakh/1287667
Old 13th September 2014, 05:47   #1796
BHPian

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Thanks devil_in_flesh, and Congratulations to You as well, Ya - I am waiting for the 'Shradh' period to be over - 15 days - from tomorrow..

Below are complete details of my deal,

Ex-showroom (Pune) = 10,01,647
Insurance - 53,622 = ZERO DEP + Skoda Assure/Additional waranty
Reg + Handling = 1,32,098

Discount is of 1 Lakh,
90 k offer - which includes exchange bonus of 30K, and additional 10K Corporate discount.

TOTAL ON ROAD -- 10,87,366 after applying the Discount,

I have finalized on few accessories, below are the committed prices for same,

I am opting for CASKA all in One System - this will replace the existing console, Caska MRP - 42K,
my price - after buyback of default system is 35K.

Art Leather Seat - 13K - this is supposed to be seat covers offered by Skoda itself.

Replacing the default cabin bulbs - front and rear - to White LED , and Front Pax footwell LED lamp - 3600.

I will be getting Mat, Mudflaps, Car cover free - they have agreed - but have got nothing in writing, and I have a feeling - Would have to haggle it out,

I am yet to take a call on Finance,
I will go for 3 Lakhs - at the most add another 50K, for 3 years.
Not yet decided, will finalize in couple of day's,
Checking on SBI, they do have pretty nice deal + NO Prepayment charges and NO Foreclosure charges,

SKODA Finance EMI Per LAKH is,

3 yrs - 3072
4 yrs - 2420
5 yrs - 2038

They have conditions for Prepayment and Foreclosure charges, which is discouraging me from going with them,, Plan to Close the loan in 2 years,

My overall experience with the Dealership till now is pretty good.
They have treated me well, and have really put efforts in clarifying me on any queries,, and have followed up for Test Drives, valuation of my current Car, Finance options...

hope the same continues for my Ownership experience,,

Hope this helps, any Feedback appreciated if this is a good deal, could have got better..
Folks who have recently purchased or booked or in-process, please share,,

Hemant congrats for finalising a new ride. don't opt for caska system. It lacks quality. Go for blaupunkt philadelphia 835. It's compatible with rapid and is much better than a caska system.
LIVE TO DRIVE

Last edited by sunilsoft : 13th September 2014 at 05:49.
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 09:19   #1797
BHPian

I am a novice in this area, dont have any knowledge,,
My requirment was - I wanted a single system - for all, Music, Navigation, Reverse Camera and Parking Sensors,,,

Caska was advised by the SA - and would be replace the default system in Rapid -
Since it would be dealer fit - there would be NO Waranty issues.
However, I was informed, there wont be Parking Sensors - Only Camera,,,

Does the, Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 - kind of ALL in One ??
and, Can it be integrated with Reverse parking Sensors ??

If so, Then, I will skip the Caska.

Thanks,
Old 13th September 2014, 09:34   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
I am a novice in this area, dont have any knowledge,,
My requirment was - I wanted a single system - for all, Music, Navigation, Reverse Camera and Parking Sensors,,,

Caska was advised by the SA - and would be replace the default system in Rapid -
Since it would be dealer fit - there would be NO Waranty issues.
However, I was informed, there wont be Parking Sensors - Only Camera,,,

Does the, Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 - kind of ALL in One ??
and, Can it be integrated with Reverse parking Sensors ??

If so, Then, I will skip the Caska.

Thanks,
Indeed this is All in One system that provides everything and this can also be arranged and fitted by the dealers itself. One of my friends has got it fitted from vw dealer itself. It costed him around 40k including camera but the quality of the system is top notch. I have installed the camera on my swift and once you have that setup there is no need for the reverse parking sensors.
You can check the detailed specs at http://www.blaupunkt.com/es/nc/produ...s/single/7332/
This is the same system that is offered in vento konekt and one thing's for sure that no warranty issues at all.
If you do really need to have rear parking sensors installed you can opt for skoda parking sensors kit. Here is the picture of Blaupunkt philadelphia 835
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-philadelphia-835_1.jpg  

Last edited by sunilsoft : 13th September 2014 at 09:38.
Old 14th September 2014, 11:29   #1799
BANNED

Please take a closer look at the VIN number and check for corrosion or wear and tear if you are buying a Skoda Rapid under any sort of "deal". We were going to close on one but then on checking the VIN saw that it was 4-5 months old already and that the spare wheel offered was with a steel rim. That, lack of colour choice, and other small fibs by the salesperson as well as poor documentation for both vehicle and loan, has put me off for sure.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-201408-473-480x640.jpg
Old 14th September 2014, 13:59   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post
Please take a closer look at the VIN number and check for corrosion or wear and tear if you are buying a Skoda Rapid under any sort of "deal". We were going to close on one but then on checking the VIN saw that it was 4-5 months old already and that the spare wheel offered was with a steel rim. That, lack of colour choice, and other small fibs by the salesperson as well as poor documentation for both vehicle and loan, has put me off for sure.

Attachment 1287407

Which dealership was this & who was the salesperson?

Most Viewed