Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 19:20   #1816
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
I had absolutely NO problem getting the Proforma Invoice from them,
Got that today and submitted to my Bank for Loan processing. I am not going with Skoda/VW Finance,

I have requested for VIN, for my Vehicel - Booked last week - most Probable delivery on 25th, The SA has promised me to send the same in a day, There was some Audit going on today - they could not get it today itself,, - Again NO fuss/Issues at all,

I have paid only the 50K booking amount till now,

My experience with the Skoda Dealership in Pune till now, has been very good, Not sure, whats the problem with the Delhi Dealer.

Sir, Let us know what was the costing of the Rapid Elegance, finally, with the discounts, etc.
And how advantageous or disadvantageous is Skoda/VW Finance over the normal Bank Loan, in the current scenario of Skoda Offers. I could not make out the intricacies of the Finance Offers from Skoda. please Guide.
Old 16th September 2014, 20:48   #1817
BHPian

HI,
The Costing is as below - Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI,

Ex-Showroom - Pune = 10.01.647
Insurance + Additional Waranty = 53.621
RTO, Tax, Handling,+ = 1.32.098

Discount is of 1 Lakh, 90 k cash discount offer - which includes exchange bonus of 30K, additional 10K Corporate discount.

I did not opt for Skoda finance, as there were Prepayment charges and Foreclosure charges,

Prepayment is allowed only twice, for entire tenure of loan - minimum prepayment should be 3 X EMI.
for Foreclosure, if paid within 2 years - 3% and if after 2 years 1.5 % of principal outstanding,

Otherwise - their loan is certainly the cheapest, that I have checked - cheaper then SBI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesa View Post
Sir, Let us know what was the costing of the Rapid Elegance, finally, with the discounts, etc.
And how advantageous or disadvantageous is Skoda/VW Finance over the normal Bank Loan, in the current scenario of Skoda Offers. I could not make out the intricacies of the Finance Offers from Skoda. please Guide.
Old 17th September 2014, 18:15   #1818
BHPian

Rapid owners, I need your inputs on a couple of things.

1 - There is a continuous rattle from the rear left side of my Rapid. It is not very prominent and not present on smooth roads. However, even on the slightest of rough patches the rattle can be heard.
A quick search online pointed out to a pottential suspension related problem or a heat sink screw related issue. But most of these were Skoda UK forums. Have any of you faced this as well. What could be the cause? I plan to visit the service center this week or the next about this as well.

2 - As soon as you have 4 adults in the car (or some luggage) the underbody starts getting hit on every speed breaker or pothole. What could be the solution to this? Is there a suspension setting that can be adjusted at the service center?

I have a Petrol Active Plus.
Old 17th September 2014, 20:36   #1819
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post
2 - As soon as you have 4 adults in the car (or some luggage) the underbody starts getting hit on every speed breaker or pothole. What could be the solution to this? Is there a suspension setting that can be adjusted at the service center?
I am looking to get the rapid as my next drive. How bad is the underbody hit ? I hear the rapid comes with 'rough road package' - critical bits in the underbody protected with fibre/metal plates - is this not helping ? or the protective covers are the ones getting hit ? Are you sure it is indeed the underbody and not the mudguards which are making the huge sound (this happened with me with my figo - every time i cross an unscientific hump, i hear ggkkkkr..kkrrr... i was under the impression this was the underbody but the ford SA pointed out that it was the mudguard)
Old 17th September 2014, 20:41   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I am looking to get the rapid as my next drive. How bad is the underbody hit ? I hear the rapid comes with 'rough road package' - critical bits in the underbody protected with fibre/metal plates - is this not helping ? or the protective covers are the ones getting hit ? Are you sure it is indeed the underbody and not the mudguards which are making the huge sound (this happened with me with my figo - every time i cross an unscientific hump, i hear ggkkkkr..kkrrr... i was under the impression this was the underbody but the ford SA pointed out that it was the mudguard)
The mudguards (front and back) take a hit even when we have a couple of people in the car. And that's ok. Yes, you are right, I too believe that it's the protective plates that get hit. I also suspect that the rattle may also be coming off those plates if they are not held in position securely.

I will let you know what the service guys say about these two things.
nobetterID is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 22:27   #1821
BHPian

Would replacing the stock Mudguards to shorter ones help ??
There was a post by somebody who had replaced these from eBay...

This scrapping issue has been reported by many people....
I could get them from eBay and avoid the default ones by Skoda...
Any suggestions ?

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 17th September 2014 at 22:30.
Old 18th September 2014, 09:48   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post
Rapid owners, I need your inputs on a couple of things.

1 - There is a continuous rattle from the rear left side of my Rapid. It is not very prominent and not present on smooth roads. However, even on the slightest of rough patches the rattle can be heard.
A quick search online pointed out to a pottential suspension related problem or a heat sink screw related issue. But most of these were Skoda UK forums. Have any of you faced this as well. What could be the cause? I plan to visit the service center this week or the next about this as well.
Rattles are a bit tricky to find and sort out.
The first thing to figure out is when the rattle actually happens. whether it is from Inside the Car or Outside.
If it is inside, look for any loose bolts/foreign objects etc.
It it is outside, check for mud guards/ area around rear boot.
A visit to Service Center may help as well.

Quote:
The only times I have managed to scrap the underbody is when the car is fully loaded and is taken over the speed breakers at a high speed.
The jump causes the front to bend down and scrap it a bit.
Rear of the car has not been scrapped so far.
The suspension is a bit stiff and thus its not easy for the car's underbody to get scrapped.
Old 18th September 2014, 23:48   #1823
BHPian

Some News - I think reliable,, but, still not absolutely certain,,,

SKODA will introduce the NEW or European Rapid - Next month,, Price range ~15 Lakhs.
The 1.5 Diesel and with Auto box is anyway confirmed - recent Polo and now - the New Vento, so Rapid cant be left behind,

Have to wait till the day, to know.

Production of current Rapid has stopped - some time back, and new bookings have lesser color and variant choices, that too till the existing stocks run out.
Old 18th September 2014, 23:59   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some News - I think reliable,, but, still not absolutely certain,,,

SKODA will introduce the NEW or European Rapid - Next month,, Price range ~15 Lakhs.
The 1.5 Diesel and with Auto box is anyway confirmed - recent Polo and now - the New Vento, so Rapid cant be left behind,

Have to wait till the day, to know.

Production of current Rapid has stopped - some time back, and new bookings have lesser color and variant choices, that too till the existing stocks run out.
Wish it was true but i don't think it is !
The car has not been spotted testing in India at all and there has been no information about the launch. In fact Skoda has hired a Mahindra owned design firm to Indianize the current Rapid and they plan to launch it next year. The current Rapid will get a DSG and 1.5Diesel and thats about all the changes it will get.

Also, think about it, whats the point of a Rapid at 15L when you have an Octavia priced between 15-20L !!
Old 19th September 2014, 22:48   #1825
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
On September 30 2014, Skoda Auto India shall launch the 1.5L TDI DSG Rapid.
The Media Drive will be conducted in Goa next week!
Old 20th September 2014, 07:55   #1826
BHPian

Yesterday, my Rapid met with a minor accident. I was waiting to turn in a very narrow lane (almost 90 degree turn) because many vehicles were entering the road where I was waiting. At the turn only one vehicle can cross due to the narrow road.

To my horror, a mini tempo swerved fast and entered this lane. The back door of the tempo opened wide and came in front of my car. I had to quickly move, to whatever space I had on the left but it was not enough.

This is the damage to my car. A deep scratch starting from head light.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140919_19_52_26_pro.jpg

Any idea how much the repair costs will be? Will it be wise to cover it under insurance? Can it be claimed fully?
Old 20th September 2014, 15:37   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Yesterday, my Rapid met with a minor accident. Any idea how much the repair costs will be? Will it be wise to cover it under insurance? Can it be claimed fully?
Use a rubbing compound like Meguiars Ultimate Compound with a yellow pad and that should get rid of scratch on paint as well as on headlight. No point in going for insurance claim over such a small scratch and also losing your NCB.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 18:33   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Use a rubbing compound like Meguiars Ultimate Compound with a yellow pad and that should get rid of scratch on paint as well as on headlight. No point in going for insurance claim over such a small scratch and also losing your NCB.
This too deep to be masked by rubbing compound. Try filling it with filler used by painters to fill the scratch and then brush in paint. Use rubbing compound to smoothen the filler first and then the paint.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 20:40   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Would replacing the stock Mudguards to shorter ones help ??
There was a post by somebody who had replaced these from eBay...

This scrapping issue has been reported by many people....
I could get them from eBay and avoid the default ones by Skoda...
Any suggestions ?
I just got our Rapid's mudflaps changed yesterday itself. The stock ones provided by Dealer was very long (rear ones) and it was almost scraping at every speed breaker in Bangalore.
After removing the stock ones I found that due to constant brushing against the body, the paint of the body covered by the side of the mudflaps was affected due to it (there were bruises here and there ).
I had ordered these : Plastic OE Original Type Car Mud Flaps For Skoda Rapid
The new ones are small but of same quality, got the rear ones replaced with the new ones. The front flaps are of the same dimensions, so there was no point in getting those replaced. Have kept those for later use, if required.
The difference now is almost 1.5 inch for the rear flaps, so I expect no more scraping. Haven't driven around much after getting it changed, hopefully it would not scrape as much as before. The new ones actually look better than the dealer fitted ones.
So I would suggest you to go ahead and order a set of those or similar flaps and get it fitted asap.
Old 20th September 2014, 22:28   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
I just got our Rapid's mudflaps changed yesterday itself. The stock ones provided by Dealer was very long (rear ones) and it was almost scraping at every speed breaker in Bangalore.
After removing the stock ones I found that due to constant brushing against the body, the paint of the body covered by the side of the mudflaps was affected due to it (there were bruises here and there ).
I had ordered these : Plastic OE Original Type Car Mud Flaps For Skoda Rapid
The new ones are small but of same quality, got the rear ones replaced with the new ones. The front flaps are of the same dimensions, so there was no point in getting those replaced. Have kept those for later use, if required.
The difference now is almost 1.5 inch for the rear flaps, so I expect no more scraping. Haven't driven around much after getting it changed, hopefully it would not scrape as much as before. The new ones actually look better than the dealer fitted ones.
So I would suggest you to go ahead and order a set of those or similar flaps and get it fitted asap.
Thanks, I will order my set right now from eBay...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks