Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 23:21   #1846
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick question. The rapid always came with 14" for all variants except the elegance. So have they included alloys in ambition + or have they changed the steel wheels from 14" to 15" like the vento?
Old 25th September 2014, 23:27   #1847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Thanks, I will order my set right now from eBay...

You know I have been thinking about the same, but there is also an option of buying it from the VW service centre since the bento got shorter updated mudflaps sometime back. I'm going to be checking out this possibility at a VW service centre soon.
Old 25th September 2014, 23:31   #1848
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just a quick question. The rapid always came with 14" for all variants except the elegance. So have they included alloys in ambition + or have they changed the steel wheels from 14" to 15" like the vento?
The ambition+ has same alloys as elegance. This is from the last 1.6TDI lot before the new 1.5TDI series had started production.

From what I understood :
- elegance ~40k (ex-showroom) more than ambition+
- only 3 things are extra in elegance w.r.t ambition+
1. projector headlamps
2. ergolever (to move passenger seat from rearseat)
3. automatic climate control

I specifically asked about whether there are still MID differences but the SA told me there is none (did not check it for myself, though). Since I thought 40k is too much for the above 3 features, went for amb+
Old 26th September 2014, 09:14   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
You know I have been thinking about the same, but there is also an option of buying it from the VW service centre since the bento got shorter updated mudflaps sometime back. I'm going to be checking out this possibility at a VW service centre soon.
I think, this would be better.
I did buy from eBay, but when I went to fit it..was told by my dealer that, it wont- unless they drill holes to match the screw position on the Mud flaps...and there would be Gap. They were arguing that the mat was not of Rapid..
I had brought the Skoda Rapid OEM Mud flaps only...finally got the default rapid mud flaps fitted by dealer and am returning the one that I purchases from eBay.

Better buy from local source....and please ensure it fits...

I don't understand...now I have to go through this Hassel....
Old 26th September 2014, 12:15   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Can anybody tell me whether my concern is justified ? Should I think of getting them changed after delivery (I dont want to upsize)
My Elegance also came shod with JK Tyres. Doesn't have any noticeable noise. The Apollo tyres on the Vento in the family, lost its treads by 35K! (I think its because of bad roads on which it ran, but still 35K was a bit too early to change tyres)

My i10 has Michelin XM2, and I can vouch for its quality. It was upsized to 175mm so there was noticeable increase in noise compared to the skinny 155 Bridgestones it originally had.

I don't intend to change the JK on my Rapid, FYI. Quite satisfied by it for the time being.
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 19:07   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
I think, this would be better.
I did buy from eBay, but when I went to fit it..was told by my dealer that, it wont- unless they drill holes to match the screw position on the Mud flaps...and there would be Gap. They were arguing that the mat was not of Rapid..
I had brought the Skoda Rapid OEM Mud flaps only...finally got the default rapid mud flaps fitted by dealer and am returning the one that I purchases from eBay.

Better buy from local source....and please ensure it fits...

I don't understand...now I have to go through this Hassel....
The dealer always would say something stupid like that. Because they think their products are always superior.
Drill is not the correct word, only slight adjustment in the FLAP itself has to be done. If at all any drilling is required, it'll be on the FLAP and not on the car body. Just get it done at any local mechanic, he'll fix it in less than 30 mins.
The mechanic charged me Rs.200 and did the work perfectly.
Old 26th September 2014, 20:56   #1852
Senior - BHPian

I had a pleasant experience with Vinayak Skoda for the first service of my Rapid at 15K km, had requested for pick and drop facility as the service center is quite far from my place. I opted for Okalipuram service center and as scheduled the driver was at my office sharp 9.30am to collect the car, I asked SA to stick to the list of things as mentioned in manual and not do extra works, today collected the car back, total bill came to 7892 including pickup and drop charges of INR 360 which I felt reasonable compared to my experience with Kropex last year. The car was delivered in immaculate condition with complete interior cleaning and nice waxing at no extra price. I remember Chevy dealers never used to clean interiors during service.

Last edited by deehunk : 26th September 2014 at 20:58.
Old 26th September 2014, 22:52   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I had a pleasant experience with Vinayak Skoda for the first service of my Rapid at 15K km, had requested for pick and drop facility as the service center is quite far from my place. I opted for Okalipuram service center and as scheduled the driver was at my office sharp 9.30am to collect the car, I asked SA to stick to the list of things as mentioned in manual and not do extra works, today collected the car back, total bill came to 7892 including pickup and drop charges of INR 360 which I felt reasonable compared to my experience with Kropex last year. The car was delivered in immaculate condition with complete interior cleaning and nice waxing at no extra price. I remember Chevy dealers never used to clean interiors during service.
That's good to hear. Looks like there is a lot more focus on getting the A.S.S right by Skoda. Under 8K for a service interval of 15k/1 year is not bad at all !!

In fact you end up spending a lot more with the 6 month service intervals for the Japanese & Korean cars (around 5-6k for B-segment hatchbacks !! Speaking from my own experience). Guess our aam Junta only look at the value of the bill & not the frequency. Talk about ignorance is bliss

Last edited by suhas_raj : 26th September 2014 at 22:53.
Old 27th September 2014, 00:31   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
That's good to hear. Looks like there is a lot more focus on getting the A.S.S right by Skoda. Under 8K for a service interval of 15k/1 year is not bad at all !!

In fact you end up spending a lot more with the 6 month service intervals for the Japanese & Korean cars (around 5-6k for B-segment hatchbacks !! Speaking from my own experience). Guess our aam Junta only look at the value of the bill & not the frequency. Talk about ignorance is bliss
Hi Suhas,

I think deehunk mentioned about the service costs for his first service @ 15K. Just curious to know - for which B-segment Japanese/Korean car did you spend 5-6 K for the first service? I'm also hearing a lot about the increasing service costs for cars that are normally termed as low maintenance.

-Vivek
Old 27th September 2014, 01:30   #1855
BHPian

I don't know about first service but I still spend less than 5K every year every 10K kms on my 12 year old Corolla, which has done 1.65K kms, the only major expenses are suspension, clutch, denting, painting, broken or damaged parts,now beat that.
Old 27th September 2014, 08:59   #1856
BHPian

Thanks,
Not sure, Maybe about the specific piece - I got..
They did show me about the Gap, even though, in Hindsight - I think. it was a trick they played on me to make me purchase from them...
Anyway, I noticed that the Mudflaps - from Skoda were also very similar in Height, So, I got them fitted, and am returning the one's I brought from eBay,,

Also, They put a Mat for the Car - and Boy, they are Patethic..
I cant believe they are dealing in Car's nothing less than 10/11 Lakhs, Why cant they put some decent stuff,, I am replacing them with 3M,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
The dealer always would say something stupid like that. Because they think their products are always superior.
Drill is not the correct word, only slight adjustment in the FLAP itself has to be done. If at all any drilling is required, it'll be on the FLAP and not on the car body. Just get it done at any local mechanic, he'll fix it in less than 30 mins.
The mechanic charged me Rs.200 and did the work perfectly.
Old 29th September 2014, 11:54   #1857
BHPian

Does anyone know if Skoda has a policy to provide for a replacement vehicle/courtesy car in case for repair taking longer duration? My Skoda Rapid was picked on Saturday, as the vehicle wouldn't start and it was diagonozed that the fuel pump needs to be replaced. Today, the SA informed me that it will take 10 days for the part to arrive.
Old 29th September 2014, 13:59   #1858
Senior - BHPian

They will provide a spare car if the vehicle repair takes long time.
Old 30th September 2014, 21:27   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post

There is a continuous rattle from the rear left side of my Rapid. It is not very prominent and not present on smooth roads. However, even on the slightest of rough patches the rattle can be heard.
A quick search online pointed out to a pottential suspension related problem or a heat sink screw related issue. But most of these were Skoda UK forums. Have any of you faced this as well. What could be the cause? I plan to visit the service center this week or the next about this as well.
I went to the service center to get this checked yesterday.
Got the car up on a lift and checked for any loose/hanging bits under the body. Nothing seemed out of place.
Checked the boot and the spare wheel area and everything looked ok (I had checked this myself long back but let him have a go at it).
The next suspect was the parking sensor box which was inside the boot lining on the left had side (behind the left tail light area). That was loose so we tried to fix it and took another test drive. Still no help.

Then he got to the bonnet and shook the engine vigorously. I did hear the rattle again. He mentioned that this can be because of the engine bedding and that he would need to record the sound and send to Skoda techincal team.

I was not too convinced with this diagnosis and came back thinking that I will take another opinion on this at another service center.

I still believe that the rattle comes from the rear left side rather than the engine bay.
Old 7th October 2014, 16:35   #1860
BHPian

Hi,
Have anybody put the 3M Films for the Car?

The CR Series ( Crystalline Automotive film) for front windshield is quoted at about 15K,and, the RE Series ( Reflective Automotive film) for the sides and back is another 10 K, just wanted to know, if somebody can verify their claim of Heat/UV and Glare reduction capabilities..

I got the 3M Mats fitted and they are good,,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks