Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 17:00   #1861
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Hi,
Have anybody put the 3M Films for the Car?

The CR Series ( Crystalline Automotive film) for front windshield is quoted at about 15K,and, the RE Series ( Reflective Automotive film) for the sides and back is another 10 K, just wanted to know, if somebody can verify their claim of Heat/UV and Glare reduction capabilities..

I got the 3M Mats fitted and they are good,,
I have the CR series on my Rapid. Yes there is good heat rejection and the AC seems more than adequate now. I paid 25K I think for the CR series all around.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 18:51   #1862
BHPian

Thankyou Shivasuma,
I am seriously thinking of going for this, am checking out if I can get some discount on the pricing,,will update,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I have the CR series on my Rapid. Yes there is good heat rejection and the AC seems more than adequate now. I paid 25K I think for the CR series all around.
Old 10th October 2014, 08:39   #1863
BHPian

Mod Note: Post deleted. Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on this board.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th October 2014 at 20:38.
Old 13th October 2014, 20:26   #1864
BHPian

I got the 3M CR Film on the front Windshield, and RE Film on Windows and Back,, and, its pretty effective.
Reduces Light Glare and makes AC more effective by reducing heat transferred into the Cabin, I could experience both these, immediately after the film were put. Went for a 150 KM drive - starting at 2 PM and definitely could feel the difference after in Heat and Glare (Lights from on-coming vehicles),,
I had to shell out 11,000/- for this, the CR Film for entire car would have cost me 24,000/-

Quote:
Thankyou Shivasuma,
I am seriously thinking of going for this, am checking out if I can get some discount on the pricing,,will update,
Old 15th October 2014, 00:19   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
I got the 3M CR Film on the front Windshield, and RE Film on Windows and Back,, and, its pretty effective.
Reduces Light Glare and makes AC more effective by reducing heat transferred into the Cabin, I could experience both these, immediately after the film were put. Went for a 150 KM drive - starting at 2 PM and definitely could feel the difference after in Heat and Glare (Lights from on-coming vehicles),,
I had to shell out 11,000/- for this, the CR Film for entire car would have cost me 24,000/-
Hemant, would you be able to upload some pics of your car taken after sunfilm installation preferably taken in daylight. I am considering the same for my ride while I am also concerned if I will be pulled over way too often by cops. Is it very evident that a sunfilm has been installed or can it pass :what:

Last edited by suhas_raj : 15th October 2014 at 00:22.
Old 17th October 2014, 11:11   #1866
BHPian

Will take some pics in weekend,
But -I can tell You, the CR film is awesome, super..
Its extremely effective in reducing Heat, blocking UV-Rays, and reducing Glare of on-coming vehicle head lamps even in High Beam,
I would any day recommend you go for same,

I have CR only for Front Windshield, and RE series film for side windows and back,, the RE film is very light, and hardly noticeable..
I don't think, Cops should pull you up for same,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Hemant, would you be able to upload some pics of your car taken after sunfilm installation preferably taken in daylight. I am considering the same for my ride while I am also concerned if I will be pulled over way too often by cops. Is it very evident that a sunfilm has been installed or can it pass :what:
Old 19th October 2014, 09:47   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Have anybody put the 3M Films for the Car?

The CR Series ( Crystalline Automotive film) for front windshield is quoted at about 15K,and, the RE Series ( Reflective Automotive film) for the sides and back is another 10 K, just wanted to know, if somebody can verify their claim of Heat/UV and Glare reduction capabilities..

I got the 3M Mats fitted and they are good,,
Can we legally CR films on car glasses ? is'int it against the supreme court ruling of using sun control films on automobile windshields?
Old 19th October 2014, 10:17   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Can we legally CR films on car glasses ? is'int it against the supreme court ruling of using sun control films on automobile windshields?
Nope. It is illegal to have any film but people are still taking the risk. CR/RE series have good visibility and helps in rejecting heat. There are pretty much invisible and the only way you can make out is either by running your fingers on the glass or by noticing the 3M logo on the sunfilm.
shivasuma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 13:04   #1869
BHPian

I am not sure - if ANY/ALL films are banned, quite possible, I am not properly informed - however I think, the basic issue was about the BLACK TINT and resulting in complete blockage of visibility,,
If that was the case, Goverment/RTO/Police should not allow such businesses to function - atleast so openly,, but, its a different discussion,,

The CR and RE films are pretty transparent - Quite Unlike many of the BLACK TINT Films., both these films have about 70% transparency - Blocking about 30% visibility.
The films are put from the Inside, only telltale marks are the 3M logo - that to only on the CR Film - the logo is not on the RE,

Attached are some pics, I think, its for people to make their own minds,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Nope. It is illegal to have any film but people are still taking the risk. CR/RE series have good visibility and helps in rejecting heat. There are pretty much invisible and the only way you can make out is either by running your fingers on the glass or by noticing the 3M logo on the sunfilm.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-myrapid51.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-myrapid52.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-myrapid53.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-myrapid54.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-myrapid55.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-myrapid56.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-myrapid57.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-myrapid58.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-myrapid59.jpg  

Hemant_Joshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 16:31   #1870
Senior - BHPian

All films are banned. Technically as per law even the sun blinds we put are not allowed. Mirrors should be 100% transparent. Don't know about other parts in India but in Delhi the police is quite strict about sun films and it's very rare to spot one.
Old 19th October 2014, 19:39   #1871
BHPian

Correct. Technically, sticking anything is banned. But it's near impossible to find out this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Mirrors should be 100% transparent.
Now, what does that mean?
Old 19th October 2014, 21:05   #1872
BHPian

Today suddenly my car is not going above 2000 rpm.

Plan to take the car to the service centre tomorrow.

Also I read on briskoda that it can be a case of a blocked vacuum pipe or a pipe to the turbo getting lose.

Fingers crossed and hope that it isn't something major.
Old 20th October 2014, 10:22   #1873
BHPian

They may be banned by the Supreme Court Order,
But, I see cars every day - which still have them in Pune,,and that was the case in Bangalore as well,
In Bangalore - I know of many people in my apartment - who have still not bothered to remove the old tints/sun film even today,

I never understood the logic of this decision, I don't think, the verdict has achieved anything it was intended to,,
but anyway, its the law, and, I do not support breaking the Law, but, when you see it happening everyday around you, one tends to become a bit insensitive - atleast in matters that really not that grave,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
All films are banned. Technically as per law even the sun blinds we put are not allowed. Mirrors should be 100% transparent. Don't know about other parts in India but in Delhi the police is quite strict about sun films and it's very rare to spot one.
Old 20th October 2014, 15:43   #1874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
Correct. Technically, sticking anything is banned. But it's near impossible to find out this film.
This is an example of a stupid rule that I would be glad to break. Fortunately for me I live in Bangalore, so it doesn't ever really get hot enough for me to justify the risk. It does become a royal pain in the rear when out on trips to KL/TN/MH, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
Now, what does that mean?
I think "windows". Many people (including my wife) occasionally refer to them as mirrors.
Old 21st October 2014, 13:28   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Today suddenly my car is not going above 2000 rpm.

Plan to take the car to the service centre tomorrow.

Also I read on briskoda that it can be a case of a blocked vacuum pipe or a pipe to the turbo getting lose.

Fingers crossed and hope that it isn't something major.
This sounds most likely of rat bit cables. Possible that a couple of your wires maybe hanging, a quick inspection can confirm this. Off course could be something more serious as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks