Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2014, 14:02   #1876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
This sounds most likely of rat bit cables. Possible that a couple of your wires maybe hanging, a quick inspection can confirm this. Off course could be something more serious as well.

Turns out it was a loose pipe!
manas27587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 14:38   #1877
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

manas27587 - That's nice to know, nothing major.
Could you get what is the probable reason for same from the Service engineer/adviser? Was it a case of rat bite??

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Turns out it was a loose pipe!
Old 21st October 2014, 14:43   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
manas27587 - That's nice to know, nothing major.

Could you get what is the probable reason for same from the Service engineer/adviser? Was it a case of rat bite??

I found out the loose pipe on my own.
As it was a Sunday,
Out of curiosity opened the bonnet and was looking inside when I found the loose pipe.
Was more suspecting because of the briskoda forum.
Old 21st October 2014, 16:36   #1879
Senior - BHPian

My relative had a similar issue 2 months ago, TAFE told him that vehicle has to be towed to ASS. I checked the vehicle, it was the disconnected intercooler hose, fixed it and issue solved. I am sharing the photo here for any future reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-engine-bay-1.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 09:48   #1880
BHPian

Guys..
Did a TD on new Rapid Elegance 1.5 with black pack.
The car felt impressive and the ride quality was good.
I really dont know how it compares with the outgoing 1.6 in terms of engine output and ride quality.
Can any one provide a comparative observation of both these models ?
Old 9th November 2014, 17:54   #1881
BHPian

Hi fellow Rapid owners/followers,

I just made into the forum and want to say hello on this very thread, which i follow religiously. I own the first batch Rapid (bought on 6th december 2011) from Vinayak cars, Sadashivnagar.

I am planning a detailed ownership thread very soon, mean while a high level summary of my ride status.

Model: Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI MT (49,350 on ODO)

Modifications done till date:
1. Pioneer (AVH 2490 BT) head unit and FOCAL speakers with Rockford amplifier
2. Autocop reverse parking sensors
3. EVO Vision reverse parking camera integrated with HU
4. 90/100 W head lights with relay
5. Art leather seat covers and leather steering grip

Modifications 1-4 are done at EVO, Ulsoor, Bangalore and seat covers are done Karlsson, Indiranagar.

Issues with car till date(only one)
1. Engine mount was replaced free of cost during the first year of ownership

Till date i enjoyed the car to the full extent, I sincearly hope my dream run will continue
Old 11th November 2014, 08:37   #1882
BHPian

Hello Experts,

I need your help in identifying the root cause for the below mentioned problem.

Problem: When I try re-starting my car at signal, It won't start in the first try. I need to crank again. Second time it will start for sure. This happened for 2 days (overall 5-6 times).

Current Status:This issue gone away by itself. For the last one week it never happened again. There is a 2000KM long drive planned in next two weeks, so I do not want to struck in the middle of road with family, hence posting this query. Everyday for the past one week I am stopping the car at signals and trying to reproduce the problem, but not successful.

I didn't plan a visit to service centre because I am not able to reproduce the problem

Here are my observations (may help to understand little background)
1. This happened in the evening around 5-6 PM (not due to cold start)
2. Second cranking does not take any extra time to start (I think battery is ok)
3. Any problem with fuel like adultered fuel or water in fuel (I go to the same pump for refuelling)
4. Short of fuel supply to the engine for the self sustained combustion? ( Second cracking was required only at signal, not at the starting point always, read home&office)
5. Vehicle is serviced ~7 months/8500KMS ago and all the fluids like engine oil, brake fluid are ok.
6. There are no indicators/red lights on dashboard

I want to make sure engine won't stop during my long drive.
Thanks in advance!
Old 11th November 2014, 13:50   #1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Hello Experts,

I need your help in identifying the root cause for the below mentioned problem.

Problem: When I try re-starting my car at signal, It won't start in the first try. I need to crank again. Second time it will start for sure. This happened for 2 days (overall 5-6 times).

Current Status:This issue gone away by itself. For the last one week it never happened again. There is a 2000KM long drive planned in next two weeks, so I do not want to struck in the middle of road with family, hence posting this query. Everyday for the past one week I am stopping the car at signals and trying to reproduce the problem, but not successful.

I didn't plan a visit to service centre because I am not able to reproduce the problem

Here are my observations (may help to understand little background)
1. This happened in the evening around 5-6 PM (not due to cold start)
2. Second cranking does not take any extra time to start (I think battery is ok)
3. Any problem with fuel like adultered fuel or water in fuel (I go to the same pump for refuelling)
4. Short of fuel supply to the engine for the self sustained combustion? ( Second cracking was required only at signal, not at the starting point always, read home&office)
5. Vehicle is serviced ~7 months/8500KMS ago and all the fluids like engine oil, brake fluid are ok.

I want to make sure engine won't stop during my long drive.
Thanks in advance!
What is your Key position when you switch off the engine at the signal? you bring it to the lowest possible position or keep it in IGNITION mode? Usually if you car stops while running and you want to start it - you have to completely turn the key to that lowest possible position and then get into ignition mode and start - or else it wont start. Is this you issue ?
Old 11th November 2014, 14:37   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsantu View Post
What is your Key position when you switch off the engine at the signal? you bring it to the lowest possible position or keep it in IGNITION mode? Usually if you car stops while running and you want to start it - you have to completely turn the key to that lowest possible position and then get into ignition mode and start - or else it wont start. Is this you issue ?
No mate.
Issue with my car is different. When I turn the key starter motor will start rotating the flywheel and engine will have few power stokes going and then stalls/stops. I mean engine is not able to continue in idling in the first cranking (hence stops). In second cranking it works normally.
I hope I put it right this time
Old 11th November 2014, 17:08   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
I own the first batch Rapid (bought on 6th december 2011) from Vinayak cars, Sadashivnagar.

Model: Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI MT (49,350 on ODO)
Quote:

Quote:
No mate.
Issue with my car is different. When I turn the key starter motor will start rotating the flywheel and engine will have few power stokes going and then stalls/stops. I mean engine is not able to continue in idling in the first cranking (hence stops). In second cranking it works normally.
I hope I put it right this time
Welcome to the Forum.
To me it seems a case of dying battery. Its almost 3 years and some EOM batteries have just about that much lifespan.
You can get the same checked at Skoda Service Center or at a nearby Battery Guy.
Also, check for any deposits around the Battery Terminals which may cause the juice to not flow correctly.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 08:00   #1886
BHPian

Thanks for your response!
Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Welcome to the Forum.
To me it seems a case of dying battery. Its almost 3 years and some EOM batteries have just about that much lifespan.
You can get the same checked at Skoda Service Center or at a nearby Battery Guy.
I will check the battery health soon and should update. By the what to look out for, when battery being checked? I do not want to go to Skoda workshop for this alone, so planning to go to a battery guy. hence the above question.

Quote:
Also, check for any deposits around the Battery Terminals which may cause the juice to not flow correctly.
Battery terminals are clean (only dry dust is there, now I cleaned that as well)
Old 24th November 2014, 19:33   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response!

I will check the battery health soon and should update. By the what to look out for, when battery being checked? I do not want to go to Skoda workshop for this alone, so planning to go to a battery guy. hence the above question.

Battery terminals are clean (only dry dust is there, now I cleaned that as well)
Hi i recently had a similar issue. Mine is a 2012 July model. The car didnt start once and the problem appeared to go away. 2 months later it happened again and this time, it never started. I had the vehicle towed to Vinayak cars and they identified the problem as a faulty Diesel Pump(seems mine was not the first vehicle with the issue). They did not have the part in stock, so they kept the vehicle for 2 weeks(owing to the diwali vacs in between). The pump was replaced under warranty.
If you're planning a long drive, i suggest you get the pump checked once.
On checking the battery, the manual tells you how to check for it(there is a circular window at the top of the battery), you should look for a change in colour(exact colour is mentioned in the manual, i cant recall )
onedotsix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 07:49   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedotsix View Post
Hi i recently had a similar issue. Mine is a 2012 July model. The car didnt start once and the problem appeared to go away. 2 months later it happened again and this time, it never started. I had the vehicle towed to Vinayak cars and they identified the problem as a faulty Diesel Pump(seems mine was not the first vehicle with the issue). They did not have the part in stock, so they kept the vehicle for 2 weeks(owing to the diwali vacs in between). The pump was replaced under warranty.
If you're planning a long drive, i suggest you get the pump checked once.
On checking the battery, the manual tells you how to check for it(there is a circular window at the top of the battery), you should look for a change in colour(exact colour is mentioned in the manual, i cant recall )
Thanks for your timely inputs!
Thank god i have returned from my trip without stopping in the middle of the road. Yesterday morning start took really long time(cold start). Today iam visiting vinayak cars...lets see what comes out of it
Old 27th November 2014, 12:45   #1889
BHPian

Update on my car's starting problem
Vinayak ASS person tells that battery gone kaput and needs replacement. He is suggesting to go for AMRON or EXIDE. As per him life of the battery is 2.5 years. I told him to hold on and not to change the battery. I will go to service centre Today and personally see the error message regarding the battery.

Any body replaced their OEM battery in their Rapid's? Any inputs/pointers will be appreciated.
Old 28th November 2014, 08:49   #1890
BHPian

I have got my car back Yesterday. Conclusion from service engineer is replace battery (current ODO is 51,200 Kms)

VCDS error message: Battery recharge & Test, I have personally saw this message.

I have decided to change the battery outside the dealership as Skoda OEM battery cost is 7k+ and comes only with 2 yr warranty. Now questions
1. What is the battery rating I should go for? (Vento Thread says it's 60Ah for TDI) Skoda Owner's manual does not tell the rating
2. I am thinking of AMARON brand. Any better alternatives?
3. Anybody purchased online like www.batterybhai.com? These folks are recommending 66Ah, 74Ah also for Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI.

Planning to finish this task over this weekend. Any inputs are appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks