Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2014, 13:38   #1921
BHPian

I've read those threads.

One question I have is are the vents for all the 3 cars of the same size?

If yes I was in dubai and thought could get a used louvre of a Vento(POLO here) for cheap
Old 24th December 2014, 14:25   #1922
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
One question I have is are the vents for all the 3 cars of the same size?
Yes, the parts are shared.
Old 24th December 2014, 23:26   #1923
BHPian

Does black smoke usually comes when we start the car ?

Came across this morning when my wife started our 1 month old 1.5 TDI and was a bit suprised. Wanted to check with you all if it is different for you all.
Old 25th December 2014, 07:55   #1924
Senior - BHPian

Check the air filter, it might be clogged.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 12:05   #1925
BHPian

Since our Rapid had got its under-body scraped at many huge speed-breakers, I got the under-body checked and found that there is no major damage. Only the protective cover has got few deep scratches, which the adviser said is normal.

Also in our MPI, when shifting from 1st gear to 2nd year then is a small power-loss felt initially and then the car picks-up. Is it normal for everyone else?
Old 26th December 2014, 21:22   #1926
BHPian

Got a first-hand experience of the horrible Skoda service.
Vinayak Skoda, Bangalore called me a few days ago for the service reminder. I booked for today (Fri, Dec 26) and told them I would be going to their Oklipuram service center. I reschedule stuff at work and take the day off. I reach Vinayak Skoda at 9.30 AM, after a good 12 Km drive (I stay at Jakkur). I meet the reception lady and to my horror, she says there's no appointment for me. I show her the phone number they called me from and she flatly says "Oh, that's from our KR Puram branch". How am I supposed to know? And I did specifically mention that I'm going to the Oklipuram center.
No service manager on duty today. Next, a service adviser comes in. I tell him my story and how they've wasted my time. He has this smirk on his face and tells me that I'm the one wasting my own time. He tells me that even if they take the car in, they will be able to give it back only after 3 days. What?? Seriously?? 3 days to change lubricants and filters?? BTW, this is the 2nd year service. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. I decided to walk out before I totally blew my fuse.
Decided to not deal with Vinayak Skoda ever again and called Tafe Access later. Similar story - no slots until Dec 31 and might take 2-3 days to get the car back.
Man, are these guys short-staffed or what? Is it the usual case at the Skoda service centers?
Old 26th December 2014, 21:44   #1927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
Does black smoke usually comes when we start the car ?

Came across this morning when my wife started our 1 month old 1.5 TDI and was a bit suprised. Wanted to check with you all if it is different for you all.
Normal for diesels, particularly given the fact that in the cold mornings we have these days, the diesels find it a bit tough to start, given their higher operating temperature.

Just use the glow plugs judiciously.

As long as there isn't any smoke during normal acceleration, you're fine.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 13:06   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
Got a first-hand experience of the horrible Skoda service.
Vinayak Skoda, Bangalore called me a few days ago for the service reminder. I booked for today (Fri, Dec 26) and told them I would be going to their Oklipuram service center. I reschedule stuff at work and take the day off. I reach Vinayak Skoda at 9.30 AM, after a good 12 Km drive (I stay at Jakkur). I meet the reception lady and to my horror, she says there's no appointment for me. I show her the phone number they called me from and she flatly says "Oh, that's from our KR Puram branch". How am I supposed to know? And I did specifically mention that I'm going to the Oklipuram center.
No service manager on duty today. Next, a service adviser comes in. I tell him my story and how they've wasted my time. He has this smirk on his face and tells me that I'm the one wasting my own time. He tells me that even if they take the car in, they will be able to give it back only after 3 days. What?? Seriously?? 3 days to change lubricants and filters?? BTW, this is the 2nd year service. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. I decided to walk out before I totally blew my fuse.
Decided to not deal with Vinayak Skoda ever again and called Tafe Access later. Similar story - no slots until Dec 31 and might take 2-3 days to get the car back.
Man, are these guys short-staffed or what? Is it the usual case at the Skoda service centers?
Weekends are always a pain. Even if you have an prior appointment, most of the time they'll return your car after 2-3 days only. Try to give it on week days and you should get it back max within 2 days. Since during weekends they are always overloaded.
Also since today is Friday and they haven't got a appointment registered with them, taking your car today would mean that they are going to look at it tomorrow only and again since tomorrow is a Saturday, they'll be overloaded. So you'll get it back on Monday itself, which is the 3rd day!

We have shortage of Service centers here. More cars to service and less number of Service centers, this adds to the problem.
I hope they open more branches soon, to solve this problem.
Old 27th December 2014, 18:27   #1929
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Turns out it was a loose pipe!
I suffered the same in my diesel swift during a trip to Shimla at 5 am!

Quote:
I found out the loose pipe on my own.
As it was a Sunday,
Out of curiosity opened the bonnet and was looking inside when I found the loose pipe.
Was more suspecting because of the briskoda forum.
I was guided by the Maruti representative on phone, used a coin to tighten the clip.
Old 29th December 2014, 15:12   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
He tells me that even if they take the car in, they will be able to give it back only after 3 days. What?? Seriously?? 3 days to change lubricants and filters?? BTW, this is the 2nd year service. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. I decided to walk out before I totally blew my fuse.
I have a long drive coming up this weekend and the 2nd annual service is due. But got a service slot at Okalipuram center (close to home) for tomorrow morning though I had asked more than a week back. And looks like there is no guarantee of getting the car back in the 2 days margin I have to the weekend.
Not sure if I should go ahead and give the car for service tomorrow or wait until after the drive (~800km round trip).
Old 29th December 2014, 15:35   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Not sure if I should go ahead and give the car for service tomorrow or wait until after the drive (~800km round trip).
I would wait until after the road trip, as there's no guarantee that you'll get your car back in time. Unless, you have a backup plan, like a confirmed self-drive booking thru' Zoom or Carzonrent.
ozzyrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 17:10   #1932
BHPian

Hi rki2007, i am also getting a very good bargain on 1.5 TDI Ambition plus. The ORP is 11.53 & if the vehicle is picked up by 31st Dec the car would land at 10.25 here in Mumbai.
In fact i was looking for Elegance/ Black package but the SA persuaded me towards Ambition plus saying there are primarily three differences between Ambition plus & Elegance, namely Climatronic, Alloy wheels & Projector Headlamps & that he would offer me Ambition Plus with Alloys & advised me to fit Xenon bulbs from the dealership (@ rs 15000/) for similar lighting effects. Offer is pretty tempting.
I read many horror stories on this forum regarding ASS yet i also read how good the car is. Had taken a TD 6/8 months ago ( on a 1.6 TDI then ) the car seemed very very good except the rear seat comfort. ( I say this cause i own a Tata Manza with a legendary rear space)
Have you picked up your vehicle already ?
Also friends from Mumbai who own Rapid, esp the new 1.5 TDI, your take on this please. I need to take a decision very quickly. Thanks in advance.
Old 29th December 2014, 19:18   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh Bhatt View Post
Hi rki2007, i am also getting a very good bargain on 1.5 TDI Ambition plus. The ORP is 11.53 & if the vehicle is picked up by 31st Dec the car would land at 10.25 here in Mumbai.
In fact i was looking for Elegance/ Black package but the SA persuaded me towards Ambition plus saying there are primarily three differences between Ambition plus & Elegance, namely Climatronic, Alloy wheels & Projector Headlamps & that he would offer me Ambition Plus with Alloys & advised me to fit Xenon bulbs from the dealership (@ rs 15000/) for similar lighting effects. Offer is pretty tempting.
I read many horror stories on this forum regarding ASS yet i also read how good the car is. Had taken a TD 6/8 months ago ( on a 1.6 TDI then ) the car seemed very very good except the rear seat comfort. ( I say this cause i own a Tata Manza with a legendary rear space)
Have you picked up your vehicle already ?
Also friends from Mumbai who own Rapid, esp the new 1.5 TDI, your take on this please. I need to take a decision very quickly. Thanks in advance.
Going for the Rapid is a very good choice currently. Every penny is worth spending on the car. The A.S.S is also improving. It should be better than Tata any day.

10.25L is including Alloys is it? I haven't picked up the car yet.

Last edited by rki2007 : 29th December 2014 at 19:19.
Old 29th December 2014, 19:51   #1934
BHPian

Yes, 10.25 L includes Alloys ! Good offer, isn't it !
Condition..pay by 31st, hence the hurry.
Come January, they will not increase prices so immediately but the discount is certainly going to go off !
Old 29th December 2014, 23:06   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Tata vs Skoda! I won't put my money on a Skoda now!
Its your opinion, I respect that. But I completely differ and so are the common masses out there. For the hype Zest has created, at least 6000-8000 sales volumes should have happened. But that isn't the truth out there. The sales volume of the chief competitor Dzire, though its old, under equipped, still sells 5 times more than Zest.

New entrant Elite i20 is super hit which sells at least 3 times more than Zest.

Tata can create a hype for Zest like they did one for Manza. Since the Manza's time neither they have improved in the A.S.S area nor customer satisfaction. They do not know to maintain the product portfolio, in their dreams also they should not think of discontinuing Manza which was launched in late 2009 and indeed which is considered to be a very important strategical product for Tata. But the product is nearing its grave. The same thing may happen to Zest tomorrow!!. If it is so unstable, then who will choose a Tata Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh Bhatt View Post
Yes, 10.25 L includes Alloys ! Good offer, isn't it !
Condition..pay by 31st, hence the hurry.
Come January, they will not increase prices so immediately but the discount is certainly going to go off !
Yes, very good offer.

Last edited by rki2007 : 29th December 2014 at 23:09.

Most Viewed