Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2015, 11:39   #2011
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congratulations on your new car. My advice from owning Vento TDi for nearly 4 years would be too
1. Get extended warranty
2. Extended road side assistance

Now coming to JK tyres. My car too came with those. I too had decided to change them but it was wise not to. They are very good tyres and hold great in wet conditions & high speed driving. Also they are made in technical collaboration with Continental Germany.

Yes, but you do need to get alloys, those wheel caps are definitely spoiling the looks of the car.
Thanks for your wishes. Yes surely, I have got the extended warranty for 2 years. So now the warranty is 2 plus 2 years. The tyres are something which I have thought about many times. Had it been Apollo at least I would have lived with it. I am happy that I am hearing good reviews about JK tyres. But i would be driving extensively on the highways, so I think I would be requiring some good rubber.

In terms of extended road side assistance, I need to check with the sales guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats rki2007 on your latest pick and wish you many happy motoring miles.

I don't remember which tires my GT TDI came with as OEM, but I upgraded them to 205/55 rubber the very next day and I can vouch by my decision, that its probably one of the most important changes needed.

And those wheel caps look like they came from PREMIER RIO !!

Since you have already started looking for alloys, please get the right tire size and you will never regret your decision. Please post the ownership report of your car.

P.S - I believe your Rapid is a TDI, since I don't see your mentioning it anywhere.
Thanks for your wishes.Yes my car is 1.5 tdi Ambition plus. I have placed an order for the Hrs alloys and I am yet to receive it.

Tyre upgrade - I am looking for either P3ST or XM2. The size is like 195/60/R15 which will give me some more ground clearence.

Ownership report will follow soon when I get to know the car more.

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th January 2015 at 11:42.
Old 27th January 2015, 11:58   #2012
BANNED

Congratulations rki2007 on your new car, is it manual or DSG, you should have gone with factory allow options, anyways now you have better choice of after market alloys and better tyres. Even I am waiting for my White Rapid DSG in black edition, showroom guys assured me this month end or first week of February delivery. Do share your plans with other accessories specially ICE and Tyre, alloy upgrades.
Also you got the free Insurance and 2+2 year extended warranty offer or not.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 27th January 2015 at 12:02.
Old 27th January 2015, 13:43   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Tyre upgrade - I am looking for either P3ST or XM2. The size is like 195/60/R15 which will give me some more ground clearence.

Ownership report will follow soon when I get to know the car more.
I suggest you stick to P3ST or Pirelli P7 XM2 are not in the same league. I got P7 for my E280, very satisfied, they are cheaper than P3ST and do a fantastic job on bad roads too. But if you want a sporty drive go for Yokohama s drive PS100, you will suffer on ride quality but the grip is amazing, its a broad shoulder little hard tyre.
Old 27th January 2015, 13:50   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Congratulations rki2007 on your new car, is it manual or DSG, you should have gone with factory allow options, anyways now you have better choice of after market alloys and better tyres. Even I am waiting for my White Rapid DSG in black edition, showroom guys assured me this month end or first week of February delivery. Do share your plans with other accessories specially ICE and Tyre, alloy upgrades.
Also you got the free Insurance and 2+2 year extended warranty offer or not.
Thanks for your wishes Ajaybiz. It is manual transmission. I intentionally did not go for the OEM alloys though it was available at a lower cost than the after market ones. The reason is that I did not like it much when compared to those after market ones.

Honesty speaking I haven't thought of ICE till now. May be in future I might do some sound enhancement work. Lets see how it works.

But I think there is need for a better horn. I will check that out soon.

My booking was a december one. I got a lumpsum discount which included insurance too. However I paid for the 2 years extended warranty at Rs. 11,722.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
I suggest you stick to P3ST or Pirelli P7 XM2 are not in the same league. I got P7 for my E280, very satisfied, they are cheaper than P3ST and do a fantastic job on bad roads too. But if you want a sporty drive go for Yokohama s drive PS100, you will suffer on ride quality but the grip is amazing, its a broad shoulder little hard tyre.
Thanks for your advice. I will look into the P7 as well.

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th January 2015 at 13:56.
Old 27th January 2015, 16:29   #2015
BHPian

Has anyone heard of the new Elegance Plus being introduced? Apparently it comes with black on black package.
Old 28th January 2015, 01:30   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
]
But I think there is need for a better horn. I will check that out soon.
Congratulation mate, Do upgrade to an alloy with some good rubber. Regarding the horn,Initially even I thought it needs an upgrade, but it does the job inside the city for sure.Take a call after you check once you are outside the car by asking someone to press it for you. That might help you decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Has anyone heard of the new Elegance Plus being introduced? Apparently it comes with black on black package.
The elegance plus would probably be the one with roof and side decals,navigation system, interior wood decor that cost extra 30K after the black package.

Quote:
Do share your plans with other accessories specially ICE and Tyre, alloy upgrades.
Two after market systems fits in perfectly without breaking the centre. Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 and Kenwood DNX 535vBT and they both costs a bomb. I was offered a Korean set while buying the car which I was really not interested and got Blaupunkt installed with reverse cam with night vision along with JBL CX63SI speakers for all 4 doors.The sound is decent but I would personally like to have bit more of Mid-bass. I usually don't prefer amp or sub woofer as they occupy space which I am not willing to sacrifice. I came across some speakers is pioneer which would be worth checking out. Pioneer TS-M800PRO,TS-M650PRO and TC -C600IN and JBL GTO series are in my list to check out down the line and see if they are compatible.
lakshman1067 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 10:59   #2017
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
Two after market systems fits in perfectly without breaking the centre. Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 and Kenwood DNX 535vBT and they both costs a bomb. I was offered a Korean set while buying the car which I was really not interested and got Blaupunkt installed with reverse cam with night vision along with JBL CX63SI speakers for all 4 doors.The sound is decent but I would personally like to have bit more of Mid-bass. I usually don't prefer amp or sub woofer as they occupy space which I am not willing to sacrifice. I came across some speakers is pioneer which would be worth checking out. Pioneer TS-M800PRO,TS-M650PRO and TC -C600IN and JBL GTO series are in my list to check out down the line and see if they are compatible.
Even I am going with Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 with stock speakers, components, amps, sub later phase of doing the car accessories, BTW which reverse camera they installed, does it fits in number plate slot or drilled in bumper, I ordered one which says Sony CCD camera with 520 TV line and 720x576 pixels, let's see how's the picture clarity.
Old 28th January 2015, 16:54   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Elegance plus is launched as of today. It is about Rs. 20,000 more than elegance and comes with cruise control, reverse sensors and leatherette seats.
Old 28th January 2015, 17:07   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Elegance plus is launched as of today. It is about Rs. 20,000 more than elegance and comes with cruise control, reverse sensors and leatherette seats.
Isn't Cruise control and reverse sensors already present in the elegance?. From the list you mentioned only the leatherette seats are new. If it is just leatherette seats then 20k maybe on the higher side.
Old 28th January 2015, 20:39   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Even I am going with Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 with stock speakers, components, amps, sub later phase of doing the car accessories, BTW which reverse camera they installed, does it fits in number plate slot or drilled in bumper, I ordered one which says Sony CCD camera with 520 TV line and 720x576 pixels, let's see how's the picture clarity.
I was getting a headache all the time with the stock speakers while hearing it with a decent volume. Not really sure why, due to which I changed the speakers to JBL CX series which was only available when i was searching for the GTO. But to be honest they were decent for a stock. Regarding the camera they have drilled it right above the middle parking sensor in the bumper and to be honest I do not know which make it is off but I am happy with its ouput during the night times as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Isn't Cruise control and reverse sensors already present in the elegance?. From the list you mentioned only the leatherette seats are new. If it is just leatherette seats then 20k maybe on the higher side.
If I am not wrong mate, The cruise control is available right from the Ambition plus variant.I was told that the roof and side decal,interior wood and a portable navigation were given for an extra 30K which is called to be as Elegance black package plus. But kindly note that this information is now 2 months old.
lakshman1067 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 20:40   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
What is leatherette seats. Is it artificial leather?
Old 28th January 2015, 20:49   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
What is leatherette seats. Is it artificial leather?
That is correct. It is just a alternate used instead of leather using fabrics mostly.
Old 28th January 2015, 21:04   #2023
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

There is one more variant right at the bottom which didn't come in the screenshot, which is the 1.5 TDI CR Elegance AT Black Package, priced at 11,43,100/-.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg
Old 28th January 2015, 21:16   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Updated prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

There is one more variant right at the bottom which didn't come in the screenshot, which is the 1.5 TDI CR Elegance AT Black Package, priced at 11,43,100/-.
Am I reading it right ? 1.5 TDI Ambition AT with alloys is 10.05L while the normal 1.5 TDI Ambition AT is 10.80l ?
Old 28th January 2015, 21:26   #2025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
Am I reading it right ? 1.5 TDI Ambition AT with alloys is 10.05L while the normal 1.5 TDI Ambition AT is 10.80l ?
TDI Ambition+ AT (with Alloys) is 10.95L, not 10.05L. That's 15,000 rupees over the regular TDI Ambition+ AT - the same price difference is also across the corresponding Ambition/Ambition+ manual TDI & the MPI/MPI AT variants as well.

No Ambition variants on offer for the Rapid anymore. They have been discontinued for quite some time.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th January 2015 at 21:29.

Most Viewed