Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:48   #196
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Thank you for the pricing details. Does this price include extended warranty. Also, do they offer corporate discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsmoke View Post
OK if its useful to anyone.... The rates in Cochin on the road for Rapid Elegance TDI are Rs. 1035840/- with nil dep insurance and Rs.1027577/- with normal insurance. Ambition TDI with normal insurance is Rs. 927744/-. That's one lakh difference for climate control, passenger airbag etc.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:56   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
I have seen it in all colors. My preference would be

Black>Red>White>Beige>Silver. Red in Rapid looks far superior to red in Vento.
I tend to agree. Check out the photos of Rapid in Black, White and Red here:

SKODA Rapid Open Day Celebrations!! | Facebook

I am already drooling over the RED one but I have already been allotted my second choice (White) which is in transit at the moment. Enquired the dealer again and got to know that it would take 20-25 days more to get the next lot of cars in Chennai which may have red. I have already waited for too long for a new car. Planning to settle for White with a heavy heart.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:58   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
What color have you booked ? Did anyone get to see a RED rapid in the show rooms or outdoors ? How is it compared to the White ?

Samurai, Vid, did you get to see the car in all colors ? Which looks the best pick (I know its subjective but still) ?
I loved the black and booked it. Here is the pic of Red Rapid

Quote:
I tend to agree. Check out the photos of Rapid in Black, White and Red here:

SKODA Rapid Open Day Celebrations!! | Facebook

I am already drooling over the RED one but I have already been allotted my second choice (White) which is in transit at the moment. Enquired the dealer again and got to know that it would take 20-25 days more to get the next lot of cars in Chennai which may have red. I have already waited for too long for a new car. Planning to settle for White with a heavy heart.
Where did you book the car? When did you get a proper allotment number? I booked mine on Nov 17th and I just got a booking number 35. I am not too sure what this number means. I have been chasing Gurudev for an allotment number but they said they will only provide it next week. Can you please share your experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-red-rapid.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd November 2011 at 13:02. Reason: merging posts
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:15   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
I loved the black and booked it. Here is the pic of Red Rapid

Where did you book the car? When did you get a proper allotment number? I booked mine on Nov 17th and I just got a booking number 35. I am not too sure what this number means. I have been chasing Gurudev for an allotment number but they said they will only provide it next week. Can you please share your experience.
My booking is with Gurudev, Chennai. I booked the car on 9th Nov (if I remember right). Had given RED as first choice and White as second. Got a call yesterday from Gurudev that a few vehicles are in transit and I could choose from White, Silver, Beige and Black for allotment. They wanted me to confirm in the next 15 mins with confirmation to pay the full payment in a couple of days. I have agreed to take the White and it is now allotted in my name. They haven't give me the VIN yet though. If all goes well, the car should arrive in chennai over the weekend. The registration formalities might extend the delivery to dec first week.
krish.sathish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:20   #200
BHPian

Quote:
My booking is with Gurudev, Chennai. I booked the car on 9th Nov (if I remember right). Had given RED as first choice and White as second. Got a call yesterday from Gurudev that a few vehicles are in transit and I could choose from White, Silver, Beige and Black for allotment. They wanted me to confirm in the next 15 mins with confirmation to pay the full payment in a couple of days. I have agreed to take the White and it is now allotted in my name. They haven't give me the VIN yet though. If all goes well, the car should arrive in chennai over the weekend. The registration formalities might extend the delivery to dec first week.
Oh Congrats! Are you going to go with the Skoda Insurance? Did you get any freebies or discounts?
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:40   #201
BHPian

Quote:
I tend to agree. [..]

White looks good on most of the European cars. I don't know if its only me, but white Rapid looks somewhat similar to white Superb. (which is good). The car in-person looks longer especially the front three quarters view.

BTW, Congratulation on the Car. Please post your ownership log.
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:07   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Got delivery of my Rapid Elegance today, will post my driving impression soon.
Congrats !! Which variant (petrol / diesel - MT / AT) did you pick? Pls post some pics & first impressions.
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:09   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin
Thank you for the pricing details. Does this price include extended warranty. Also, do they offer corporate discount.
Nope. Extended warranty is not included. There was no talk of any freebies or discounts. I don't know if anyone else has got any freebies. If anyone manages to get a discount freebies please do let me know also. Would like to bargain with them before I pay up. I just booked a silver elegance TDI.
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:20   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
White looks good on most of the European cars. I don't know if its only me, but white Rapid looks somewhat similar to white Superb. (which is good). The car in-person looks longer especially the front three quarters view.

BTW, Congratulation on the Car. Please post your ownership log.
Thanks. Guess what I have done in the last few minutes - Called the dealer and asked him to cancel my white allocation. Have decided to wait for the RED. couldn't take that compromise some how.
krish.sathish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:40   #205
BHPian

Thank you for the info.

Did you take insurance from the dealer. When is the expected delivery. Also heard a new dealership is coming up in Kochi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsmoke View Post
Nope. Extended warranty is not included. There was no talk of any freebies or discounts. I don't know if anyone else has got any freebies. If anyone manages to get a discount freebies please do let me know also. Would like to bargain with them before I pay up. I just booked a silver elegance TDI.
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:33   #206
BHPian

Am on the verge of Booking the Rapid myself, I love the way the car looks but the only dilemma I have at the moment is that I already have a Laura and don't know whether I should plunge in for another Skoda.

P.s. They have promised me delivery end of December.
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:24   #207
BHPian

Quote:
What color have you booked ? Did anyone get to see a RED rapid in the show rooms or outdoors ? How is it compared to the White ?

Samurai, Vid, did you get to see the car in all colors ? Which looks the best pick (I know its subjective but still) ?
i have booked the trademark cappuccino beige. i think its the best, apart from black, that can match up with the light beige interiors well.
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:32   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Am on the verge of Booking the Rapid myself, I love the way the car looks but the only dilemma I have at the moment is that I already have a Laura and don't know whether I should plunge in for another Skoda.

P.s. They have promised me delivery end of December.
Laura is a better car than Rapid in terms of Space, Power and Segment. I too own a Laura and I felt cramped in Rapid compared to Laura.

IMHO the red in Rapid is more Orangish in the screen. Is it the same colour in actual also? White definitely looks bold and mejestic. This is only my personal opinion Pl.
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:57   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I have driven the Vento AT for nearly 15,000 km now. Same gearbox, same engine, hell virtually the same car! Samurai/Vid were dead-on when they commented that this car is not for those who drive it the same way they would a manual tranny car aggressively. That would explain the "own sweet time" it takes to reach peak speeds.
I agree with Noopster. Having driven the Vento AT for ~6 months now, have never experienced a wheezy engine, indecisive gearbox , too much engine noise or jerky shifts in traffic. I infact feel that it is much more refined and quickshifting than the City AT which I test drove many times. From stationary to crusing speed the gear changes are smooth and power keeps coming smoothly. Downshifting is also smoothly done. The only "blank spot" is in D4 where it seems to take a bit more than time to downshift when you intend to pick up speed quickly. Being in B'lore passing through the KR Puram traffic mess - I have no complaints with this AT.
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:39   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin View Post
Thank you for the info.

Did you take insurance from the dealer. When is the expected delivery. Also heard a new dealership is coming up in Kochi.
Yup I do propose to take insurance from the dealer. They apparently offer Reliance and Bajaj Allianz. Also as I mentioned earlier their tentative date of delivery is December third week. Again no news of any discounts of freebies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks